Forum Sections

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum Sections

Post by Sporadic on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:20 am

We tried making the forum index as original as possible while still adding a few sections that the JustDubs forum always needed. I just finished doing the final organizing, renaming and description adding. Is there any valid section requests before its finished?

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by - The Rose - on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:23 am

maybe a sub section for manga?
avatar
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Male Posts : 313
Join date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Metazoxan on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:38 am

- The Rose - wrote:maybe a sub section for manga?

Noooooooooooooooo! Then what happens to my club!

I'm just half joking. But seriously unless my club was bursting at the seems with activity there would be little point. Although if such a section was made I'd ask to be it's moderator.


Anyway as for my thoughts on the sections
For some reason it feels like something is missing in the anime genera section but I'm not sure what to add.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Sporadic on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
- The Rose - wrote:maybe a sub section for manga?

Noooooooooooooooo! Then what happens to my club!

I'm just half joking. But seriously unless my club was bursting at the seems with activity there would be little point. Although if such a section was made I'd ask to be it's moderator.


Anyway as for my thoughts on the sections
For some reason it feels like something is missing in the anime genera section but I'm not sure what to add.

Yeah, I agree. I felt against there being a VN section too. For the fact that its just the club members posting in it. Might take that out, depends.

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Valvatorez on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:11 pm

I honestly don't care if that is taken out.
As long as I make my club again again.

_________________


http://myanimelist.net/profile/KarmaDelta

---------------------------------------

Spoiler:

avatar
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 21
Location : Hades, Underworld
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Kusanagi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Horror and Psychological anime section.

Roleplaying can become a sub-section of The Asylum.

I think we should have a Manga section as well as a Visual Novel section; having only a VN section is kind of weird since manga is more popular and has more English-translated content. But the main point is that it's difficult to discuss different stories or find posts about specific series when either manga or VN discussion is limited to a single thread like the club threads.

The clubs can still exist even with these sections. They can focus on recommendations, assigned manga/VNs to do, general discussion, etc. Even if the clubs have difficulty maintaining activity, I think there's more potential for activity in separate manga/VN sections.


Last edited by Kusanagi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Kusanagi
Moderator
Moderator

Male Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-19
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Sir Maddy on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Kusanagi wrote:Horror and Psychological anime section.

I agree with this one.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by - The Rose - on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
- The Rose - wrote:maybe a sub section for manga?

Noooooooooooooooo! Then what happens to my club!

I'm just half joking. But seriously unless my club was bursting at the seems with activity there would be little point. Although if such a section was made I'd ask to be it's moderator.


Anyway as for my thoughts on the sections
For some reason it feels like something is missing in the anime genera section but I'm not sure what to add.

Yeah, I agree. I felt against there being a VN section too. For the fact that its just the club members posting in it. Might take that out, depends.

well what about the gamer club? or is that different because that is way more popular
avatar
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Male Posts : 313
Join date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Sporadic on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:58 pm

I feel like there's going to be a lot more posts about video games than VNs though. Just based off of how many topics each were getting on JustDubs.

Also, I set up the Horror and Psychological section.


Last edited by Sporadic on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Blazer on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:
Kusanagi wrote:Horror and Psychological anime section.

I agree with this one.

I agree with this one as well. Also i do like the section for manga too. Maybe a sub section at least.

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Kusanagi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Sporadic wrote:I feel like there's going to be a lot more posts about video games than VNs though. Just based off of how many topics each were getting on JustDubs.

Also, I set up the Horror and Psychological section.

We may not need a VN section then. A few people play VNs, but their activity is enough to be managed with just a club thread. But I think we need a Manga section at least, especially because most people read a few manga or at least from time to time.
avatar
Kusanagi
Moderator
Moderator

Male Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-19
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Colme on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:18 am

Just remember, less is more.
avatar
Colme
Bronze Saint

Posts : 216
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 23
Location : Ottawa
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Kusanagi on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:33 am

Colme wrote:Just remember, less is more.

Oh hey, Colme. Nice to see you here.

But it's kind of a balance, really. It's not a pain to navigate when there are less sections, and it groups up threads to concentrate activity. But more sections helps organize information, prevents clutter, and can promote discussion by having a section for that topic. For example of the latter, the old forums didn't have a video game section and no one really made threads about them or discussed them outside of the video game club; but with the section in this forum, it's more likely that people will feel like they're allowed to make such threads when they find video games they want to talk about.

_________________
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

MyAnimeList
avatar
Kusanagi
Moderator
Moderator

Male Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-19
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Yuki Terumi on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 pm

If a gaming section remains, I don't think we really need the club. Most discussion in the club could be dispersed as various threads on news, upcoming releases, specific genres etc. I'm not fussed either way, but I don't see the need for both.
avatar
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 22
Location : Kagutsuchi
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Colme on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Kusanagi wrote:But it's kind of a balance, really. It's not a pain to navigate when there are less sections, and it groups up threads to concentrate activity. But more sections helps organize information, prevents clutter, and can promote discussion by having a section for that topic. For example of the latter, the old forums didn't have a video game section and no one really made threads about them or discussed them outside of the video game club; but with the section in this forum, it's more likely that people will feel like they're allowed to make such threads when they find video games they want to talk about.

Alternatively you'll end up with a half-dozen virtually empty forum sections.
avatar
Colme
Bronze Saint

Posts : 216
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 23
Location : Ottawa
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Sporadic on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:20 pm

I'll let this week be the trail. If enough threads are started in either section I'll leave them. But if they stay pretty much the same, like I think they will, I'll go ahead and take them out.

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Metazoxan on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
Colme wrote:Just remember, less is more.

Oh hey, Colme. Nice to see you here.

But it's kind of a balance, really. It's not a pain to navigate when there are less sections, and it groups up threads to concentrate activity. But more sections helps organize information, prevents clutter, and can promote discussion by having a section for that topic. For example of the latter, the old forums didn't have a video game section and no one really made threads about them or discussed them outside of the video game club; but with the section in this forum, it's more likely that people will feel like they're allowed to make such threads when they find video games they want to talk about.

Exactly. A few times when JD forums was at it's lowest activity points (like a couple posts with any actual content to them every couple days at best) I tried looking for a new forum and one of the things that made me stay away from others was a ton of section. Sure it organized everything but there were tons I didn't care about so I had to try to navigate. It is a good set up for really active communities as small sections just can't hold all the topics but JD forums just doesn't have that kinda activity. If we had a set up like Mangafox the forums would look like a complete ghost town because half would barely get any activity. Plus less sections means less to immediately navigate through and a simpler layout. With the manga club no one seems to want to discuss even one manga in the main thread so it hasn't even had the chance to get cluttered and the discussion events barely seem to be getting by. If the discussions did well and the main club had even two manga discussions mixing together then I could see the use of a manga section. But as things stand while plenty of people signed up for the club and plenty of people read manga few seem to feel like discussing it much on JD.

Same with VNs Iagree that you should remove that section.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Sections

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum