~5cm Per Second~

View previous topic View next topic Go down

~5cm Per Second~

Post by Sniper_b8 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:18 pm



Really? This isn't a post here yet? Well then, allow me to facilitate-

I really enjoyed this anime film, and I will elaborate exactly what I liked about after some discussion and opinions and such.

Here are some questions to get thinks started:

So, what did you think about it?
What did you like about it?
What did you NOT like about it?
All the Feels, some of the Fells, or no Feels?
Did you like the characters? Who was your favorite? Least favorite?
How did you think about the art, animation, etc.?
Would you have changed anything in the plot?
How did you feel about the ending? (SPOILERS!)

_________________

"May you not chase the events of time's past, nor vex over the future and what it may hold." - Fleda Claes Johansson
avatar
Sniper_b8
Academy Student

Male Posts : 29
Join date : 2013-03-08
Age : 26
Location : Southern California

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Blazer on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:24 pm

So, what did you think about it? Hated it.
What did you like about it? The first story.
What did you NOT like about it? The rest of the story.
All the Feels, some of the Fells, or no Feels? Lots of feels.
Did you like the characters? Who was your favorite? Least favorite? Yes. The Main Characters. N/A.
How did you think about the art, animation, etc.? Great. I loved the scenery.
Would you have changed anything in the plot? Yes.
How did you feel about the ending? (SPOILERS!) Hated it.

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Noobs on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:31 am

Blazer wrote:So, what did you think about it? Hated it.
What did you like about it? The first story.
What did you NOT like about it? The rest of the story.
All the Feels, some of the Fells, or no Feels? Lots of feels.
Did you like the characters? Who was your favorite? Least favorite? Yes. The Main Characters. N/A.
How did you think about the art, animation, etc.? Great. I loved the scenery.
Would you have changed anything in the plot? Yes.
How did you feel about the ending? (SPOILERS!) Hated it.

if you are Supernatural Knight, dont click the spoiler if you havent seen this yet
Spoiler:

im starting to think i have a clone here. xD

_________________

Help Count at "Counting...Endlessly?" thread
My Anime List
avatar
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 470
Join date : 2013-01-19
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Blazer on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:27 am

Noobs wrote:
if you are Supernatural Knight, dont click the spoiler if you havent seen this yet
Spoiler:

im starting to think i have a clone here. xD

Spoiler:
Well it seems we do share some common tastes xD Great minds think alike ;D

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Sniper_b8 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Blazer wrote:So, what did you think about it? Hated it.
What did you like about it? The first story.
What did you NOT like about it? The rest of the story.
All the Feels, some of the Fells, or no Feels? Lots of feels.
Did you like the characters? Who was your favorite? Least favorite? Yes. The Main Characters. N/A.
How did you think about the art, animation, etc.? Great. I loved the scenery.
Would you have changed anything in the plot? Yes.
How did you feel about the ending? (SPOILERS!) Hated it.

Hahaha! Would you care to elaborate on the things/pieces you hated or what you would change?

_________________

"May you not chase the events of time's past, nor vex over the future and what it may hold." - Fleda Claes Johansson
avatar
Sniper_b8
Academy Student

Male Posts : 29
Join date : 2013-03-08
Age : 26
Location : Southern California

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Jayvon on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:56 am

When I saw this I felt sorry for the guy.

_________________
avatar
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2013-02-17
Age : 21
Location : FT. Lauderdale, FL
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Blazer on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:00 am

Sniper_b8 wrote:
Blazer wrote:So, what did you think about it? Hated it.
What did you like about it? The first story.
What did you NOT like about it? The rest of the story.
All the Feels, some of the Fells, or no Feels? Lots of feels.
Did you like the characters? Who was your favorite? Least favorite? Yes. The Main Characters. N/A.
How did you think about the art, animation, etc.? Great. I loved the scenery.
Would you have changed anything in the plot? Yes.
How did you feel about the ending? (SPOILERS!) Hated it.

Hahaha! Would you care to elaborate on the things/pieces you hated or what you would change?

Hated: Ending and Female MC (only cuz she married some dude and left the MC).

Change: Ending. <.> this anime just depresses me and enrages me <.>

Jayvon wrote:When I saw this I felt sorry for the guy.
My sentiments exactly. Even a little sad for the girl...even though she moved on...and got married.. and left the MC...so I feel a tab bit sorry because she still has that love in her heart...but I still dislike her for being a b*tch...poor MC...QQ

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Sniper_b8 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:19 pm

I see what you mean. It's too bad she had to move. I could imagine long-distant relationships being possible, but difficult.

Spoiler:
Along with the MC, I also felt bad for the surfer girl (Kanae). The poor girl fell in love with him, but Takaki still had Akari on his mind whilst pretending to send her text messages.

As a fellow surfer, I'd take Kanae off his hands. Just saying...

Anyway, I thought the ending was bitter-sweet. Yeah, Takaki didn't at least get to talk to Akari at the passing train, but it seems as though both of them were able to move on...

_________________

"May you not chase the events of time's past, nor vex over the future and what it may hold." - Fleda Claes Johansson
avatar
Sniper_b8
Academy Student

Male Posts : 29
Join date : 2013-03-08
Age : 26
Location : Southern California

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Blazer on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Sniper_b8 wrote:I see what you mean. It's too bad she had to move. I could imagine long-distant relationships being possible, but difficult.

Spoiler:
Along with the MC, I also felt bad for the surfer girl (Kanae). The poor girl fell in love with him, but Takaki still had Akari on his mind whilst pretending to send her text messages.

As a fellow surfer, I'd take Kanae off his hands. Just saying...

Anyway, I thought the ending was bitter-sweet. Yeah, Takaki didn't at least get to talk to Akari at the passing train, but it seems as though both of them were able to move on...

Bittersweet? Where is the sweet?
Spoiler:
The MC wasn't able to move on. That's why it ended with him breaking down and drinking at the end. The only people able to move on was the MC Female who go hitched (who still holds feelings for him imo) and the surfer girl. She was able to move on. That's why I don't really feel sorry for her.

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Sniper_b8 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:17 pm

Spoiler:
It just seemed like that to me. He was able to smile in the end. Plus he didn't cross the tracks after the train passed and sporadically search for her...or commit suicide or something crazy like that.

_________________

"May you not chase the events of time's past, nor vex over the future and what it may hold." - Fleda Claes Johansson
avatar
Sniper_b8
Academy Student

Male Posts : 29
Join date : 2013-03-08
Age : 26
Location : Southern California

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Blazer on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Sniper_b8 wrote:
Spoiler:
It just seemed like that to me. He was able to smile in the end. Plus he didn't cross the tracks after the train passed and sporadically search for her...or commit suicide or something crazy like that.
Spoiler:
no he was just depressed and became a sad alcoholic. I dont remember him really smiling. It also showed him still wanting.

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Sniper_b8 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Spoiler:
Call me wrong if you wish, but this is what I took from the ending-

Takaki has been living in the past for so long, that his broken, empty heart drove him to drink and dive deep into depression. After struggling for years to move on, he looks into his heart and sees only pain. His inability to get over his first love has driven him to neglect his relationship (with I assume to be Lisa/Risa), which I assume results them in breaking up since she tells him "I still love you".

He eventually loses his passion for work and quits his job. Both he and Akari reflect on a dream they had where they last met in the snow and hoped to watch the cherry blossoms together again (like they did at the train stop back in Elementary school). Their dream more or less comes true when they see each other at the same train stop one day, but they did not talk or get a good look at each other due to a passing train. When the train finally passed, Akari was already gone. Takaki then walks off with a smile.

To me, despite Takaki having a failed relationship with his ex, and becoming overly depressed to the point of losing passion for his job and quitting, he seemed like he got over his love for Akari in the end. This is what makes the ending bitter-sweet to me. It seemed to me that he stopped pursuing the thought of getting back with Akari when he stopped living his life of work, booze, and a failed relationship(s) (he apparently had more in the manga, but I didn't read it). If he was still living in the past, he would have at least attempted to call out to or chase Akari and confront her. But he didn't. He walks off and moves on. Now, whether or not the fact that both Takaki and Akari returned to the SAME EXACT train stop in the Spring was coincidental is left open for debate. But my opinion still stands: In the VERY END, Takaki was no longer "wanting", he smiled as a sign of happiness or satisfaction, and he continues on with his [new] life.

_________________

"May you not chase the events of time's past, nor vex over the future and what it may hold." - Fleda Claes Johansson
avatar
Sniper_b8
Academy Student

Male Posts : 29
Join date : 2013-03-08
Age : 26
Location : Southern California

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Blazer on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Sniper_b8 wrote:
Spoiler:
Call me wrong if you wish, but this is what I took from the ending-

Takaki has been living in the past for so long, that his broken, empty heart drove him to drink and dive deep into depression. After struggling for years to move on, he looks into his heart and sees only pain. His inability to get over his first love has driven him to neglect his relationship (with I assume to be Lisa/Risa), which I assume results them in breaking up since she tells him "I still love you".

He eventually loses his passion for work and quits his job. Both he and Akari reflect on a dream they had where they last met in the snow and hoped to watch the cherry blossoms together again (like they did at the train stop back in Elementary school). Their dream more or less comes true when they see each other at the same train stop one day, but they did not talk or get a good look at each other due to a passing train. When the train finally passed, Akari was already gone. Takaki then walks off with a smile.

To me, despite Takaki having a failed relationship with his ex, and becoming overly depressed to the point of losing passion for his job and quitting, he seemed like he got over his love for Akari in the end. This is what makes the ending bitter-sweet to me. It seemed to me that he stopped pursuing the thought of getting back with Akari when he stopped living his life of work, booze, and a failed relationship(s) (he apparently had more in the manga, but I didn't read it). If he was still living in the past, he would have at least attempted to call out to or chase Akari and confront her. But he didn't. He walks off and moves on. Now, whether or not the fact that both Takaki and Akari returned to the SAME EXACT train stop in the Spring was coincidental is left open for debate. But my opinion still stands: In the VERY END, Takaki was no longer "wanting", he smiled as a sign of happiness or satisfaction, and he continues on with his [new] life.

I guess I should rewatch that few seconds then. IDR getting that impression at all.

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Kusanagi on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Spoiler:
Yeah, as everyone else was saying, he pretty much moves on at the end, mostly symbolically. Even when there was a chance she was beyond the tracks at the end, he didn't chase and look for her. This represents how he decides to act overall. Instead of waiting at the tracks he "moves on" and leaves.

Also, I don't think Akari is a bitch for moving on. She didn't really promise or owe anything to him nor make any commitments. After she moved, the end of their relationship is pretty much assumed since they can't interact with one another anymore.

_________________
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

MyAnimeList
avatar
Kusanagi
Moderator
Moderator

Male Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-19
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Blazer on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:24 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah, as everyone else was saying, he pretty much moves on at the end, mostly symbolically. Even when there was a chance she was beyond the tracks at the end, he didn't chase and look for her. This represents how he decides to act overall. Instead of waiting at the tracks he "moves on" and leaves.

Also, I don't think Akari is a bitch for moving on. She didn't really promise or owe anything to him nor make any commitments. After she moved, the end of their relationship is pretty much assumed since they can't interact with one another anymore.

Just rewatched it. Yeah I suppose....but I still don't like it. FU** it all. <.> I think I was raging too much to pay attention to that 2 seconds when it showed his face.

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: ~5cm Per Second~

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum