JustDubs Community Club

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

JustDubs Community Club

Post by Sporadic on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:17 am

(Name subject to change once we're on the new site)

I decided on reviving this club since it was ditched on the old site. And if I recall correctly Hatless said hes was giving it up. Since a couple of months have passed I figured we're in the clear to remake the club. Plus, I was always in favor of an official community club being ran by a staff member. I'm going to try incorporating some new things into the club so additional ideas are welcomed.

I want the main purpose of this club to generate new ideas for community activity and growth; ranging from events, daily/weekly activities, possible site improvements and other fun things for the community to participate in. This will be a way for people to be active, contributing parts of the site and help with its development. We'll also be focusing on the previous aspects of the club. Which was spreading that community feeling around the JD forums, helping everyone feel welcomed and appreciated. Our goal will be to brainstorm, create and manage activities that can stand alone from the club as community events. As well as other club activities which will strengthen our bonds as a community.

Instead of being invite only, I'm also going to be opening up our private skype chat to the public and make it the JustDubs Community Chat, for almost anyone to join. Yes, almost anyone can join it but there will still be a minor screening process before hand. Which will simply be a 2 second evaluation among the people already in the chat. We currently have 42 members in the chat.

These are activities which already exist but were not started within this club ( these are just examples of current activities that are similar to the types of activities we'll be creating in the club)

Monthly Elimination Game
Anime Saturdays
Weekly Avi Theme
NationStates

I'm going to copy over the remaining members list from the old clubs archive. But if you would like to join and contribute feel free to join and suggest ideas for club activities.

Members:

MrLighTDarK - Leader
Hatless - Founder
BK-201 - YouTube Channel Manager
Sporadic
KarmaDelta
Keichii Morisato
Metazoxan
MiniSiets
MrLincecum
Nimandrous
Noobs
NyakoBwazo
Sai
SayWut
Severus
Sneffe
Tomoyo Sakagami
Vashnik
Yui
Jaysp656

Last edited by Sporadic on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 3 times in total

Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: JustDubs Community Club

Post by BK-201 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:28 am

Nice to have this club back.

Could I reprise my role as youtube channel manager? I still have the channel so I could send you the login details as well.

Link is still in my sig.
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:30 am

Sure, that would be awesome.

Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:31 am

I'll join.

Is there going to be a club badge?

Custom Themes For Win7 & 8
MAL
Anime Music:

Current Anime Library - (includes Vocaloid under Hatsune Miku Folder)

Vocaloid Library

Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:39 am

Yeah. That should probably be the first thing we decide. Feel free to suggest one.

Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 am

And it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Could I get my name added please?

Hhhmm. Since the last one was Kami, should we go with whoever the new mascot will be? Or should we change it up a bit?

Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikikomori on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:44 pm

I would like to join~!
I'm not sure what the badge should be as it's site oriented, but we could bring back Kami for temporary purposes until we know who the new mascot will be.

Hikikomori
Silver Saint

Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by joshier on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:43 pm

Hmm, I will join if you will have me...

*Starts thinking of Caturday events...*

Shinigami

Male Posts : 203
Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Now that everything is set for organization I'm handing over the club and its responsibilities to Zak (Yuki Terumi)

I know he will run it properly.

Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Terumi on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:16 pm

So anyway, it seems like we're in agreement over using the new mascot as the badge for the next forum. Is everyone fussed if we just go without one for now? It would save the hassle if we didn't bother sorting out one now only for it to be changed when the new forum hits.
Also, since I'll be taking the reigns of the club, I want to take the opportunity to make a members list and a activities list that I can edit myself.

The current list of activities are:

• Monthly Elimination Game
  • Anime Saturdays
  • Weekly Avi Theme

I've left NationStates of that list for now. As it is a video-game of sorts, it may be more suited to the video-gamer club, whenever that is brought back. I'd like to hear your guys' opinions on that and I'd also like to see some suggestions for other activities. I don't want to have 20 new activities right out of the gate, but some more would be nice.

As for the members list, everyone who is in the skype chat will automatically be put on the list, so I'll get to making that shortly.
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:18 pm

Well I for one think we should just have the old Kami badge like we had on the old site and then as others also said just have a badge for the new mascot. That's really the perfect badge and also no we need a badge. Every club has a badge and their a symbol of being an "official" club. Plus they look nice and all. ^-^ Also I wouldn't just add those who are in the Skype chat to this club. Some may not want to be a member. I know I'm not certain how well of a member I can be and thanks to Spor I FINALLY know what this club does aside from spread good cheer around. Anyway I would still like to join and be a member here. Don't know how much I can contribute though but I'll try.

Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Yuki Terumi wrote:

The current list of activities are:

• Monthly Elimination Game
  • Anime Saturdays
  • Weekly Avi Theme

Oh. When I mentioned these it was only as an example of similar activities this club would be creating. They already stand alone and serve their purpose as community activities and really don't need much further development. I'm fine with tagging along Anime Saturdays to the club so it can receive more attention from the community. But you might have to ask Red about the other two since she made them and they're already fully functioning and don't appear to need additional attention.

Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:57 pm

I can help with organizing the podcast this time.

MAL Profile | YouTube Channel | Blog
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:09 am

Same . . . .

Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:25 am

Keiichi Morisato wrote:Same . . . .

Last times rainymood was really peaceful XD

Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:30 am

Sporadic wrote:
Keiichi Morisato wrote:Same . . . .

Last times rainymood was really peaceful XD

XD

Happy to help Very Happy

Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:14 am

I think any activities we setup should sport the titlle of "Official Community Activity" that way people maybe more inclined to take part. Also, I don't think it should matter if an activity is already running well, we should still incorporate them with this club to make them official.
BK-201
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:35 am

Community Club Activity sounds better. In the past only the staff would make "Official Community Activities." Official in the sense that the site itself backed the event and wasn't just run independently by a forum member or club.

And I think the people running the existing activities should have the option to tie it to the club if they want but it shouldn't be forced. Implementing that would make it seem like any event created would have to be associated with the club and that would limit people outside of the club from starting activities or having control over their ideas.

Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:14 am

That does sound better. I agree we should let the creators decide but if they do want that then they need to join this club.
BK-201
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:32 am

well since this is a club, any activities that are to come will got toe the activities sub forum but if the creator creates them else where, that now depends on what the club decides.

Help Count at "Counting...Endlessly?" thread
My Anime List
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 470
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:49 am

Noobs wrote:well since this is a club, any activities that are to come will got toe the activities sub forum but if the creator creates them else where, that now depends on what the club decides.

Not really as they would be titled Community Club Activity so everyone would know they are a product of this club. Also, things like the elimination game should remain in the asylum otherwise it would get very cluttered in the club activities section.

I would consider moving the Weekly Avi and Anime Saturday threads (excluding discussions) to the club activities section.
BK-201
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by joshier on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:15 pm

It would be cool if we could set up some kinda of community event that encourages writers (Both new and old).

Some ideas could be:
  • Short Story Competition
  • Character descriptions
  • Describe your dream room
  • Plan your own anime plot
  • Caption competition
  • Poetry competition

If there was enough interest I would have set up/resurrected a writers club or something but since not it could be nice if every now and then there was something to encourage creative writing that anyone could join in and not have to be part of a club to do... Encouraging creativity and all Razz

Chances are more people would be interested if it was just some one off fun thing rather than a club anyway

Shinigami

Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:31 pm

joshier wrote:It would be cool if we could set up some kinda of community event that encourages writers (Both new and old).

Some ideas could be:
  • Character descriptions
  • Caption competition
  • Poetry competition

If there was enough interest I would have set up/resurrected a writers club or something but since not it could be nice if every now and then there was something to encourage creative writing that anyone could join in and not have to be part of a club to do... Encouraging creativity and all Razz

Chances are more people would be interested if it was just some one off fun thing rather than a club anyway

I like this idea, we could also do some for graphic design (sigs and avis) and onther artistic things (obviously without stepping on other clubs toes). Something like the Haiku comp on the old forum.
BK-201
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by joshier on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:59 pm

BK-201 wrote:

I like this idea, we could also do some for graphic design (sigs and avis) and onther artistic things (obviously without stepping on other clubs toes). Something like the Haiku comp on the old forum.

Exactly, something that can give people a taste of clubs that are available without having to be in one or feel the need to join one.. In a way kind of more fun little things

Shinigami

Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:13 pm

BK-201 wrote:
joshier wrote:It would be cool if we could set up some kinda of community event that encourages writers (Both new and old).

Some ideas could be:
  • Character descriptions
  • Caption competition
  • Poetry competition

not bad at all ^^ sounds like the fun will continue!

Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top