Left you wanting more!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Left you wanting more!

Post by Ovyda on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:00 am

LunarLexal wrote:Here's a couple anime that could have gone longer:
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Robotics;Notes
Senyuu

Robotics;Notes??? How??? I wish they would redo it, because the idea looked good. However, they rushed everything in the end...leaving us with shitty ending. Yet, I don't think there's anything else to animate... Unless you want a typical shounen that after defeating someone, there will be someone else who will come to destroy the world...

Senyuu??? 2nd season will air during the summer, so why would you say that?

Magi will air in fall/autumn season, so again why would you say that, it's not like it ended.

But I do agree with Mondaiji-tachi... I wish they showed us more, just freaking 10 episodes was not even close to enough for me Sad

Then there's D. Gray-man... I know that we can't do anything when the author has some health issues, but still it's sad it had to stop Sad

Deadman Wonderland... pretty much similar reason to DGM. At least both them still have left some manga for me to read.

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Left you wanting more!

Post by BlurredExistence on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:11 am

Ovyda wrote:Robotics;Notes??? How??? I wish they would redo it, because the idea looked good. However, they rushed everything in the end...leaving us with shitty ending. Yet, I don't think there's anything else to animate... Unless you want a typical shounen that after defeating someone, there will be someone else who will come to destroy the world...

I do agree with this statement. The ending does feel totally rushed, probably down more to running out of episodes rather than not having the content to fill them, and, apart from that problem, the story's over so what more could you ask of it? It's not like one of those series where you could envision new extra episodes being flung in involving the cast but doing a different story, this was their story they're only to act out this play. I'd rather see another different ; anime than any more of any of the already existing ones... which the obvious exception of Steins;Gate cause that just rocked completely! Also Steins has that unique position within this universe of being it's sort of framing device, so it's far easier for them to build subsequent stories involving that cast then it would with the other two.

EDIT: Tho i've really gotta rewatch Chaos;Head again! Seriously, i think there was something important in that anime that's relevant to the other two, and the ; universe as a whole, but because of the anime's failure to grip me it just flew right past.

_________________
"Live for today, but look forward to tomorrow, and don't forget to smile."



Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
The Greatest Anime Music Playlist!... or it will be someday.
avatar
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 34
Location : South-West England.

Back to top Go down

Re: Left you wanting more!

Post by WaltM on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:04 am

plantkingman wrote:Spice and Wolf
Cat Planet Cuties
A Certain Magical Index


Yes i dont know why "Spice and Wolf" wasnt put on this list in the first place :O Would definitely love to see more of that

WaltM
Academy Student

Posts : 1
Join date : 2013-01-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Left you wanting more!

Post by BlurredExistence on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:43 am

Probably cause i haven't seen it yet.

_________________
"Live for today, but look forward to tomorrow, and don't forget to smile."



Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
The Greatest Anime Music Playlist!... or it will be someday.
avatar
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 34
Location : South-West England.

Back to top Go down

Re: Left you wanting more!

Post by LunarLexal on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Ovyda wrote:
Robotics;Notes??? How??? I wish they would redo it, because the idea looked good. However, they rushed everything in the end...leaving us with shitty ending. Yet, I don't think there's anything else to animate... Unless you want a typical shounen that after defeating someone, there will be someone else who will come to destroy the world...

Senyuu??? 2nd season will air during the summer, so why would you say that?

Magi will air in fall/autumn season, so again why would you say that, it's not like it ended.

But I do agree with Mondaiji-tachi... I wish they showed us more, just freaking 10 episodes was not even close to enough for me Sad

Then there's D. Gray-man... I know that we can't do anything when the author has some health issues, but still it's sad it had to stop Sad

Deadman Wonderland... pretty much similar reason to DGM. At least both them still have left some manga for me to read.

It's because it had a crappy ending that I want a little bit more. I'm not wanting a new whole season, just another episode to fully settle it. To me it wasn't settled because it ended when they were still going back from the fight. I just want an episode were it shows that going back to there peaceful lives.

As for Senyuu and Magi, the thread is about anime that left you wanting for more. It never said anything about the anime having to be done and over with. The first seasons of these ave left me wanting more because I found the hilarious (Senyuu) and awesome (Magi). Especially Magi because it ended with a whole bunch of things just introduced.

_________________
MyAnimeList/AnimePlanet
avatar
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 21
Location : Utah
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Left you wanting more!

Post by BlurredExistence on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:22 pm

LunarLexal wrote:It's because it had a crappy ending that I want a little bit more. I'm not wanting a new whole season, just another episode to fully settle it. To me it wasn't settled because it ended when they were still going back from the fight. I just want an episode were it shows that going back to there peaceful lives.

Actually that sounds very reasonable, if they had just given it one or two episodes more then i reckon it would have had a far more satisfying end. What's with it's 22 episode length anyway?!

As for Senyuu and Magi, the thread is about anime that left you wanting for more. It never said anything about the anime having to be done and over with. The first seasons of these ave left me wanting more because I found the hilarious (Senyuu) and awesome (Magi). Especially Magi because it ended with a whole bunch of things just introduced.

Sorry man but to be fair to Ovyda i did stipulate that condition in the original post:

These are animes that are finished but left you either wanting so much more or that they had continued for just a bit longer! (BTW: These are different from animes, such as Claymore, that NEED a second series cause they're clearly unfinished.)

Purely because without restriction we could basically list off every single anime we've enjoyed.

_________________
"Live for today, but look forward to tomorrow, and don't forget to smile."



Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
The Greatest Anime Music Playlist!... or it will be someday.
avatar
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 34
Location : South-West England.

Back to top Go down

Re: Left you wanting more!

Post by LunarLexal on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 pm

BlurredExistence wrote:
Actually that sounds very reasonable, if they had just given it one or two episodes more then i reckon it would have had a far more satisfying end. What's with it's 22 episode length anyway?!

Sorry man but to be fair to Ovyda i did stipulate that condition in the original post:

These are animes that are finished but left you either wanting so much more or that they had continued for just a bit longer! (BTW: These are different from animes, such as Claymore, that NEED a second series cause they're clearly unfinished.)

Purely because without restriction we could basically list off every single anime we've enjoyed.

I know right? I've never heard of a 22 episode anime before! Usually they're 23 - 26 episodes long.

oh, that's my fault then, I'm sorry.

_________________
MyAnimeList/AnimePlanet
avatar
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 21
Location : Utah
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Left you wanting more!

Post by BlurredExistence on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:55 pm

LunarLexal wrote:I know right? I've never heard of a 22 episode anime before! Usually they're 23 - 26 episodes long.

I've actually watched a few with that number of episodes: Guilty Crown, Hyouka, Michiko & Hatchin, and Red Garden they're all 22 episodes long but you don't notice that it's an odd number because they each feel properly finished... well aside from Hyouka which feels like it could go into a second series if it wanted too, but it certainly doesn't feel rushed at the end.

oh, that's my fault then, I'm sorry.

No worries man, maybe you can start the "Animes that NEED to be finished, or at least just give us a better ending!" thread? Wink

_________________
"Live for today, but look forward to tomorrow, and don't forget to smile."



Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
The Greatest Anime Music Playlist!... or it will be someday.
avatar
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 34
Location : South-West England.

Back to top Go down

Re: Left you wanting more!

Post by crimson on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Spice and wolf was one that i just can't get over. They could at least add some OVA's to the series (that is actually about the story) to help out a little. I just can't stand when shows leave you wondering what happened next.
avatar
crimson
Academy Student

Male Posts : 10
Join date : 2013-04-29
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: Left you wanting more!

Post by BlurredExistence on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:31 pm

crimson wrote:Spice and wolf was one that i just can't get over. They could at least add some OVA's to the series (that is actually about the story) to help out a little. I just can't stand when shows leave you wondering what happened next.

The Japanese do love that tho. They like ambiguous endings so they can theorise and contemplate over what happens next themselves... something that's pretty abhorrent to us westerners hand guided thru everything the way we are.

That may be why there are so many unfinished animes out there, the Japanese just accept them and make up their own endings for them and move onto the next anime that catches their interest. This allows them to be more experimental and the whole media to be vast and varied. If it was over here those animes would no doubt get rushed endings that would completely ruin the whole experience and the majority of animes released would be exactly the same to one another.

_________________
"Live for today, but look forward to tomorrow, and don't forget to smile."



Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
The Greatest Anime Music Playlist!... or it will be someday.
avatar
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 34
Location : South-West England.

Back to top Go down

Re: Left you wanting more!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum