The New Release Club

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Natsu Dragneel on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:03 pm

I already know what I'll nominate

_________________
"So you're gonna end this by dying, huh? Stop running away!" Natsu Dragneel


YouTube | Twitter | MAL
avatar
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 22
Location : Tijuana
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by LunarLexal on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:GOOD, because fuck harems man.

Jeez, so much mecha anime out this season.

Well I'd go for Girls Und Panzer, or RDG: Red Data Girl
I second Red data Girl

_________________
MyAnimeList/AnimePlanet
avatar
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 20
Location : Utah
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Supernatural Knight on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:30 am

Ovyda wrote:I think it's time for nominations on what we are going to watch during Spring season.

Chart
Spoiler:


Really, you don't think it is a bit early for this seasons anime to be selected? Most if not all of these begin airing next month [as usual for each season] and I like to try and get voting out of the way in like 1-2 weeks, so pehaps we hold off on this for a bit longer guys. You never know we might be on the next site by then.

Anyway since it did get some interest I guess I'll answer the other posts.

MacMeaties wrote:Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride is definitely my nomination. Sorry it just has to be done.
They are right, stated as a rule that no 2nd seasons or continuations will be acceptable to be an activity. so samuarai girls is off limits. This is why Highschool dxd 2nd seasons will be a collaboration between this club and the anime cafe.

Bato wrote:Mine would be Shingeki no Kyojin
Oh you don't have to worry about nominating that, I'm going to open a thread later and when I do this is what I'm nominating so you can choose something else [ah the perks of being the leader of a club]. The thing you have to worry about is getting more people to vote for it once the poll opens.

Sir Maddy wrote:GOOD, because fuck harems man.

Jeez, so much mecha anime out this season.

Well I'd go for Girls Und Panzer, or RDG: Red Data Girl
I agree with you Maddy, but my hating it has nothing to do with it not being allowed since it is a continuation.
But Girls Und Panzer is out also, it is the continuation of the show due to whatever the hell kinds of problems they encountered during its run. It is the final 2 eps, and that isn't worthy to have its own activity dedicated to it. Just as well since I also hate this anime, such a stupid anime since it is about tank battles yet they waste an ep looking for more tanks to only show them defeat their next enemy in 2 seconds before the end of that ep, end hate mode for crap useless "moe" character designed piece of shit which its focus is supposed to be on tanks.
Okay now I'm done. RDG will be acceptable though, just once the thread opens, also remember it is first nominated so keep an eye out.

_________________
MAL
"The government has a way of hating people who own things." "The government is a troll. I can sense it."
"Nothing else is as boring to tell as a story of successful love"
avatar
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 23
Location : the future
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Blazer on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:23 am

They are right, stated as a rule that no 2nd seasons or continuations will be acceptable to be an activity. so samuarai girls is off limits. This is why Highschool dxd 2nd seasons will be a collaboration between this club and the anime cafe.


But Girls Und Panzer is out also, it is the continuation of the show due to whatever the hell kinds of problems they encountered during its run. It is the final 2 eps, and that isn't worthy to have its own activity dedicated to it. Just as well since I also hate this anime, such a stupid anime


<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ptFhhz5Lrqk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Sir Maddy on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:45 am

Blazer wrote:
But Girls Und Panzer is out also, it is the continuation of the show due to whatever the hell kinds of problems they encountered during its run. It is the final 2 eps, and that isn't worthy to have its own activity dedicated to it. Just as well since I also hate this anime, such a stupid anime


<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ptFhhz5Lrqk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey, don't judge him.
He hates moe stuff.
And this anime can get really stupid at points.
It's an anime you're supposed to shut up, sit back, and enjoy the tanks.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Bato on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:34 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:
Bato wrote:Mine would be Shingeki no Kyojin
Oh you don't have to worry about nominating that, I'm going to open a thread later and when I do this is what I'm nominating so you can choose something else [ah the perks of being the leader of a club]. The thing you have to worry about is getting more people to vote for it once the poll opens.

Ok. Then ill probably go with Devil Survivor 2

_________________


MyAnimeList
avatar
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 26
Location : Holland
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Sir Maddy on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:36 am

Oh my god guys..

There's an Anime film being released called Aura.

Just read this bit..

Seiji Kishi (Persona 4, Angel Beats!, My Bride is a Mermaid/Seto no Hanayome) is directing the anime at AIC ASTA. Makoto Uezu (School Days, Is This a Zombie?, My Bride is a Mermaid) is collaborating on the story composition with scriptwriter Jun Kumagai (Persona 4 The Animation episodes). Kazuaki Morita (Carnival Phantasm, Kamisama Dolls, My Bride is a Mermaid) is adapting the original novel illustrations by mebae (C – Control – The Money and Soul of Possibility).

>School Days
>My Bride is a Mermaid

2 major red flags.
We are not touching this film.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Supernatural Knight on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:51 am

Thanks for the back up Maddy.


@Blazer, you're 1000 years to early to challenge my position of leadership for this club, there are few people that I'll listen to about what to do with this club and even fewer that I'd actually give leadership to so yeah I think I'm keeping my position regardless. [I felt I had to use the classic anime exaggeration]

They aren't acceptable due to the rules stated in the first post which have been there since the club was made, it isn't like I made them up on the spot to purposefully shoot down anime I don't like the sound of. Also I much prefer the AMV you posted before, but the above vid is just dissatisfying since it is only a snippet which no effort even went into making. So keep the posts somewhat relevant from now on, perhaps explain why they aren't that bad but not post random vids with nothing to do with the topic.

@Bato I was hoping you'd say that, why don't we talk more?

@Maddy I know it sounds kind of interesting going from its bio, so I was prepared to give it a chance but after reading it has to do with the people that made School Days I'm not so sure anymore.
Anyway it bio on case you were curious
Sato Ichiro once called himself 'Maryuin Koga' and behaved as if he were a hero in a fantasy world. His strange behavior caused his classmates to bully him and he left the school.

At his new school, he tries to behave like a normal boy, but one day he meets a girl who cosplays with a blue cape. She calls herself "a researcher traveling from the outer world to search for the 'Dragon Terminal'". At first, Ichiro rejects the girl, Sato Ryoko, because her behavior reminds him of his embarrassing past, but he changes his mind after seeing her getting bullied.

In order to bring Ryoko back to real life, Ichiro accepts her and his past and begins the final battle as Maryuin Koga.

_________________
MAL
"The government has a way of hating people who own things." "The government is a troll. I can sense it."
"Nothing else is as boring to tell as a story of successful love"
avatar
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 23
Location : the future
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Sir Maddy on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:55 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:
Sato Ichiro once called himself 'Maryuin Koga' and behaved as if he were a hero in a fantasy world. His strange behavior caused his classmates to bully him and he left the school.

At his new school, he tries to behave like a normal boy, but one day he meets a girl who cosplays with a blue cape. She calls herself "a researcher traveling from the outer world to search for the 'Dragon Terminal'". At first, Ichiro rejects the girl, Sato Ryoko, because her behavior reminds him of his embarrassing past, but he changes his mind after seeing her getting bullied.

In order to bring Ryoko back to real life, Ichiro accepts her and his past and begins the final battle as Maryuin Koga.

You know.
This movie sounds EXACTLY like Chuunibyou.

I still won't be touching this film though.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Supernatural Knight on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:11 am

You know thats what I was thinking only judging from the pic the character designs aren't going to be moe, judge for yourself


Perhaps we'll get something darker with this one, but then again considering its known genres are only comedy/romance/school I don't exactly have to great of expectations for it.

So I'm not sure whether or not I'll check it out, but worrying is useless since even after it aires [in april] we will still have to wait months for a raw to even appear.

_________________
MAL
"The government has a way of hating people who own things." "The government is a troll. I can sense it."
"Nothing else is as boring to tell as a story of successful love"
avatar
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 23
Location : the future
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Bato on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:04 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:@Bato I was hoping you'd say that, why don't we talk more?

haha our interests do seem somewhat similiar Razz

_________________


MyAnimeList
avatar
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 26
Location : Holland
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Ovyda on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:19 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:
Ovyda wrote:I think it's time for nominations on what we are going to watch during Spring season.

Chart
Spoiler:


Really, you don't think it is a bit early for this seasons anime to be selected? Most if not all of these begin airing next month [as usual for each season] and I like to try and get voting out of the way in like 1-2 weeks, so pehaps we hold off on this for a bit longer guys. You never know we might be on the next site by then.


