Magi Anime Gets Sequel This Fall

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magi Anime Gets Sequel This Fall

Post by Sir Maddy on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:54 am



The final episode of the Magi television anime series ended with an announcement that a sequel has been green-lit for this fall. The setting of the sequel will be Magnostadt.

Source: ANN

This will be updated as more news comes.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Magi Anime Gets Sequel This Fall

Post by Bato on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:02 am

Cool. Although im not too fond on this anime for quite some weeks now, i will watch it.

_________________


MyAnimeList
avatar
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 26
Location : Holland
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Magi Anime Gets Sequel This Fall

Post by Metazoxan on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:14 am

It was obvious this was comming. Both the anime and manga are fairly popular so they weren't going to end it now. But with how much the first season covered the second season should pretty much catch up to the manga. So unless they take their time a little more this season we won't be getting a third season any time soon.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Magi Anime Gets Sequel This Fall

Post by Kusanagi on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Metazoxan wrote:It was obvious this was comming. Both the anime and manga are fairly popular so they weren't going to end it now. But with how much the first season covered the second season should pretty much catch up to the manga. So unless they take their time a little more this season we won't be getting a third season any time soon.

The anime won't air until fall, two seasons from now, and then the manga can make a bit of progress during the time the anime is airing. So the manga can make some good progress. But the manga has been a bit slow paced recently, so if it keeps that up then the anime will probably catch up easily.

Let's hope they can finish animating the series this time.

_________________
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

MyAnimeList
avatar
Kusanagi
Moderator
Moderator

Male Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-19
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Magi Anime Gets Sequel This Fall

Post by Ovyda on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Yeah, it was quite obvious.

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Magi Anime Gets Sequel This Fall

Post by Sporadic on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:14 pm

Jumping on the "obvious" bandwagon.

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Magi Anime Gets Sequel This Fall

Post by Metazoxan on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:It was obvious this was comming. Both the anime and manga are fairly popular so they weren't going to end it now. But with how much the first season covered the second season should pretty much catch up to the manga. So unless they take their time a little more this season we won't be getting a third season any time soon.

The anime won't air until fall, two seasons from now, and then the manga can make a bit of progress during the time the anime is airing. So the manga can make some good progress. But the manga has been a bit slow paced recently, so if it keeps that up then the anime will probably catch up easily.

Let's hope they can finish animating the series this time.

Exactly the anime may be two seasons from now but the manga only releases a new chapter about once a month. Given where the manga currently is and the rate at which it is progressing it will only have enough time to maybe get through it's current arc at best and that is assuming there are no big plot twists left to keep the arc from wrapping up. There should be enough material already for at least one more season of equal length to the last one but that is about it.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Magi Anime Gets Sequel This Fall

Post by Kusanagi on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:41 pm

Metazoxan wrote:but the manga only releases a new chapter about once a month.

The manga is weekly. It's in the same magazine as Kaminomi, Hayate, Silver Spoon, and Conan.

_________________
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

MyAnimeList
avatar
Kusanagi
Moderator
Moderator

Male Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-19
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Magi Anime Gets Sequel This Fall

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum