If a music club started up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If a music club started up?

Post by Kaleb_K on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:50 am

Hey guys, this thread is really simple, I was just wondering if there are musicians out there, and if so, would you guys be willing to start up a club. I spend a lot of time in my uncle's studio, and am on a few of his works on Reverbnation.com, if you want to check them out then look for Jonnyqband. Any way, whether it is recordings, or just videos of what you've bee writing I thought it would be cool to have a place where we can chat about music, gear, and other miscellaneous topics concerning music.

Male Posts : 86
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Re: If a music club started up?

Post by BlurredExistence on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:14 pm

How about if you made it more general? So that users whom don't have talent or know how of the technical side of music could come and discuss music, what they like, what sounds they're most passionate about, what sparks the most emotion within them, the merits of various genres, all the while maybe giving you (the talented people) some input and ideas that maybe you could use in creating your music/songs/sounds/tunes as well as encouragement whenever you accomplish something.

I think if you did that then this prospective club would have more appeal, cause right now your idea is very niche.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
The Greatest Anime Music Playlist!... or it will be someday.
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 pm

What kind of activities and events would you hold?

Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper_b8 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:07 am

I'd join. I'm just a self-taught amateur pianist, but whatever. I love playing whenever I have the opportunity.

"May you not chase the events of time's past, nor vex over the future and what it may hold." - Fleda Claes Johansson
Sniper_b8
Academy Student

Male Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonononoki on Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:37 am

Sniper_b8 wrote:I'd join. I'm just a self-taught amateur pianist, but whatever. I love playing whenever I have the opportunity.

Same here ;D

-Anime Planet-
------------------------Facebook - YouTube------------------------
Nonononoki
Shinigami

Male Posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafiacow on Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:18 am

Maybe. I was having piano lessons about three years ago, and my mum wants me to pick it back up this year. I'm not very good though XD

I like men! I slept with Silvo, Swarly, Jayvon, Noobs, Mateusse, Grimripper, iH34RTD4RKN3SS, Hydroponiks, Nono, Tsuyushi, Kusanagi, Blurred, Deathfire, Ovyda, Kiri, LEDlump, Keiichi, Doomguy, Crazy, L3GION, Natsuru, Siets, Shadow_Links, CreaminFreeman, Hikarioreno, Nim, Severus, myself, Blazer, Jaysp, Joshier, BK-201, Karma, Spor, Shogun, Bato, Natsu, Roy, Maddy, YoSo, Red, DemonEyesJoe, Great_Oak and Wampa!

^Don't take this as my total time. I have a childhood of Cheez TV that I have no way of tracking.
Mafiacow
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleb_K on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:45 am

Well I was hoping to have people submit videos of their compositions, and discuss them. It would also be an easy knowledge source for anyone who wanted pick up an instrument, I my self can give tips for piano, bass, guitar, drums, cello and violin. Not everyone can afford compatible recording software, so Things like collaborations on musical pieces wouldn't really be easy enough to do, but discussions on musical topics would be fun, I thought there would be more people who were involved with music than that have posted so far, but this was the reason I decided to ask before I actually tried to start it up.

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonononoki on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:31 am

Kaleb_K wrote:I my self can give tips for piano, bass, guitar, drums, cello and violin

What... the... xD

Why don't you create a "club" in the sleeping forest? I bet more people would join if it's there and not in the Off Topic section ;D

-Anime Planet-
------------------------Facebook - YouTube------------------------
Nonononoki
Shinigami

Male Posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper_b8 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Kaleb_K wrote:Well I was hoping to have people submit videos of their compositions, and discuss them. It would also be an easy knowledge source for anyone who wanted pick up an instrument, I my self can give tips for piano, bass, guitar, drums, cello and violin. Not everyone can afford compatible recording software, so Things like collaborations on musical pieces wouldn't really be easy enough to do, but discussions on musical topics would be fun, I thought there would be more people who were involved with music than that have posted so far, but this was the reason I decided to ask before I actually tried to start it up.

Yeah, I think stuff like compositions and collaborations may be asking a little too much from an already small community. In that sense, the club would be more geared for a niche group of [more] professional musicians. With that said, I think that making the club more "casual" is a good idea, but I for one would not know how to make that happen.

I, too, wanted to start a music club back in the old JD forums. It thought it would be cool if people got together, submitted their performances, talked about them, collaborated, and helped each other out. However, this would demand that most - if not all - members have the hardware and software to record, edit, and submit their work. That alone, I think, is asking a lot from club members, especially if they are new to playing an instrument. Not to mention some people may not feel comfortable recording themselves and such (I get nervous when recording and playing live all of the time). Turn-around time for submission may also take a lot of time. For me at least, recording, editing, and submitting is not a fast process.

Still, forming this club IS possible, but I think it will be slow to start to say the least. If not, we could just form a tight, little, mini-club =)

"May you not chase the events of time's past, nor vex over the future and what it may hold." - Fleda Claes Johansson
Sniper_b8
Academy Student

Male Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleb_K on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:07 am

I think the mini-club Idea is great, especially since my studio time has been cut short because of work, but people who are beginners would benefit from real knowledge that other more adept musicians can give them, and it would beneficial for anyone interested to receive feedback about their music as well.

@Nonononoki, I have a talent for string instruments, I went through a tough breakup in high school, and my ex took all of our mutual friends because I was still the new kid, and she had known them since elementary school. I started going the music room after school because my twin was in band, and it kind of be came my escape from my troubles.

Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by hydroponiks on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:48 am

sounds fun. i freestyle with spor a lot and write some lyrics

The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down