I do not think it's too early. But the problem is that you need to think of a good voting way as here we can't see who vote for what and some people might do it wrong. Maybe after voting on the poll we should also write it on the forum or something like that?

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Blazer on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:11 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:Thanks for the back up Maddy.


@Blazer, you're 1000 years to early to challenge my position of leadership for this club, there are few people that I'll listen to about what to do with this club and even fewer that I'd actually give leadership to so yeah I think I'm keeping my position regardless. [I felt I had to use the classic anime exaggeration]

They aren't acceptable due to the rules stated in the first post which have been there since the club was made, it isn't like I made them up on the spot to purposefully shoot down anime I don't like the sound of. Also I much prefer the AMV you posted before, but the above vid is just dissatisfying since it is only a snippet which no effort even went into making. So keep the posts somewhat relevant from now on, perhaps explain why they aren't that bad but not post random vids with nothing to do with the topic.

@Bato I was hoping you'd say that, why don't we talk more?

@Maddy I know it sounds kind of interesting going from its bio, so I was prepared to give it a chance but after reading it has to do with the people that made School Days I'm not so sure anymore.
Anyway it bio on case you were curious
Sato Ichiro once called himself 'Maryuin Koga' and behaved as if he were a hero in a fantasy world. His strange behavior caused his classmates to bully him and he left the school.

At his new school, he tries to behave like a normal boy, but one day he meets a girl who cosplays with a blue cape. She calls herself "a researcher traveling from the outer world to search for the 'Dragon Terminal'". At first, Ichiro rejects the girl, Sato Ryoko, because her behavior reminds him of his embarrassing past, but he changes his mind after seeing her getting bullied.

In order to bring Ryoko back to real life, Ichiro accepts her and his past and begins the final battle as Maryuin Koga.

@maddy: yeah I know. I'm not really judging him or anything. I still don't think it's stupid though Razz

@SK: I did like the 1000yrs too early bit. It was a really nice tough. I will say what lacked in your performance was that you were too serious. That caused a devaluation in your performance imo. It feels like the message's purpose and intentions were misunderstood. I am not after your position (but I am a Sith Lord). Also, I have no idea what AMV you are talking about lol.

So this is my response to your post SK:
Spoiler:

On the serious note: RG doesn't sound too bad, gotta look up Aura though.

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Natsuru-san on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:05 am

I wasn't here when nominations were being done so I know nothing about how their done here. So if someone can explain it to me then I thank you ahead of time.

Sir Maddy wrote:Oh my god guys..

There's an Anime film being released called Aura.

Just read this bit..

Seiji Kishi (Persona 4, Angel Beats!, My Bride is a Mermaid/Seto no Hanayome) is directing the anime at AIC ASTA. Makoto Uezu (School Days, Is This a Zombie?, My Bride is a Mermaid) is collaborating on the story composition with scriptwriter Jun Kumagai (Persona 4 The Animation episodes). Kazuaki Morita (Carnival Phantasm, Kamisama Dolls, My Bride is a Mermaid) is adapting the original novel illustrations by mebae (C – Control – The Money and Soul of Possibility).

>School Days
>My Bride is a Mermaid

2 major red flags.
We are not touching this film.

What's so bad about those two animes you named? o_O Also but you missed the bit about C Control and that was a pretty good anime imo and I hope they do a 2nd season someday. (The sooner the better imo)

_________________
Thank you Crazy for my sweet rank. :)
avatar
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : Kampfer and JDR
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Sir Maddy on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:40 am

Both are bad anime in their respectable fields.
School Days is a bad harem.
While My Bride is a Mermaid is a bad comedy.

Now, if it turns out Higurashi is an anime series. (Which I highly doubt it will be)
I'm nominating that, no exceptions.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Supernatural Knight on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:55 am

Ovyda wrote:
I do not think it's too early. But the problem is that you need to think of a good voting way as here we can't see who vote for what and some people might do it wrong. Maybe after voting on the poll we should also write it on the forum or something like that?

Yeah I was already concerned about that and began thinking that would have to be the way to go. Anyway the reason I think it is too early to open this yet is because there are still anime that are said to be released next season that have only recently been announced. I think this can still continue for a bit longer yet, eg this one which was announced yesterday.

