Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by plantkingman on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Were there any anime's you just didn't like or get into?
I didn't like:
Sailor Moon
Bobo Bo Bo
Ouran High School

Couldn't get into:
Strike Witches
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime's you just didn't like or couldn't get into?

Post by Ovyda on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:41 pm

My dropped list:
Gintama
Higurashi
Evangelion
InuYasha
XionSaga
Rock Lee Seishun something
Yu-gi-oh zexal

Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Ovyda wrote:Evangelion

Laughing

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Bato wrote:
Ovyda wrote:Evangelion

Laughing

It was just BAD.

Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Three words. Sword Art Online.

Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:06 pm

I usually drop an anime after i think i wont like it. I couldnt get into Naruto at first, but after a little push i did and now its like my 2nd favorite anime.

I also cant get into Helsing. I tried few times and i will keep trying and i hope i can like it. I love the MC. Thats the weird thing. One day i will finish this though Very Happy

Other than that i dont think there are many animes i really cant get into before i rate them as just bad. Maybe Brave 10.

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:16 pm

How can you not get into Hellsing :O

Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:22 pm

I really dont know Sad

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Kimi Ni Todoke season 2.

Spoiler:
I'm not sure if it is cheating using the second season of a series instead of the entire thing but the first season was okay. But the second season just feels like they are stalling for time. The problem is they pretty much tell you both characters like each other very early on and establish that they will end up together. A few obstacles get in their way but after a while it feels like the only obstacle is really just that both are thick as cement and can't tell the only is crazy about them nor can they tell the other their own feelings. The episodes still do enough to hold my interest until close to the end of season 1 and what I have seen of season 2. Most romance have a little more happen like having the characters get into a fight or something. But the problem is both of them are just too good natured for that and just spend all their time avoiding eachothers gaze. Each time you think they are finally going to get together absolutely nothing comes of it and they might even take a step backwards rather than forward for no reason. It is just dull and frustrating. There is no crisis, no good romantic tension, just a bunch of stuff stalling for time. I haven't finished season 2 because I just can't get into it so it MIGHT get better latter but....... even I'm starting to run out of patience.

Acchi Kocchi- This show made me laugh a good few times I'm not going to lie....but when it wasn't making me laugh it was just boring! It was a show similar to Lucky star in a way. Regular kids doing regular things in their regular lives. They have a good few funny moments that nearly killed me but like I said every other moment was a joke that just didn't make me laugh and that is a problem. When a show spends all it's time being extremely slow paced slice of life and it's only way to keep you interested in the jokes. Well if they just don't hit the mark with you they completely lose you. You might want to laugh but you keep getting bored and when a joke kinda hits the mark you already only half care and it just doesn't work as well as it could have.

The other one is this show who's name I can't remember. It had this pink haired Angel girl who was really clumsy and wanted to make this guy happy for some reason and there was also a demon girl who was too kind hearted to be a demon and didn't really talk much. I can't remember it's name but I just couldn't get into it. I tried but it bored me to tears.

So I guess I just can't get into slow anime if their jokes just don't hook me. I know some slow anime I simply loved and it was either just the characters were that good, the jokes were that good, the plot was that good, or some mix of the three. I've seen a lot of anime and I mean a LOT. and most I can get into even if it has very noticeable flaws. But these three just couldn't do it for me. I hate leaving anime unfinished but those two series (and maybe the first one) I just couldn't do it.

I am the president of the Manga club
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Metazoxan wrote:Kimi Ni Todoke season 2.

Spoiler:
I'm not sure if it is cheating using the second season of a series instead of the entire thing but the first season was okay. But the second season just feels like they are stalling for time. The problem is they pretty much tell you both characters like each other very early on and establish that they will end up together. A few obstacles get in their way but after a while it feels like the only obstacle is really just that both are thick as cement and can't tell the only is crazy about them nor can they tell the other their own feelings. The episodes still do enough to hold my interest until close to the end of season 1 and what I have seen of season 2. Most romance have a little more happen like having the characters get into a fight or something. But the problem is both of them are just too good natured for that and just spend all their time avoiding eachothers gaze. Each time you think they are finally going to get together absolutely nothing comes of it and they might even take a step backwards rather than forward for no reason. It is just dull and frustrating. There is no crisis, no good romantic tension, just a bunch of stuff stalling for time. I haven't finished season 2 because I just can't get into it so it MIGHT get better latter but....... even I'm starting to run out of patience.

Not sure why you put spoiler, but I don't think I need to. I do agree with you and I do understand what you mean. It sure does annoy that it's so obvious for everyone (I mean all other characters knew that they are in love except for Chiwa(I think that's the name(boyish girl)). And yet, nothing between them happens in particular... It's frustrating. However, somehow it still managed to enjoy me and I don't regret watching it, nor I could stay it was a waste of my time. I can't really say more as you haven't finished yet and I don't even know how much you saw it.

Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Full metal alchemist. I went into it with the most inflated opinion on it and put it in perma hold after only 4 episodes. Yeah........not fair I know but come on I expected to be blown away from the start can you imagine my disappointment? This one I couldn't get into.

Some anime to me may simply be boring so to say I don't like them might be too strong a word. One anime I do dislike though is the second season of The Familiar of Zero. I just hate what they did to the main guy! They turn a respectable guy into a pervert for no reason.
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:23 pm

Ovyda wrote:

Spoiler:

Not sure why you put spoiler, but I don't think I need to. I do agree with you and I do understand what you mean. It sure does annoy that it's so obvious for everyone (I mean all other characters knew that they are in love except for Chiwa(I think that's the name(boyish girl)). And yet, nothing between them happens in particular... It's frustrating. However, somehow it still managed to enjoy me and I don't regret watching it, nor I could stay it was a waste of my time. I can't really say more as you haven't finished yet and I don't even know how much you saw it.

I"m on episode 3 of season 2. and I know what you are saying. There are moments I enjoy it is just the slow moments are really starting to try my patience and I find myself just wishing the episode would end already so that I could move on either to the next episode in hopes something more interesting happened or just a different series. I don't regret watching it either I just.... wish the series would do something different already and since I still have a bit to go they just might do that..... but if they don't do it soon I may not last long enough to find out.
Doomguy wrote:Full metal alchemist. I went into it with the most inflated opinion on it and put it in perma hold after only 4 episodes. Yeah........not fair I know but come on I expected to be blown away from the start can you imagine my disappointment? This one I couldn't get into.

Some anime to me may simply be boring so to say I don't like them might be too strong a word. One anime I do dislike though is the second season of The Familiar of Zero. I just hate what they did to the main guy! They turn a respectable guy into a pervert for no reason.

Word of advice. No matter how much people praise an anime don't get expectations like that. A lot of people (and I mean a LOT) tend to turn into raving fan nerds for their favorite anime and practically worship it. Now that could certainly mean it is a very good series but it NEVER means it is truly as good as they say. The fan boys will exagerate but don't like that ruin you. FMA is a very good series but like many shonen the first few episodes act as a sort of intro and the "Supper amazing" show that everyone praises doesn't take form until a bit later. I personally prefer Brotherhood over the original and I encourage you to check that one out. The first few episodes actually go pretty fast because they kinda rush through the events that it shared with the original anime so they might be able to keep your attention better.

If you just can't trust FMA anymore then please at least take my original advice and don't take fan nerds so seriously. Pumping yourself up for a good series is fine and all but if it just doesn't hold up to the hype then you won't be able to appreciate what it has and will just focus on what it didn't have.

Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:36 pm

I couldn't get into Code Geass.
There I said it.

Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Ovyda wrote:

Spoiler:

I"m on episode 3 of season 2. and I know what you are saying. There are moments I enjoy it is just the slow moments are really starting to try my patience and I find myself just wishing the episode would end already so that I could move on either to the next episode in hopes something more interesting happened or just a different series. I don't regret watching it either I just.... wish the series would do something different already and since I still have a bit to go they just might do that..... but if they don't do it soon I may not last long enough to find out.
Doomguy wrote:Full metal alchemist. I went into it with the most inflated opinion on it and put it in perma hold after only 4 episodes. Yeah........not fair I know but come on I expected to be blown away from the start can you imagine my disappointment? This one I couldn't get into.

Word of advice. No matter how much people praise an anime don't get expectations like that. A lot of people (and I mean a LOT) tend to turn into raving fan nerds for their favorite anime and practically worship it. Now that could certainly mean it is a very good series but it NEVER means it is truly as good as they say. The fan boys will exagerate but don't like that ruin you. FMA is a very good series but like many shonen the first few episodes act as a sort of intro and the "Supper amazing" show that everyone praises doesn't take form until a bit later. I personally prefer Brotherhood over the original and I encourage you to check that one out. The first few episodes actually go pretty fast because they kinda rush through the events that it shared with the original anime so they might be able to keep your attention better.

If you just can't trust FMA anymore then please at least take my original advice and don't take fan nerds so seriously. Pumping yourself up for a good series is fine and all but if it just doesn't hold up to the hype then you won't be able to appreciate what it has and will just focus on what it didn't have.

I see. Well I watched both seasons in 1 week. But it was such time for me that I really wished to see a romance genre anime. So not sure if that's the reason why I was able to finish it so quickly. However, some scenes almost made me rage. For example,
Spoiler:
when she wanted to give him homemade chocolate, she didn't... Why? Because she thought he will misunderstand her and etc...
Jesus Christ, attention is all it matters, and if you love someone, then just go and give it a shot at least... But this anime is all about WHAT A BEAUTIFUL HONEST LOVE, so I shouldn't complain. It's just sometimes I wanted to kill them both for stupidity or shyness.

Sir Maddy wrote:I couldn't get into Code Geass.
There I said it.

Unbelievable... The hilarious thing is that you could get into Evangelion.

Last edited by Ovyda on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:55 pm

Ovyda wrote:
I see. Well I watched both seasons in 1 week. But it was such time for me that I really wished to see a romance genre anime. So not sure if that's the reason why I was able to finish it so quickly. However, some scenes almost made me rage. For example,
Spoiler:
when she wanted to give him homemade chocolate, she didn't... Why? Because she thought he will misunderstand her and etc...
Jesus Christ, attention is all it matters, and if you love someone, then just go and give it a shot at least... But this anime is all about WHAT A BEAUTIFUL HONEST LOVE, so I shouldn't complain. It's just sometimes I wanted to kill them both for stupidity or shyness.

There I said it.

Unbelievable... The hilarious thing is that you could get into Evangelion.

I get the whole "Honest love" thing but would it kill them to move that honest love a little faster? Honest doesn't mean gutless and slow. MAN UP AND CONFESS ALREADY! BTW that chocolate thing should probably be spoilered.

Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:46 am

I couldn't get into deadman wonderland.

And I absolutely hated Accel World.

Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:15 am

Metazoxan wrote:I get the whole "Honest love" thing but would it kill them to move that honest love a little faster? Honest doesn't mean gutless and slow. MAN UP AND CONFESS ALREADY! BTW that chocolate thing should probably be spoilered.

Thanks Meta, you reminded me of my example.

Love Hina.

It's mostly just that the main character Keitaro is incredibly grating and unlikable. Also, nothing ever happens.

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:55 am

Negima
Tactics
Honey and Clover
Suzaka
Afro Samurai
Carnival Phantasm
Golgo 13
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Last Exile

I have an incredibly short attention span and if I'm not into the anime in the first couple of episodes, chances are I won't finish it.

bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonononoki on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:17 am

Couldn't get into:

Higurashi
Fractale
XXXholic
Evangeion
Howl's Moving Castle

-Anime Planet-
------------------------Facebook - YouTube------------------------
Nonononoki
Shinigami

Male Posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:39 am

lucky star and higurashi?
I mean noobs kept pestering me to watch it, i did but it became a chore so i dropped it XD
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:40 am

There I said it.

you know... this is the first time that this forum made my jaw drop.

i mean how can you not get into CG
Spoiler:

MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:29 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:
There I said it.

Spoiler:

I kind of suffered through watching it too.

Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:47 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:
There I said it.

Spoiler:

The same way I couldn't get into Steins;Gate.
It bored me.

Ohh how much piss I'll get now.

Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:37 am

Colme wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:I get the whole "Honest love" thing but would it kill them to move that honest love a little faster? Honest doesn't mean gutless and slow. MAN UP AND CONFESS ALREADY! BTW that chocolate thing should probably be spoilered.

Thanks Meta, you reminded me of my example.

Love Hina.

It's mostly just that the main character Keitaro is incredibly grating and unlikable. Also, nothing ever happens.

Yeah I can see that. I didn't hate the show but I was getting a little tired of it by the end of the anime and I have't tried picking up the manga yet. Oh another season 2 I dropped was Ai Yori Aoshi. I liked season 1 a lot. The main couple were taking things slow but not in a gutless way. They were just takings things at their own pace while they delt with other things like school. But season 2 just... well it was another example of "stalling for time" barely anything happened and their attempts to create "tension" kinda failed IMO. I just couldn't keep watching. I wanted more development, more crisis, something more to happen but all I got was something that felt like filler. I think I didn't technicaly drop it but I just kinda stopped watching half way through the season. I kept telling myself I'd watch the next episode to see if it ever got better but I never did.

Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by MacMeaties on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:14 pm

I've said it before I'll say it again, Death Note.
I took three separate attempts to finish it each time hoping it would finally get good because EVERYONE told me just how utterly amazing it was... and guess what? Never happened. I hated virtually every character in some shape or form, the plot became predictable very fast, the ending I could see coming from about the 3rd or 4th episode, Aya Hirano could not have been more annoying if she tried as Misa Amane, it was depressing and the whole thing was hyped up more than god damn Halo and Gears of War combined.
It is THE definition of overrated in my opinion.

MacMeaties
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 130
The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top