Zero no Tsukaima Author Noboru Yamaguchi Passes Away

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zero no Tsukaima Author Noboru Yamaguchi Passes Away

Post by Sir Maddy on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:43 am

Media Factory's MF Bunko J Editor-in-Chief Taiji Misaka announced on Wednesday that Zero no Tsukaima (The Familiar of Zero) author Noboru Yamaguchi passed away on April 4 after a two-year battle with cancer. He was 41.

Yamaguchi was writing game scenarios when he made his novel-writing debut in 2000 through the Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko imprint. He then published the first volume of his most famous work, the Zero no Tsukaima light novel series, through the MF Bunko J imprint in 2004. The series eventually amassed 20 main volumes, five side story volumes, and four anime seasons.

Yamaguchi had confirmed in 2011 that he had advanced-stage cancer that was originally considered inoperable. However, during an unrelated gallstone surgery, the cancerous growth was confirmed to have shrunk in size. Yamaguchi then learned that there was surgery that he could have that might cure the cancer. He reported later that year that this surgery ended without incident, although he returned to the hospital at the end of 2011.

Yamaguch had planned to end the Zero no Tsukaima light novels last year before his cancer diagnosis and subsequent operation. Media Factory published the 20th of 22 planned volumes in February of 2011. Zero no Tsukaima F, the fourth and final anime series, premiered in 2012.

Yamaguchi had just returned to work last year, and he wanted to resume his Zero no Tsukaima novels at the beginning of this year. However, he reported in November that this is unfeasible due to his most recent hospital stay for surgery, and apologized to his readers for the wait. He vowed to continue writing when his health returns "no matter what," and thanked everyone for the words of encouragement — in Japanese and in English.

Yamaguchi's family held a service on Tuesday.

Source: ANN

Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Zero no Tsukaima Author Noboru Yamaguchi Passes Away

Post by Bato on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:50 am

R.I.P.. Way too young to go..

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:22 am

R.I.P.

In that case I'll finish 3rd and 4th seasons sooner than expected.

Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:19 am

I wonder if he left any notes behind to have someone finish the series or something. When an author dies the series will either also die or will get picked up by another. This can be tricky though unless the author left behind a draft on how he wanted the series to end.

I am the president of the Manga club
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuyushi on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:19 pm

That's sad, I mean 41? Just goes to show life is unpredictable.

My Anime List ^_^ ----> http://myanimelist.net/profile/TsuyuChan
Tsuyushi
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 175
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:18 am

As tribute to Yamaguchi's passing.
I promise tomorrow, I will take Zero no Tsukaima F off my dropped list, and finish off the whole series in one seating.
Which is like 9 episodes considering I did drop it at around episode 3, and plus I did enjoy it a little despite the harem.

Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top