The Next Xbox Will Require an Internet Connection To Start Games, Sources Say

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Next Xbox Will Require an Internet Connection To Start Games, Sources Say

Post by Metazoxan on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Shadow_Links wrote:A while back Nvidia bragged that their Geforce Titan chip was 3x faster than the PS4 processor, and on the same graph they showed the Xbox 720 being even slower than the PS4.

There have been a number of Dev kit leaks, but no announcements directly from microsoft.

Spoiler:

The Eeveelution army is all powerful!!! Join us or die!!!

Well good if new competition comes into the market then Microsoft will have an even harder time Keeping a DRMed Xbox afloat. Even hard core fans aren't stupid. Plenty of them will leave if good enough competition pops up.

I am the president of the Manga club
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The Next Xbox Will Require an Internet Connection To Start Games, Sources Say

Post by Tsuyushi on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Irrelevant news to me as I've always viewed the people of Microsoft as morons.

My Anime List ^_^ ----> http://myanimelist.net/profile/TsuyuChan
Tsuyushi
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 175
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:15 pm

ok, new theory, say they put this limitation on, but new games are...40$? as opposed to 60 (and increasing)

| Anime-Planet | Youtube | osu! |
sex on the beach:
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:17 pm

also, say microsoft goes through with it, this will probally be thier reaction

sex on the beach:
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Unless MS literally puts a hotspot in the case, its gonna be a deal breaker. But what if they did....

The Eeveelution army is all powerful!!! Join us or die!!!

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:23 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if microsoft pulled this off. People will just adapt too it and there's going to be people who move to ps4. It's just how it's going to be, just look at how low activision has destroyed diablo 3. I was really disappointed with the game, diablo 2 kept me going for so many years and diablo 3 was just a huge bust but people still play regardless.

I think with the community xbox live has, it might become passable to do considering so many people have access to xbox live and they're taking the risk of more live members then non live members.

Last edited by Imagination on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lab Member

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by The7thSeal on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:31 pm

One thing I'm going to say, if the new Xbox is always online, they had better make Live free.

Male Posts : 96
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:32 pm

Don't assume everyone keeps up with industry news like we do. I bet you could ask at least 50% of regular Xbox gamers about the potential always online DRM in the next system and they wouldn't even know about it. They're not going to switch to the PS4.

MAL Profile | YouTube Channel | Blog
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:37 pm

Xbox will never go free imo, they make the most money from xbox live gold memberships lol. I remember calling xbox to cancel my monthly subscription for gold after a month and they were asking why and I just told them I couldn't afford it so they said we'll give you 2 years for $35 if I renewed at the very moment. It's a no brainer for anyone to take that deal (obviously i took it) considering how much a 1yr subscription is. They make so much money and in return you get quality service and early release content before pc and ps3 so they're not going to make live free imo.

Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:52 pm

My guess is the way it will work is that you will require a connection for single player content, but you won't need Gold membership for that. You would still however need to pay for Gold to get multiplayer access like always.

MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:42 pm

If this always requires internet connection rumor turns out to be true and the rumored price tag of $500 with a lesser one costing 300 turns out to be true then i may have to go with the ps4

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Possibly, since there used to be a membership that allowed live access with multilayer and such but no dlc and like extra app content like netflix, facebook, etc., it just allowed multiplayer and live chat. Idk if they got rid of that or what not because I don't see those cards being sold or an option for it on xbox live, it just shows gold membership and how many months/years you want to do the purchase for.

Wampa wrote:If this always requires internet connection rumor turns out to be true and the rumored price tag of $500 with a lesser one costing 300 turns out to be true then i may have to go with the ps4

The only issue with me purchasing a ps4 is I hate the fact their servers are just crap. I know it's free and all but the interface for xbox is just much better and there aren't any server issues along with the early dlc releases. If sony's servers were just as great as microsoft's I would switch in a heart beat because the xbox community is so trash tbh.

Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 pm

"Dear Microsoft,

We at EA would like to extend our gratitude for diverting all attention of DRM failure onto yourselves. Thank you and good luck!

Signed, EA"
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Imagination on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:15 pm

EA actually plans to re-release simcity because it got recalled at my work (I work at bestbuy) and on the list of the release date for games it shows simcity releasing again (again work stuff so i'm not 100% sure). I'm guessing they're going to release a copy of the game without required internet connection this time.

Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Imagination wrote:EA actually plans to re-release simcity because it got recalled at my work (I work at bestbuy) and on the list of the release date for games it shows simcity releasing again (again work stuff so i'm not 100% sure). I'm guessing they're going to release a copy of the game without required internet connection this time.

alot of retailers (amazon included) took the item off the shelves when it was found the game didnt work at all, its weird but maybe its just a re-relase of the game, now that it works?

sex on the beach:
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafiacow on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:23 am

If Microsoft do end up doing this, they're gonna lose a whole bunch of people (like me) who don't have the internet stability or allowance to keep up.

^Don't take this as my total time. I have a childhood of Cheez TV that I have no way of tracking.
Mafiacow
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by vladiris on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:40 am

Some kind of new piracy protection ? Smile
vladiris
Lab Member

Male Posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:48 am

vladiris wrote:Some kind of new piracy protection ? Smile
It's to combat used games because developers/publishers receive none of the profits from resales.

MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

MiniSiets wrote:
vladiris wrote:Some kind of new piracy protection ? Smile
It's to combat used games because developers/publishers receive none of the profits from resales.

I never understood the justification of why all these companies are trying to stop used games sales. They already sold the game once and made their profit didn't they? Who cares what happens to it afterwards. I can understand making an illegal copy on a computer, I can understand online games, but for all the other games they should stay out.

Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by The7thSeal on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 am

What I find annoying is that a crap tonne of people are saying that always online is confirmed, and that it is going to happen. Microsoft have said nothing on the subject, so how is it confirmed?

Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcmac on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:08 pm

MiniSiets wrote:Don't assume everyone keeps up with industry news like we do. I bet you could ask at least 50% of regular Xbox gamers about the potential always online DRM in the next system and they wouldn't even know about it. They're not going to switch to the PS4.

True, but word spreads fast. Everyone knew of the Red Ring of Death in the day. Once problems arise with an online only system, people will find out. Plus, people that don't keep up with gaming tend to be slower to buy a console. The Wii U is the case in point. Sad
Dcmac
Gillian

Male Posts : 74
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by gavvatar on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:39 am

Spoiler:

I know something the discussion has already steered away from this a bit, but it still seemed relevant

gavvatar
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 am

^

lololololol

sex on the beach:
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:33 am

Spent most of my life playing games w/o an internet connection and I don't plan on changing it.

PS4 is looking pretty sweet anyways, before this issue even comes to mind. Are they ever going to have that april unveil that was talked about?

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by The7thSeal on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:03 am

Shadow_Links wrote:Spent most of my life playing games w/o an internet connection and I don't plan on changing it.

PS4 is looking pretty sweet anyways, before this issue even comes to mind. Are they ever going to have that april unveil that was talked about?

I do the same thing. Yes, I have XBL, but I only use that for Halo really. I enjoy just playing through a game without any annoying little notifications popping up.
Also, that unveil is either happening later this month, or early May.

Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum