Kanon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kanon

Post by Nazzikene on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:51 am

I first came upon it when I was searching for something quieter, simpler. Something easy to watch. Just sit back, and enjoy.
I got hooked from the first few episodes.
The story looked interesting, the drawing style was exactly to my likeing.
The story was fun, not too tought for the gray matter in my head. Everything I hoped for - simple and fun.

Then the show broke my heart. I watched it and barely hanging on without bursting into tears. It was sooo hartbreaking. The more it went on, the harder it was to hold back my tears. (You know... the macho thing...). And then they came... No more macho... I was like a kitten who had hurt its lil' paw. And so till the very end of the show.

I just had to show it to my girlfriend. She wept the whole show. And according to her oppinion, this is by far the best anime she has seen.

So... If you're looking for something to make you cry, or atleast is trying to, this is it.

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Re: Kanon

Post by Kusanagi on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:02 pm

Yeah, Kanon is usually considered a classic... well maybe that was just Fletch praising it everywhere.

There's a good chance you've already watched it, but if you liked Kanon you'll also like CLANNAD. The story and the animation are by the same people as those for Kanon. The first season isn't as good as Kanon (though still good), but the second season of CLANNAD is better.

MyAnimeList
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathfire123 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Storytelling and writing wise, the second HALF of the second season of Clannad is better than Kanon, but it is very heavily focused on one character, so it might be hit or miss depending on preferences. I do still suggest watching both seasons still.
Deathfire123
Silver Saint

The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazzikene on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 pm

I started watching Clannad, as it is kinda a sequel to Kanon.
I'm threw 13 episodes, and I'm really close on droping it. I still haven't deleted it and it still is waiting for me to give it a new chance.
So far, I haven't figured out what's all the fuzz about, that so many like it. It's still in the top 10/5 on many rating sites.
I haven't dropped Clannad just because so many say that it's so great. Otherwise it would of been deleted long time ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Though not as good as Clannad or Kanon, the anime Air (made by the same people) has some of the same qualities.

I really like Clannad and Kanon, but I think it is slightly upsetting that it is based from a Adult VN. After learning that, I noticed some areas where Kanon scenes ended too quickly or just felt slightly odd. But that is just my opinion.

Custom Themes For Win7 & 8
MAL
Anime Music:

Current Anime Library - (includes Vocaloid under Hatsune Miku Folder)

Vocaloid Library

Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:40 pm

Jaysp656 wrote:Though not as good as Clannad or Kanon, the anime Air (made by the same people) has some of the same qualities.

I think Air only fails to be as good as Clannad or Kanon by wandering off with a different set of characters right in the middle for 2 episodes, that whole story, while nice, is hard to get into when you've already formed attachments to the original cast and feels like a disruption, also it's result doesn't provide the resolution you're after:
Spoiler:
He turns into a bird and relives the same events exactly as they unfolded the first time, only this time always staying by her side, WTF kind of happy ending is that?!

As for Kanon it is one of my favourite animes of all time. Not as major an undertaking as Clannad so far easier to pick up and re-watch when you have the desire to. Also some of the best and cutest characters you'll come across, "Uguu" and "Auuu" both have been at some point a ring tone for my phone. And the tragedy, oh how it makes you cry! Especially Makoto's story, that one always hits me very hard.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
The Greatest Anime Music Playlist!... or it will be someday.
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309

Back to top Go down

Post by MrLincecum on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:05 pm

I'm going to get a lot of hate for this...

but Kanon, to me, just feels... I don't know the word... lacking maybe? I probably liked it at the time because I was a noob to the whole serious romance genre, but thinking back on it, it really feels as if the writers got away with a lot of things while sucking you in with the ending [which key seems to be very good at doing]. Either that or my memory's going.

Male Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:16 pm

MrLincecum wrote:it really feels as if the writers got away with a lot of things

How do you mean? Like with the supernatural stuff? Or how the story's structured?

BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:59 pm

I thought the first season of Clannad was better honestly. While there's no doubt that After Story had more impact with its ending, the first half of it was really boring for me, whereas season one was consistently entertaining and well-paced throughout. Haven't seen Kanon yet but it's on my watch list.

MAL Profile | YouTube Channel | Blog
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MrLincecum on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:01 pm

BlurredExistence wrote:How do you mean? Like with the supernatural stuff? Or how the story's structured?

Warning, I unknowingly went into semi-rant/mini review mode. Open at your own risk. I was thinking of writing a full on review to answer this, but I don't feel like going back and watching it again to check my facts.

Spoiler:
Just little nit-picky things that could have made the show a lot more enjoyable. For example, I would have liked to have seen more of the character that Greg Ayres was voicing [I can't even remember his name, that's how memorable he was].

I don't know if I forgot the reason to this or not, but he, for some strange reason, CAN'T remember his past. Just the sound of that as a basis for developing a story makes me cringe. That just spells laziness.

About certain supernatural aspects/scenes... I kept asking myself what exactly was the point? The scene in the school at night with the spirits and stuff, looking back on it, seems like it was just a flat footed re-route for character development for that purple haired girl [Again, can't remember her name]. I understand it was to help set up a connection to the disappearance of that fox girl, but why must you bring another character into the mix who's whole purpose in the story is seemingly to explain the plot? To add action? To be honest, those scenes aren't really memorable, so it feels like it's just a waste of a character who could have had a bigger impact on the story [I also remember nothing about her friend either]. And yet people seem to really like this purple haired character anyway...

This is just a personal thing, but Ayu annoys me. Stupid stuff that is meant to lull the people watching into a sense of "awww" or whatever the hell you call it, just seems pointless and it really made me feel as if Ayu was a character that was made for the ending, and nothing else. Her whole purpose was to act cute throughout the whole and thing so that people would feel bad at the end in my opinion. I know she's the main female protagonist, but when it's so hard to get into the connections that the writers are trying to establish when you can't take a character seriously. It wasn't cute, it was annoying, therefore the ending literally leaves little to no impact on me [It also creeped me out when Yuichi and Ayu kissed. I know she SAYS she's 18 or whatever her age is, but her physique just implants the thought of "jail-bait" into my head and it made it so awkward for me to watch that scene].

Finally, I feel like I took little to nothing away from this anime. What did this anime teach me about anything? This anime was meant to be powerful and enact an emotional response from the viewer, but if that doesn't happen, you really begin to question what the point to the entire anime is. If you come away with nothing at the end, there's no lesson that this anime can lean back on for support that hasn't already been thrown at you by Key. What was this lesson? The value of human life? The value of memories? Trusting in the honesty of strangers? I don't know, but it seems like Key keeps re-hashing the same lessons over and over again and as Verizon has "proved" throughout their "scientific studies" in their commercials, it doesn't matter how you present it, if it's the same thing it's the same thing, and I semi-agree with that. I know I sound really cynical by saying that, but if I don't remember or enjoy an anime for what it was meant to be enjoyed for, then what do I have left to take out of it? Lessons that I've already learned from Clannad and life experiences. I don't know if Clannad came first, or Kanon, or whatever, but I would at least give this anime a few more points if it didn't feel like that just gave us a different story for the same overall message. Again, my cynicism and even some hypocrisy on my part may be looming in this area, but these are my honest opinions. I feel the writers went for that big home run ending and left nothing for Kanon to fall back on in case people didn't get the desired effect.

If I had any more recollection of this anime that I could gather a logical thought on, i'd probably put it down, but the thing is, I don't. This works both for and against me, because for me, this anime has little memorability. But it also could be that i'm due for a re-watch. So please, if you can prove me wrong, than do it because it will motivate me to at least consider giving it another shot. In fact, i'm asking you too. I really don't want to have to chuck my cr@p at an anime that everyone else seems to love only to find out that my opinions are unfavorable due to contradictions within the actual anime. I want to like Kanon, I really do, but I just can't until I get all this straightened out.

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:44 pm

MrLincecum wrote:
BlurredExistence wrote:How do you mean? Like with the supernatural stuff? Or how the story's structured?

Warning, I unknowingly went into semi-rant/mini review mode. Open at your own risk. I was thinking of writing a full on review to answer this, but I don't feel like going back and watching it again to check my facts.

Spoiler:
Just little nit-picky things that could have made the show a lot more enjoyable. For example, I would have liked to have seen more of the character that Greg Ayres was voicing [I can't even remember his name, that's how memorable he was].

I don't know if I forgot the reason to this or not, but he, for some strange reason, CAN'T remember his past. Just the sound of that as a basis for developing a story makes me cringe. That just spells laziness.

About certain supernatural aspects/scenes... I kept asking myself what exactly was the point? The scene in the school at night with the spirits and stuff, looking back on it, seems like it was just a flat footed re-route for character development for that purple haired girl [Again, can't remember her name]. I understand it was to help set up a connection to the disappearance of that fox girl, but why must you bring another character into the mix who's whole purpose in the story is seemingly to explain the plot? To add action? To be honest, those scenes aren't really memorable, so it feels like it's just a waste of a character who could have had a bigger impact on the story [I also remember nothing about her friend either]. And yet people seem to really like this purple haired character anyway...

This is just a personal thing, but Ayu annoys me. Stupid stuff that is meant to lull the people watching into a sense of "awww" or whatever the hell you call it, just seems pointless and it really made me feel as if Ayu was a character that was made for the ending, and nothing else. Her whole purpose was to act cute throughout the whole and thing so that people would feel bad at the end in my opinion. I know she's the main female protagonist, but when it's so hard to get into the connections that the writers are trying to establish when you can't take a character seriously. It wasn't cute, it was annoying, therefore the ending literally leaves little to no impact on me [It also creeped me out when Yuichi and Ayu kissed. I know she SAYS she's 18 or whatever her age is, but her physique just implants the thought of "jail-bait" into my head and it made it so awkward for me to watch that scene].

Finally, I feel like I took little to nothing away from this anime. What did this anime teach me about anything? This anime was meant to be powerful and enact an emotional response from the viewer, but if that doesn't happen, you really begin to question what the point to the entire anime is. If you come away with nothing at the end, there's no lesson that this anime can lean back on for support that hasn't already been thrown at you by Key. What was this lesson? The value of human life? The value of memories? Trusting in the honesty of strangers? I don't know, but it seems like Key keeps re-hashing the same lessons over and over again and as Verizon has "proved" throughout their "scientific studies" in their commercials, it doesn't matter how you present it, if it's the same thing it's the same thing, and I semi-agree with that. I know I sound really cynical by saying that, but if I don't remember or enjoy an anime for what it was meant to be enjoyed for, then what do I have left to take out of it? Lessons that I've already learned from Clannad and life experiences. I don't know if Clannad came first, or Kanon, or whatever, but I would at least give this anime a few more points if it didn't feel like that just gave us a different story for the same overall message. Again, my cynicism and even some hypocrisy on my part may be looming in this area, but these are my honest opinions. I feel the writers went for that big home run ending and left nothing for Kanon to fall back on in case people didn't get the desired effect.

If I had any more recollection of this anime that I could gather a logical thought on, i'd probably put it down, but the thing is, I don't. This works both for and against me, because for me, this anime has little memorability. But it also could be that i'm due for a re-watch. So please, if you can prove me wrong, than do it because it will motivate me to at least consider giving it another shot. In fact, i'm asking you too. I really don't want to have to chuck my cr@p at an anime that everyone else seems to love only to find out that my opinions are unfavorable due to contradictions within the actual anime. I want to like Kanon, I really do, but I just can't until I get all this straightened out.

Let's see if i can address some of your issues (and in order), i know some are just your opinion based upon your tastes and that's fair enough but some may be misconceptions or down to your poor recollections (and i'll do this under the curtain of spoilers even tho i don't right now know if i'll be actually using any):

Spoiler:
First off let me say that the anime is based off of a VN by KEY under the same name, so i think that a few of the issues you have with Kanon are down to the fact that they've had to modify the story from a format where you had multiple paths to choose from.

Greg Ayres played Kitagawa Jun and yeah he doesn't have a major part in the anime, he doesn't in the VN either, i think he's just there as to show the protagonist does have male friends as well (increase the realism?). He is basically a carbon copy of Sunohara Youhei from Clannad imo (hardly surprising as both animes/VNs are made by the same company).

The fact that Yuuichi can't remember his past is tied to the main plot of the story. A tragedy occurred during his last stay in the town that led him to block out many of the events surrounding that time (which coincidentally includes meeting all these cute girls during their chibi years). It's also very key in his connection to Ayu.

Again this comes down to the anime being a remake of the visual novel, as Mai is a romance character and has her own story arch in the VN, but rather than exclude her entirely they put a bit of her story in to help further establish the supernatural current of the overall story (important for what occurs with Ayu at the end of the anime). I think in the VN the supernatural stuff fits in better, it feels like it's a proper part of the story, i guess in the anime we're kind of overwhelmed by it and it can feel like it's out of place a bit, when you feel you're watching slice of life and then suddenly Oh Makoto's a fox! It can be a bit jarring. Still i'm playing devil's advocate with this one as i don't really see much of a problem with it, unlike Clannad:AS where it serves entirely as a vehicle for resurrecting Nagisa and Ushio... tho we're not talking about that so i won't go on into that rant.

Your problems with Ayu are totally a personal thing and i ain't gonna comment. Tho i will say i'm in the "Ayu is cute!" camp myself.

As for your final point i don't know what it teaches us really either. I think it's just a touching story (or collection of stories) tbh i don't think there was any major moral to Ayu's and Yuuchi's story, altho i did find it touching i was far more deeply touched by Makoto's story of her giving up everything just to spend a small amount of time with the person she loves (altho if you watch the OVA of the 2002 version they completely mess that up by having her reappear for some reason). Also tbh your comments about KEY are pretty valid they do like to do the same sort of story over and over with the same kind of characters, but, you know what? I don't mind that. I like these stories and whether i've seen them before or not i still feel touched by them. Again this one's down to personal opinion and i'll respect that yours is different. Oh and just so you know Kanon is older than Clannad.

I don't know if i can encourage you to give Kanon another chance since your memory does seem to be good enough to know some pretty specific problems you have with it... what i might be able to suggest is maybe giving it a go in it's original form, the Visual Novel, maybe seeing the stories and characters in their original structure might endear them more too you, maybe even get you to find their individual meanings? This is the key difference between the animes of Kanon and Clannad: Tho both of them started off as visual novels Kanon tried to include as much content as it could of each of the individual story archs in the VN, while Clannad put it's focus far more clearly upon Nagisa's story arch.

BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by MrLincecum on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:12 pm

BlurredExistence wrote:Let's see if i can address some of your issues (and in order), i know some are just your opinion based upon your tastes and that's fair enough but some may be misconceptions or down to your poor recollections (and i'll do this under the curtain of spoilers even tho i don't right now know if i'll be actually using any):

Spoiler:
First off let me say that the anime is based off of a VN by KEY under the same name, so i think that a few of the issues you have with Kanon are down to the fact that they've had to modify the story from a format where you had multiple paths to choose from.

Greg Ayres played Kitagawa Jun and yeah he doesn't have a major part in the anime, he doesn't in the VN either, i think he's just there as to show the protagonist does have male friends as well (increase the realism?). He is basically a carbon copy of Sunohara Youhei from Clannad imo (hardly surprising as both animes/VNs are made by the same company).

The fact that Yuuichi can't remember his past is tied to the main plot of the story. A tragedy occurred during his last stay in the town that led him to block out many of the events surrounding that time (which coincidentally includes meeting all these cute girls during their chibi years). It's also very key in his connection to Ayu.

Again this comes down to the anime being a remake of the visual novel, as Mai is a romance character and has her own story arch in the VN, but rather than exclude her entirely they put a bit of her story in to help further establish the supernatural current of the overall story (important for what occurs with Ayu at the end of the anime). I think in the VN the supernatural stuff fits in better, it feels like it's a proper part of the story, i guess in the anime we're kind of overwhelmed by it and it can feel like it's out of place a bit, when you feel you're watching slice of life and then suddenly Oh Makoto's a fox! It can be a bit jarring. Still i'm playing devil's advocate with this one as i don't really see much of a problem with it, unlike Clannad:AS where it serves entirely as a vehicle for resurrecting Nagisa and Ushio... tho we're not talking about that so i won't go on into that rant.

Your problems with Ayu are totally a personal thing and i ain't gonna comment. Tho i will say i'm in the "Ayu is cute!" camp myself.

As for your final point i don't know what it teaches us really either. I think it's just a touching story (or collection of stories) tbh i don't think there was any major moral to Ayu's and Yuuchi's story, altho i did find it touching i was far more deeply touched by Makoto's story of her giving up everything just to spend a small amount of time with the person she loves (altho if you watch the OVA of the 2002 version they completely mess that up by having her reappear for some reason). Also tbh your comments about KEY are pretty valid they do like to do the same sort of story over and over with the same kind of characters, but, you know what? I don't mind that. I like these stories and whether i've seen them before or not i still feel touched by them. Again this one's down to personal opinion and i'll respect that yours is different. Oh and just so you know Kanon is older than Clannad.

I don't know if i can encourage you to give Kanon another chance since your memory does seem to be good enough to know some pretty specific problems you have with it... what i might be able to suggest is maybe giving it a go in it's original form, the Visual Novel, maybe seeing the stories and characters in their original structure might endear them more too you, maybe even get you to find their individual meanings? This is the key difference between the animes of Kanon and Clannad: Tho both of them started off as visual novels Kanon tried to include as much content as it could of each of the individual story archs in the VN, while Clannad put it's focus far more clearly upon Nagisa's story arch.

That clears a lot of things up. I forgot that there was a VN associated with this xD. But still as an anime, it feels incomplete. But I guess there's nothing that they could do about it. I guess i'll try and go back to playing the VN when I hit my next vacation, but I think it won't change my overall opinion of the anime itself. At best it'll make me understand the characters more and give a little bit more to the story, but I guess it's still worth a shot. But thanks for clearing up some things for me. It's nice to get some constructive thought going every once in a while :]

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathfire123 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:45 pm

Jaysp656 wrote:Though not as good as Clannad or Kanon, the anime Air (made by the same people) has some of the same qualities.

I really like Clannad and Kanon, but I think it is slightly upsetting that it is based from a Adult VN. After learning that, I noticed some areas where Kanon scenes ended too quickly or just felt slightly odd. But that is just my opinion.

Kanon is the only Adult VN out of the two you listed. And that was only the first release. Every subsequent release of Kanon is all ages. The ero scenes were completely optional in Kanon as well and were not story based. Clannad in not an Adult VN.

Also judging something because it comes from a VN is completely upsetting to me, because in my opinion, VN's tend to have better story 9 out of 10 times over any anime.
Deathfire123
Silver Saint

The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:54 pm

Deathfire123 wrote:

Kanon is the only Adult VN out of the two you listed. And that was only the first release. Every subsequent release of Kanon is all ages. The ero scenes were completely optional in Kanon as well and were not story based. Clannad in not an Adult VN.

Also judging something because it comes from a VN is completely upsetting to me, because in my opinion, VN's tend to have better story 9 out of 10 times over any anime.

My interpretation of what he said was that he was talking mainly about being disappointed in Kanon being from an Adult VN, and anyway Clannad was originally a VN even if it wasn't an Adult one so it's structure would largely be the same. But i agree with you VNs do tend to have some very well written story lines which they allow us to explore in far more detail than an anime can, or even some mangas will. Regardless of source at the end of the day it is the story and it's content that counts, who cares what the original was if the interpretation works on it's own then that's all that matters and as Jay points out there are some places where Kanon doesn't quite work because of it's source but as the first of KEY's anime conversions it's to be expected, they still did a damn fine job imo.

BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazzikene on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:48 am

BlurredExistence wrote:"Uguu" and "Auuu" both have been at some point a ring tone for my phone.
Now that's a really great idea...
ATM I have Elfen Lieds Lilium as one tone and the other When They Cry (Higurashi no naku koro ni) opening...

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:03 am

Nazzikene wrote:
BlurredExistence wrote:"Uguu" and "Auuu" both have been at some point a ring tone for my phone.
Now that's a really great idea...
ATM I have Elfen Lieds Lilium as one tone and the other When They Cry (Higurashi no naku koro ni) opening...

Esh creepy! lol = p

Yeah i thought it was a good idea but had to drop it for practical reasons, couldn't get either loud enough on my crappy phone to be heard whilst in my pocket. So now i have the intros to Nichiyoubi no Taiyou by The Neutral (from Shadow Star Narutaru) and Youkoso! Hitori Bocchi by Pearl Kyoudai (from Welcome to the N.H.K.).

BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuyushi on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 am

Kanon is still my favorite romance ever.. One of the few anime shows I bought for my personal collection after seeing it online.
The first show I ever saw that made my man tears fall.
My personal order:
Kanon > Clannad > Air. (Clannad never got a rise out of me until After Story)

Air would have been much better if the ending would have wrapped up more smoothly.

My Anime List ^_^ ----> http://myanimelist.net/profile/TsuyuChan
Tsuyushi
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 175
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazzikene on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:57 am

Some time ago I was considering watching Air, but now I'm not so shure... Though, I could watch it just to get the feeling of what's everyone talking about...

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:43 am

Nazzikene wrote:Some time ago I was considering watching Air, but now I'm not so shure... Though, I could watch it just to get the feeling of what's everyone talking about...

Air's worth the watch, but i doesn't have the same draw that either Kanon or Clannad does. Worst of the three but then the other two are such high markers that it's hardly surprising. It has it's own set of characters tho that are worth seeing, and they are great characters it's just a shame it wanders off halfway thru onto another set for a couple of episodes so you don't get the time to properly explore anyone as you do in Kanon or Clannad (also i think it's the shortest series of the three which doesn't help).

BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Homerun on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Makoto is the best!
Homerun
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Homerun wrote:Makoto is the best!

Tbh i found Makoto quite annoying at first. I have this real serious problem with demonstrations of selfishness (i get incredibly annoyed and angry by it) and at first that's all i saw in her. But as her story unfolds and i came to see her actions and not selfishness but rather an attachment to Yuuichi my heart slowly warmed to her.

Spoiler:
So when she finally starts to weaken and i learnt more about what she truly is my heart's no long feels any spite towards her but instead is literary breaking at the tragedy of her.

Characters have made me go from feeling hate towards them to thinking their passable many times before but i think Makoto's the only character in anything that's managed to make my opinion go from hate to love to break down and cry at the thought of her.

Ayuu's my favourite character in Kanon but Makoto's story was by far the most touching and tragic, imo.

BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuyushi on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:19 pm

BlurredExistence wrote:
Homerun wrote:Makoto is the best!

Tbh i found Makoto quite annoying at first. I have this real serious problem with demonstrations of selfishness (i get incredibly annoyed and angry by it) and at first that's all i saw in her. But as her story unfolds and i came to see her actions and not selfishness but rather an attachment to Yuuichi my heart slowly warmed to her.

Spoiler:
So when she finally starts to weaken and i learnt more about what she truly is my heart's no long feels any spite towards her but instead is literary breaking at the tragedy of her.

Characters have made me go from feeling hate towards them to thinking their passable many times before but i think Makoto's the only character in anything that's managed to make my opinion go from hate to love to break down and cry at the thought of her.

Ayuu's my favourite character in Kanon but Makoto's story was by far the most touching and tragic, imo.

I myself have a soft point for Mai Kawasumi's arc in the show, also I found her adorable but that's probably because I have a thing for shy girls. LOL

My Anime List ^_^ ----> http://myanimelist.net/profile/TsuyuChan
Tsuyushi
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 175
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Tsuyushi wrote:I myself have a soft point for Mai Kawasumi's arc in the show, also I found her adorable but that's probably because I have a thing for shy girls. LOL

I've watched both the 2006 version and the 2002 version, in that order, and what i found most disappointing about the 2002 version was how much of Mai's story was in it. Out of all the stories it has the least connection to Ayuu (the story they picked to me the lead in both versions) but it's still a great story and Mai is a fantastic stoic character in herself.

Spoiler:
Spending all those years dedicated to protecting their special place. Yuuchi says that she told a lie about the demons but those diggers would be huge and scary things to a child of Mai's age, especially one whom had suffered as much as she had up to that point, and they did come and level the place so i think that was a fair thing for her to call them.

Not sure i'd call her shy, more quiet. And i also have a thing for the quiet type.

Lol I love the whole cast so much that if anyone mentions any of them i'm gonna go off and profess how much i adore them as well really. I know i've said Ayuu's my favourite but really it's like everyone's a 10 and she's just a 10.01, a .01 of a difference is not that much at all.

BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by higurashi_conan on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:18 pm

i liked this anime i did but its just that it kinda bored me because it was going too slow

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviewscurrent Op:#35: "Try Again" by:Mai Kuraki,End:#44:"Hitomi no Melody"by:BOYFRIEND
Spoiler:
]
higurashi_conan
Gillian

Male Posts : 87
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top