Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by Ovyda on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:50 pm

BlurredExistence wrote:
Bato wrote:I think i misunderstood you. You arent saying Naruto has average writing, characters, artwork and sound right?

Well i would make any specific claims about it such as that but i'm say on the lvl of quality Naruto (and animes like it) are pretty average, yes. You couldn't compare it to say NGE and say it's on the same lvl in depths of psychology and character development. You couldn't compare it to Code Geass and say it's story is as well written. And you couldn't compare it to Clannad and say that it's able to explore emotions as well.

While you may well think that Naruto is better than all three of those animes in your personal opinion what you can't claim is that on a technical lvl, such as the way they've been created as well as the lvl of quality in the writing, artistry and production values, that is stands up anywhere near them.

I know i'm not making this clear enough so i'll try giving a personal example: I don't like School Days, it's an extremely uncomfortable watch and i despise the main character so much that i seriously almost broke my TV once when i kicked it as a result of something he did. However i rated it rather highly on my MAL list because despite hating it i was able appreciate that i wasn't supposed to enjoy it and could very well see that it was incredibly well written and the production values were of high quality. I'll never watch it again but i am glad that i did watch it once. Naruto, being average, would never inspire such a feeling/thought process within me. It can only be liked by those whom like it, it cannot be appreciated for more than it is.

(Ugh, sometimes the English language totally fails me. I have so much i want to put across and it all tumbles out of me in an overly complex fashion. So i appologise for that.)

Where's the DISLIKE button???? Such rubbish. Can you believe what you are saying? You are actually comparing one anime, in this case Naruto, with other one's but only what they have good. For example, yes Clannad explores emotions more, but what else are they good at? You should compare it as in overall rate, not at specific things and with many different one's. How can you actually compare Naruto to Clannad in the first place? Naruto is all about action, fighting, super-powers and etc., while Clannad's main objective is EMOTIONS/FEELINGS. So now, I can say Clannad is average, because they don't have a lot of action, no super power fights and etc. However, I disagree. I find both shows amazing, because they are a totally different genre anime's and CAN'T BE COMPARED.

You need to look at Naruto from different point of view. Look at it as in general, it has everything you would like to see in the anime, if you are an all-rounder (not a specific genre lover).

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by MrYoSo901 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

lol if you're only sticking to shounen then you're really missing a lot.

BlurredExistence wrote:


Accel World, Burst Angel, Claymore, Durarara!!, Eureka Seven. These are not all the Shounen on my list (i going thru it i skipped a few and then gave up once i hit E) but each of these Shounen i can say with certainty are high quality. They may not be everybody's cup of tea but like i've said in earlier posts that's a matter of taste. What you can tell, and should respect, is the work that went into them, either showing great beauty, fascinating characters, brilliantly written stories. Each one shows up those more popular series' like Naurto or One Piece, imo (but then being much shorter means that there's a greater focus and more work could be put into each and every part of these animes so quality is high and maintained thruout). And these are just 5, i could have gone on for much much longer, i doubt it even made up 1/10th of the quality Shounens i have on my list let alone the ones that are out there which i've yet to watch.

hhhmmmmm Seems like we have the same taste in anime. I was also fascinated by Accel World's presentation and quality of animation. Its one of the series that made me glad that I don't stream anymore and only download high quality vids in nyaa for my anime even though it kills my HDD space XD. I liked burst angel because of the bewbies, but it was horribly censored when they showed it in late night t.v. so i had to watch it properly online when i was still a kid, Durarara and Eureka are also one of my faves, but i didn't like the new Eureka AO that much though.
avatar
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Posts : 292
Join date : 2013-01-19
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by Bato on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:14 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:lol if you're only sticking to shounen then you're really missing a lot.

Thats what you think. I watch evry new release, i watch animes from evry genre that i think are interesting. I dont miss anything that i like and if i do i put it on plan to watch. Most shows that you guys think are fun, bore the hell outta me. Thats why i dropped most things from this season. (also shounens).

Mostly i stick to shounen cuz those are the most interesting to me. I do like other genres though. I like horror, thriller, mystery. And i only watch things i really want to watch, and im enjoying that alot. So no i cant say im missing anything.


Last edited by Bato on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________


MyAnimeList
avatar
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 26
Location : Holland
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by BlurredExistence on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:21 am

Ovyda wrote:Where's the DISLIKE button???? Such rubbish. Can you believe what you are saying? You are actually comparing one anime, in this case Naruto, with other one's but only what they have good. For example, yes Clannad explores emotions more, but what else are they good at? You should compare it as in overall rate, not at specific things and with many different one's. How can you actually compare Naruto to Clannad in the first place? Naruto is all about action, fighting, super-powers and etc., while Clannad's main objective is EMOTIONS/FEELINGS. So now, I can say Clannad is average, because they don't have a lot of action, no super power fights and etc. However, I disagree. I find both shows amazing, because they are a totally different genre anime's and CAN'T BE COMPARED.

You need to look at Naruto from different point of view. Look at it as in general, it has everything you would like to see in the anime, if you are an all-rounder (not a specific genre lover).

Looks like again my use of the English language has failed me cause again that was not my point. I am looking at Naurto as a general (as i am with all these sorts of animes), and what i see is average in all terms of quality. If i was to say my personal feelings i would say what i see is something completely uninteresting and rather boring (pretty much cause i've seen the sort of thing it does so many times before) but that's my personal opinion.

What i was (ever so poorly admittedly) put across is that there are two ways as looking at any work, be it music, art, TV, film, book, game, manga or anime. The first is from the personal: Your very own feelings on the subject at hand. The second is from the purely technical: taking an unbiased view at everything that went into making it what it is. And under those principles Naruto (again only using it as an example) is 1. Incredibly boring and totally uninteresting (personal) and 2. Average (unbiased).

I'm gonna stop arguing about this now cause i'm completely failing to get across my meaning and it would be positively retarded of me to keep trying to hammer in a nail when i'm clearly welding a spoon.

MrYoSo901 wrote:hhhmmmmm Seems like we have the same taste in anime. I was also fascinated by Accel World's presentation and quality of animation. Its one of the series that made me glad that I don't stream anymore and only download high quality vids in nyaa for my anime even though it kills my HDD space XD. I liked burst angel because of the bewbies, but it was horribly censored when they showed it in late night t.v. so i had to watch it properly online when i was still a kid, Durarara and Eureka are also one of my faves, but i didn't like the new Eureka AO that much though.

We should compare lists some time. Wink


Last edited by BlurredExistence on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
"Live for today, but look forward to tomorrow, and don't forget to smile."



Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
The Greatest Anime Music Playlist!... or it will be someday.
avatar
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 34
Location : South-West England.

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by MrYoSo901 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:24 am

Ovyda wrote:
BlurredExistence wrote:
Bato wrote:I think i misunderstood you. You arent saying Naruto has average writing, characters, artwork and sound right?

Well i would make any specific claims about it such as that but i'm say on the lvl of quality Naruto (and animes like it) are pretty average, yes. You couldn't compare it to say NGE and say it's on the same lvl in depths of psychology and character development. You couldn't compare it to Code Geass and say it's story is as well written. And you couldn't compare it to Clannad and say that it's able to explore emotions as well.

While you may well think that Naruto is better than all three of those animes in your personal opinion what you can't claim is that on a technical lvl, such as the way they've been created as well as the lvl of quality in the writing, artistry and production values, that is stands up anywhere near them.

I know i'm not making this clear enough so i'll try giving a personal example: I don't like School Days, it's an extremely uncomfortable watch and i despise the main character so much that i seriously almost broke my TV once when i kicked it as a result of something he did. However i rated it rather highly on my MAL list because despite hating it i was able appreciate that i wasn't supposed to enjoy it and could very well see that it was incredibly well written and the production values were of high quality. I'll never watch it again but i am glad that i did watch it once. Naruto, being average, would never inspire such a feeling/thought process within me. It can only be liked by those whom like it, it cannot be appreciated for more than it is.

(Ugh, sometimes the English language totally fails me. I have so much i want to put across and it all tumbles out of me in an overly complex fashion. So i appologise for that.)

Where's the DISLIKE button???? Such rubbish. Can you believe what you are saying? You are actually comparing one anime, in this case Naruto, with other one's but only what they have good. For example, yes Clannad explores emotions more, but what else are they good at? You should compare it as in overall rate, not at specific things and with many different one's. How can you actually compare Naruto to Clannad in the first place? Naruto is all about action, fighting, super-powers and etc., while Clannad's main objective is EMOTIONS/FEELINGS. So now, I can say Clannad is average, because they don't have a lot of action, no super power fights and etc. However, I disagree. I find both shows amazing, because they are a totally different genre anime's and CAN'T BE COMPARED.

You need to look at Naruto from different point of view. Look at it as in general, it has everything you would like to see in the anime, if you are an all-rounder (not a specific genre lover).

dude he was talking about the quality and the amount of weight an anime can deliver to the viewer, whether its the awe you get from watching the fight scenes in hellsing ultimate, the disgust you feel at the amount of gore in elfen lied, the tearjerking drama in clannad, the amount of ero that you feel when you watch kissXsis, the fantastic visuals and animations shown in 5 centimeters per second, or how pissed of you can get from the NTR in school days. Not the actual content of the story. The only impact i felt from naruto was the lore. The ninja techniques were quite interesting and I mostly watch the fight scenes only in the anime, for the story i prefer reading through the manga.


Last edited by MrYoSo901 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Posts : 292
Join date : 2013-01-19
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by BlurredExistence on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:25 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:dude he was talking about the quality and the amount of weight an anime can deliver to the viewer, whether its the awe you get from watching the fight scenes in hellsing ultimate, the disgust you feel at the amount of gore in elfen lied, the tearjerking drama in clannad, the amount of ero that you feel when you watch kissXsis, the fantastic visuals and animations shown in 5 centimeters per second, or how pissed of you can get from the NTR in school days. Not the actual content of the story.

Wow this guy understands me! You've put that far far better than i have the multiple attempts i've tried too. Maybe we should get married? Wink

_________________
"Live for today, but look forward to tomorrow, and don't forget to smile."



Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
The Greatest Anime Music Playlist!... or it will be someday.
avatar
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 34
Location : South-West England.

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by Doomguy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:28 am

Not really an anime but I can't get into a show that has a "weak" main character. If I can't relate with the main guy I struggle to enjoy the anime at it's fullest.

It's good though if they grow stronger later on though because of important events.
avatar
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 28
Location : High security asylum room in JD
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by Bato on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:
Ovyda wrote:
BlurredExistence wrote:
Bato wrote:I think i misunderstood you. You arent saying Naruto has average writing, characters, artwork and sound right?

Well i would make any specific claims about it such as that but i'm say on the lvl of quality Naruto (and animes like it) are pretty average, yes. You couldn't compare it to say NGE and say it's on the same lvl in depths of psychology and character development. You couldn't compare it to Code Geass and say it's story is as well written. And you couldn't compare it to Clannad and say that it's able to explore emotions as well.

While you may well think that Naruto is better than all three of those animes in your personal opinion what you can't claim is that on a technical lvl, such as the way they've been created as well as the lvl of quality in the writing, artistry and production values, that is stands up anywhere near them.

I know i'm not making this clear enough so i'll try giving a personal example: I don't like School Days, it's an extremely uncomfortable watch and i despise the main character so much that i seriously almost broke my TV once when i kicked it as a result of something he did. However i rated it rather highly on my MAL list because despite hating it i was able appreciate that i wasn't supposed to enjoy it and could very well see that it was incredibly well written and the production values were of high quality. I'll never watch it again but i am glad that i did watch it once. Naruto, being average, would never inspire such a feeling/thought process within me. It can only be liked by those whom like it, it cannot be appreciated for more than it is.

(Ugh, sometimes the English language totally fails me. I have so much i want to put across and it all tumbles out of me in an overly complex fashion. So i appologise for that.)

Where's the DISLIKE button???? Such rubbish. Can you believe what you are saying? You are actually comparing one anime, in this case Naruto, with other one's but only what they have good. For example, yes Clannad explores emotions more, but what else are they good at? You should compare it as in overall rate, not at specific things and with many different one's. How can you actually compare Naruto to Clannad in the first place? Naruto is all about action, fighting, super-powers and etc., while Clannad's main objective is EMOTIONS/FEELINGS. So now, I can say Clannad is average, because they don't have a lot of action, no super power fights and etc. However, I disagree. I find both shows amazing, because they are a totally different genre anime's and CAN'T BE COMPARED.

You need to look at Naruto from different point of view. Look at it as in general, it has everything you would like to see in the anime, if you are an all-rounder (not a specific genre lover).

dude he was talking about the quality and the amount of weight an anime can deliver to the viewer, whether its the awe you get from watching the fight scenes in hellsing ultimate, the disgust you feel at the amount of gore in elfen lied, the tearjerking drama in clannad, the amount of ero that you feel when you watch kissXsis, the fantastic visuals and animations shown in 5 centimeters per second, or how pissed of you can get from the NTR in school days. Not the actual content of the story. The only impact i felt from naruto was the lore. The ninja techniques were quite interesting and I mostly watch the fight scenes only in the anime, for the story i prefer reading through the manga.

You do explain his point better, but you are totally wrong. What you feel in all those animes is different per person. I probably wont feel the same things in ''kissxsis'' whatever that may be, and i probably wont enjoy clannad. I do however feel great things in the story in Naruto and in the fights. The whole anime is amazing for me. And for the fans of the genre, Naruto can deliver great quality.

Me and Blurred agreed on the fact that arguing over 2 opinions is completely retarded, yet you bring it back alive and keep going on and on on how my opinion is not right, which is impossible.

Maybe you 2 have some kinda bottled up hate for Naruto, idk. But just stop it. Blurred you now say Naruto is not interesting while millions of fans strongly disagree with that. Its your opinion and you can have it if you want, but dont state it as a fact.

Once again, i watch anime for the shounens mainly. It doesnt matter how many you've seen when your a fan. Evry story is different with different characters and development. Even though the point of the anime is the same and somtimes the same things happen, i can enjoy shounens endlessly.

I can say the same about slice of life for example. I dont like that genre at all and all those animes seem the same to me. But when a fan of this genre reads this he will tell me im completely wrong.

Lets just all stop this arguement cuz its not going anywhere. Me and Ovyda think Naruto is great and you 2 think it sucks. So be it.

_________________


MyAnimeList
avatar
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 26
Location : Holland
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by BlurredExistence on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:09 am

Bato wrote:Lets just all stop this arguement cuz its not going anywhere. Me and Ovyda think Naruto is great and you 2 think it sucks. So be it.

And... we're done! Good.

Now bringing it back to topic as Doomguy was: I absolutely HATED Revolutionary Girl Utena! And every time i think of it i hate it just a little bit more... actually that's a lie, i hate it A LOT more it makes me so very angry! >.<

_________________
"Live for today, but look forward to tomorrow, and don't forget to smile."



Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
The Greatest Anime Music Playlist!... or it will be someday.
avatar
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309
Join date : 2013-03-04
Age : 34
Location : South-West England.

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by iH34RTD4RKN3SS on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Baka and Test.

I just could not get into it for the life of me - maybe I'll try again after finishing "SnS" since there is a second season to it.

_________________
avatar
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Lab Member

Male Posts : 56
Join date : 2013-02-19
Age : 23
Location : Avondale, AZ

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum