New Release Club Shingeki no Kyoujin

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: New Release Club Shingeki no Kyoujin

Post by Jayvon on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:52 pm

This anime is awesome I feel sorry for the people who read the manga. And Eren is a fucking BADASS......

Spoiler:

But it was funny to see Mikasa knock his ass out then stuff bread in his mouth.

Male Posts : 197
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:06 pm

Jayvon wrote:This anime is awesome I feel sorry for the people who read the manga. And Eren is a fucking BADASS......

Spoiler:

Don't be, I didn't suffer that much when I read the manga even if every chapter does have 40 or so pages

YouTube | Twitter | MAL
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Spoiler:
I honostly didn't expect a second titan (from now on, I'm calling the red, skinless ones that are taller than all the rest Titans, and all the smaller ones that have skin, Giants.) to appear to break through that wall. Also, why the heck would they send 250,000 people to go and die? That is just gruesome.

Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Gotta love that music, it will be more epic than Sengoku Basara (maybe)

YouTube | Twitter | MAL
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Ahh that was a nice episode.
I love Misaka at the moment.
She calm, collected and yet, has a sense of mystery around her.

Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Great 2nd episode as well. I love time skips and I can see 1 more coming for sure. I just hope they will use time skips as good as Shinsekai Yori did Smile

LunarLexal wrote:
Spoiler:
Also, why the heck would they send 250,000 people to go and die? That is just gruesome.

Spoiler:
Because there wasn't enough food, so they had to get rid of people somehow... It's all for the better good (to the higher ups)... It's harsh, but understandable... I am not sure myself If I wouldn't use such method if I was the Head of that city

Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:44 am

Spoiler:
That episode was awesome.. I love this anime so much already. I like how there was a timeskip and Eren looks alot tougher already.

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Jayvon wrote:This anime is awesome I feel sorry for the people who read the manga. And Eren is a fucking BADASS......

Spoiler:

I couldn't stop thinking this the moment I saw that scene in the anime.

Natsu Dragneel wrote:Gotta love that music, it will be more epic than Sengoku Basara (maybe)

You may or may not know this, but the music for both Sengoku Basara and this are by the same guy.

Spoiler:
The episode was fine, but two things bothered me. One was that the pacing for the first half of the episode was terribly slow. Most of the first half was just people dying over and over and elongating the titan wall crash scene more than necessary. The second half was better though. Something that confused me was the dream Eren had of his father. It seemed like he was dreaming of something a while after the titan invasion since they referenced the mother's death, but then when he woke up it seemed like they were just the day after the invasion since they were in the same clothes. For a bit I thought he was dreaming of the future or something. I looked around and it seemed that quite some time actually passed since the invasion, but they just happened to be wearing the same clothes.

According to the preview, in the next episode it seems that Eren sucks balls. This is interesting for me since it's like a microcosm of the humans' situation: the humans are powerless and weak to their surrounding with the titans, so how will the humans deal with it? The same thing is happening with Eren; he is weak, more than usual, so simple effort may not be enough, so how will he deal with it? How he deals with military training may set the pace for how the humans fight the titans or how Eren approaches any of his trials overall. Though no doubt Mikasa is going to kick ass.

Speaking of Mikasa, I'm guessing she may not actually be related to Eren. Her flashbacks to deaths seemed like they may've been flashbacks to the death of her parents. Also [gg] subbed Mikasa referencing Eren's mother as "your mother" rather than just "mother", even if I think she just said okaa-san I think. That or she killed people or she saw people die or something with her flashback. I dunno. If you read the manga, don't say anything about this. Don't even reference this paragraph.

Lastly, that thing in Eren's home basement is still bothering me. What the hell could it be? There don't seem to be any hints in the OP. It's probably related to those injections he got from his father. But if Eren isn't doing well in the military training, then the injections aren't simple steroids, and they may only have effects when with that thing in the basement. I wonder how they'll make Eren stronger. If you read the manga, again, don't say anything.

MyAnimeList
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by higurashi_conan on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:34 pm

okay i did not start watching this show yet but when i saw the op i just say that the opening song does not match the show in the slightest

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewscurrent Op:#35: "Try Again" by:Mai Kuraki,End:#44:"Hitomi no Melody"by:BOYFRIEND
Spoiler:
]
higurashi_conan
Gillian

Male Posts : 87
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:08 pm

i like the OP

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:55 pm

Kusanagi wrote:

I couldn't stop thinking this the moment I saw that scene in the anime.

I don't even know how to reply to this...

Keep in mind that I haven't read the manga and that this is all just speculation.
Kusanagi wrote:
Spoiler:
The episode was fine, but two things bothered me. One was that the pacing for the first half of the episode was terribly slow. Most of the first half was just people dying over and over and elongating the titan wall crash scene more than necessary. The second half was better though.

Spoiler:
I thought it was a little dragged out as well, but I guess it might emphasize how much that event impacted their lives and how important it's going to be in the series.

Kusanagi wrote:
Spoiler:
Something that confused me was the dream Eren had of his father. It seemed like he was dreaming of something a while after the titan invasion since they referenced the mother's death, but then when he woke up it seemed like they were just the day after the invasion since they were in the same clothes. For a bit I thought he was dreaming of the future or something. I looked around and it seemed that quite some time actually passed since the invasion, but they just happened to be wearing the same clothes.

Spoiler:
That was something that has been bothering me as well. did it actually happen, or was it just a simple dream? Another thing that bothered me about that is how did he get the key? I though his father took it with him.

Kusanagi wrote:
Spoiler:
Speaking of Mikasa, I'm guessing she may not actually be related to Eren. Her flashbacks to deaths seemed like they may've been flashbacks to the death of her parents. Also [gg] subbed Mikasa referencing Eren's mother as "your mother" rather than just "mother", even if I think she just said okaa-san I think. That or she killed people or she saw people die or something with her flashback. I dunno. If you read the manga, don't say anything about this. Don't even reference this paragraph.

Spoiler:
Well, she did say something like "This is familiar", so I'm thinking her real parents were killed by giants and she was taken in by Eren's parents. I'm not sure. Also, I don't think the mom has to be their own mother for them to say okaa-san, I think that's just the word for "mother", not "my mother'. I don't know though, I only know what I picked up from anime.

Kusanagi wrote:
Spoiler:
Lastly, that thing in Eren's home basement is still bothering me. What the hell could it be? There don't seem to be any hints in the OP. It's probably related to those injections he got from his father. But if Eren isn't doing well in the military training, then the injections aren't simple steroids, and they may only have effects when with that thing in the basement. I wonder how they'll make Eren stronger. If you read the manga, again, don't say anything.

Spoiler:
I was thinking that maybe it was that Grappling system thing that those soldiers had, but then he went and joined the army, so now I'm not so sure.

Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Spoiler:
The thing with his dad was obviously a dream. It didnt really happen. Maybe he was just scared to face his father after his mother died and he couldnt do anything about it.

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Bato wrote:
Spoiler:
The thing with his dad was obviously a dream. It didnt really happen. Maybe he was just scared to face his father after his mother died and he couldnt do anything about it.

Spoiler:
I wouldn't be so sure... Maybe that KEY on his neck, which was given by his father triggered some kind of event like seeing the future or it actually happened, maybe his father already met him and etc... everything is possible.

Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Ovyda wrote:
Bato wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I wouldn't be so sure... Maybe that KEY on his neck, which was given by his father triggered some kind of event like seeing the future or it actually happened, maybe his father already met him and etc... everything is possible.
Spoiler:

Kusanagi did say that quite a bit of time has past. So I wouldn't rule it out completely. But if they really did meet, then why isn't he with them now?
After he woke up he said "I felt like I just met dad" So maybe it really was a dream.

Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:01 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Ovyda wrote:
Bato wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Kusanagi did say that quite a bit of time has past. So I wouldn't rule it out completely. But if they really did meet, then why isn't he with them now?
After he woke up he said "I felt like I just met dad" So maybe it really was a dream.

Spoiler:
I didn't read what Kusa said... Why he is not there? Might have been sent out to that war(to get back their city), might have went on another travel... As for the "I felt like I just met dad" is very possible that he just doesn't remember that dream and somewhere deep in his mind that dream is hiding, which would cause him such feeling (do you get what I mean?)

Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatless on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:29 pm

he didnt have the key in the scene before the dream just saying

also this thread seriously looks like someone copy pasted super's and mine conversation on skype. especially what you said kusa. well except the bread thing we didnt mention that.

it seems we are all thinking similar things,

I wonder if anyone ever opens this.
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:40 pm

Hatless wrote:he didnt have the key in the scene before the dream just saying

also this thread seriously looks like someone copy pasted super's and mine conversation on skype. especially what you said kusa. well except the bread thing we didnt mention that.

it seems we are all thinking similar things,

You can always copy paste, I don't mind reading it.

Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:02 am

I wouldn't mind either. It's always nice to hear more opinions. Even if they're more or less the same.

Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:51 am

Well guys, two episodes and there is already fan-art.

Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:22 am

Spoiler:
Guys, I'm pretty sure the events of the dream actually happened. To expound on what I said before, I went to a pretty large discussion forum, and the dream was brought up. Someone who read the manga confirmed that the dream actually happened and that there was a minor time skip right before the dream to allow it to happen. It would explain why Eren had the key, even when his father clearly took it when he left right before the giants invaded. I'm not sure why the father wouldn't be there. Maybe he was doing important stuff.

MyAnimeList
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
Spoiler:
Guys, I'm pretty sure the events of the dream actually happened. To expound on what I said before, I went to a pretty large discussion forum, and the dream was brought up. Someone who read the manga confirmed that the dream actually happened and that there was a minor time skip right before the dream to allow it to happen. It would explain why Eren had the key, even when his father clearly took it when he left right before the giants invaded. I'm not sure why the father wouldn't be there. Maybe he was doing important stuff.

Good! I like to be right Very Happy

Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:10 pm

This anime is so fucking amazing. Ep.3 three had epicness,comedy, character development, love. Badassness. This is the best anime I've ever seen before. It can't get any better than this, as a matter as fact it's impossible for an anime to get better than this.

Spoiler:
But I bet it was that little douche bag that damaged his equipment, you now the one that was trying to move in on his girl? Well evil men always end up fucking themselves in the end.

EP.3 10/10

Male Posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:05 pm

Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel on Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:55 pm

This episode had a comic relief to get us ready for whats coming later on, I don't even know what will happen even if I read the manga

YouTube | Twitter | MAL
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:31 pm

I actually didn't really like this episode.
Spoiler:
To me it feels like this episode was wasted. I mean, they spent a whole freaking episode just to show him trying to stay upright. They could have had them start learning/practicing strategies and still have easily incorporated the difficulties of that grappling-system.

Last edited by LunarLexal on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adjuchas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next