Blazer wrote:
@SK: I did like the 1000yrs too early bit. It was a really nice tough. I will say what lacked in your performance was that you were too serious. That caused a devaluation in your performance imo. It feels like the message's purpose and intentions were misunderstood. I am not after your position (but I am a Sith Lord). Also, I have no idea what AMV you are talking about lol.

Damn, I thought I got the combination correct there, oh well better luck next time. I originally had "It's not like I made the rules" as part of that but decided against using it. I also thought about something along the lines of the rules being passed down as a tradition since ancient times but I figured that would of been overkill. So I thought I did well, but I guess there is always the next time.
Oh you don't remember the AMV you posted? It was the Goin Down Anime Heroine one that included HOTD, Black Lagoon, Canaan and Blood something I assume.

Natsuru-san wrote:I wasn't here when nominations were being done so I know nothing about how their done here. So if someone can explain it to me then I thank you ahead of time.

Thats simple Natsuru, you see I'll open a nomination thread sometime in the future [which most likely will be the final week of March] and then the first 6 nominations sent in will be accepted, well it is more like the first 5 since I nominate something too so yeah.
Then the thread is altered to have a poll included and everyone votes for 2 series [there may be more depending on how polls do work here as they aren't as good as the ones from the first forum]


@Maddy, if it is a series I am afraid that I still can't allow it as it is a continuation, but I can guarantee that I'd discuss it with you in the Higurashi thread with whoever else watches it.

_________________
MAL
"The government has a way of hating people who own things." "The government is a troll. I can sense it."
"Nothing else is as boring to tell as a story of successful love"
avatar
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 23
Location : the future
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Ovyda on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:29 am

Sure, as long as you don't forget it Rolling Eyes

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Supernatural Knight on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:37 am

Please, do you really think I could forget something about my own club? The only way I won't do this is if I'm physically not able to, since you never know what the future may hold.
I would say a better use of time would be to think of which series to nominate, or trying to figure out ways to convince others to vote for it.

_________________
MAL
"The government has a way of hating people who own things." "The government is a troll. I can sense it."
"Nothing else is as boring to tell as a story of successful love"
avatar
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 23
Location : the future
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Ovyda on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:50 am

I am just eager to start new season Rolling Eyes

P.S. Sorry for not replying to you on MAL, a bit busy, but I will do it later.

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Blazer on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 am

Damn, I thought I got the combination correct there, oh well better luck next time. I originally had "It's not like I made the rules" as part of that but decided against using it. I also thought about something along the lines of the rules being passed down as a tradition since ancient times but I figured that would of been overkill. So I thought I did well, but I guess there is always the next time.
Oh you don't remember the AMV you posted? It was the Goin Down Anime Heroine one that included HOTD, Black Lagoon, Canaan and Blood something I assume.

I'm not saying it was bad, it was good combination. The ancient rules might've been a nice touch ;D but I do need to work on my own performance as well. Still love the 1000yrs too early.

For the heroine AMV, I vaguely remember something like that...

I'll try and see if I can find a new series to nominate as well ^.^ not sure if I'll have time soon or not, but i'll try to keep it in mind.

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Sir Maddy on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:33 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:
@Maddy, if it is a series I am afraid that I still can't allow it as it is a continuation, but I can guarantee that I'd discuss it with you in the Higurashi thread with whoever else watches it.



I am saddened.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by higurashi_conan on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:15 pm

can anyone tell me what anime we have been watching i feel like getting caught up now b4 the season ends

_________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewscurrent Op:#35: "Try Again" by:Mai Kuraki,End:#44:"Hitomi no Melody"by:BOYFRIEND
Spoiler:
]
avatar
higurashi_conan
Gillian

Male Posts : 87
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 19
Location : shadows
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Ovyda on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:53 pm

higurashi_conan wrote:can anyone tell me what anime we have been watching i feel like getting caught up now b4 the season ends

There's quite a lot of them... We have two official activities - Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru.

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Natsuru-san on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:06 am

Thanks Knight. Smile

_________________
Thank you Crazy for my sweet rank. :)
avatar
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : Kampfer and JDR
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Natsu Dragneel on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:44 pm

Hey, Isn't it about time to nominate the Spring season's anime?

_________________
"So you're gonna end this by dying, huh? Stop running away!" Natsu Dragneel


YouTube | Twitter | MAL
avatar
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 22
Location : Tijuana
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The New Release Club

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum