To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Natsu Dragneel on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Hello people, here you can talk about the anime/manga series To Love-Ru and it's sequel To Love-Ru Darkness.

Remember to keep everything in spoiler if someone hasn't seen the anime or read the manga

_________________
"So you're gonna end this by dying, huh? Stop running away!" Natsu Dragneel


YouTube | Twitter | MAL
avatar
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 22
Location : Tijuana
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Blazer on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:42 pm

I need to read the manga for this..and watch darkness...I think I have 4 of the BD for darkness ;D gotta get dat uncensored.

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Metazoxan on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:37 am

Blazer wrote:I need to read the manga for this..and watch darkness...I think I have 4 of the BD for darkness ;D gotta get dat uncensored.

I'm waiting for darkness to be uncensored before watching it. But I have read the manga. I like how in darkness the focus is shifted off of Lala and is more on Yami and other characters (but mostly Yami). Lala was nice but with a cast this big it is good to give the other characters some real development instead of just using them to fill in Lala and Rito's background.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Valvatorez on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Needs more Lala love.

_________________


http://myanimelist.net/profile/KarmaDelta

---------------------------------------

Spoiler:

avatar
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 20
Location : Hades, Underworld
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Metazoxan on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:55 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
Needs more Lala love.

Yeah while I like that the main focus has gone to more of the rest of the cast it does feel like she has been pushed a little too far away from the spot light. I can't remember a single chapter in darkness where she does more than make a quick appearance and then the story moves and and even that is fairly rare.

Focusing on one character too much is bad but they are doing the opposite with lala now and not giving her enough. But I guess since the main driving force of the plot in darkness is the "harem plan" then there is no need to focus on lala who is not only open about how much she loves Rito but open to the idea of a harem.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Valvatorez on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:18 pm

I honestly dislike the whole premise of the harem plan, and I hate Momo with a burning passion.

_________________


http://myanimelist.net/profile/KarmaDelta

---------------------------------------

Spoiler:

avatar
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 20
Location : Hades, Underworld
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Metazoxan on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
I honestly dislike the whole premise of the harem plan, and I hate Momo with a burning passion.

I like it for being the one harem manga to actually try for a real harem. I mean most are labled harem but is really just a couple with a bunch of other chicks gettings in the way (R+V) or is one guy who can never just pick which one he likes and lets them continue to fight over him. It may be implied he intends to pick only one eventually but the story never covers it. Either way it isn't a true harem and this is a welcome change of pace for me. I don't exactly like polygamy in reality but this is manga and when the series is labled harem it is nice to have one that actually has a harem every once in a while.

Spoiler:
Besides it's not like the point of the harem is "Rito really can't pick among them" the only conflict he has is his long standing love for Haruna and his growing feelings for lala. The reason Momo gives for it is so that all the girls who love him will be happy and hey if you say it like that it does kinda make sense especially if you consider marrying Lala would make him a king and many kings had harems. So you gotta give the writer credit for actually writing in a decent reason for the harem and not just "Lets have a bunch of girls throw themselves at Rito's feet regardless of what their personalities are". Another thing I like is the girl who are falling for him. They are doing so because he is being genuinely kind, supportive, and helpful. He actually acts dependable when the situation really calls for it and they aren't just falling head over heals for him instantly (well most of them aren't).

One of the things that sometimes annoys me is harem series is where the guy has to save the girl just one time and suddenly she is just head over heals for him regardless of how she thought of him before. For example is I.S. the Blond chick clearly doesn't like him and thinks she is better than him yet he saves her that one time and suddenly it's like she can't live without him. Same with the white haired girl. If you are going to give a guy a harem give him qualities that the girls can actually fall for and give them a decent reason to fall for him. Just having him save the day and be their "prince" is such a cheap way to add another girl to the "harem". So just the fact that Darkness doesn't do this is another plus for me.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Natsu Dragneel on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:21 pm

The anime To Love-Ru Darkness will be released un censored by the end of May, there's already 8 episodes released

_________________
"So you're gonna end this by dying, huh? Stop running away!" Natsu Dragneel


YouTube | Twitter | MAL
avatar
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 22
Location : Tijuana
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Metazoxan on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Natsu Dragneel wrote:The anime To Love-Ru Darkness will be released un censored by the end of May, there's already 8 episodes released

Well then I know what I'm watching in may. Wink

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Valvatorez on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:56 pm

I understand your points, and I do agree with your point on how this feels a whole lot better than other harems, even if this protag is an idiot in one way or another. I just dont like Momo, simply because she is so nosy and simply because she is Momo.

_________________


http://myanimelist.net/profile/KarmaDelta

---------------------------------------

Spoiler:

avatar
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 20
Location : Hades, Underworld
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Imagination on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Anyone know if there's going to be a 2nd season for to-love-ru darkness? I only heard of an ova coming out sometime this month I believe? Any confirmation on a 2nd season though or was that just a rumor?

_________________
:Latest Creation:
avatar
Imagination
Lab Member

Male Posts : 66
Join date : 2013-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Metazoxan on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
I understand your points, and I do agree with your point on how this feels a whole lot better than other harems, even if this protag is an idiot in one way or another. I just dont like Momo, simply because she is so nosy and simply because she is Momo.

Fair enough. She is rather manipulative and her character could simply not be your type. So if Momo is your most hated who is your favorite character out of Rito's harem? I like Yami although that might partly be just because I think the ability to freely transform your body like that is awesome.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Natsu Dragneel on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:14 pm

IMO, I actually like (besides Lala) is Yui Kotegawa, I don't know why though

_________________
"So you're gonna end this by dying, huh? Stop running away!" Natsu Dragneel


YouTube | Twitter | MAL
avatar
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 22
Location : Tijuana
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: To Love-Ru Discussion Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum