Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Ovyda on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:33 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Ovyda wrote:It's definitely him. I am sure about that... otherwise it wouldn't make sense. And I disagree that it was too easy... Gon went through a lot and meets his dad in a damn badass way (bypassing his own father's game).

Well, he's the one who created the game. Maybe he rigged accompany to go to a pre-recorded message ( when someone tried to use it to go to him) for Gon? Just throwing ideas out there...

I already said that I changed my mind Very Happy I just thought that since he's the creator of game, he might have did that on purpose (Nigg) so that Gon would think it's him and try to use accompany card, then Gon meets Ging's friend and he gives another hint or something how to find Ging Very Happy

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by LunarLexal on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:38 pm

Ovyda wrote:I already said that I changed my mind Very Happy I just thought that since he's the creator of game, he might have did that on purpose (Nigg) so that Gon would think it's him and try to use accompany card, then Gon meets Ging's friend and he gives another hint or something how to find Ging Very Happy

At this point, I would be surprised if it really was Ging.

_________________
MyAnimeList/AnimePlanet
avatar
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 21
Location : Utah
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Ovyda on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:54 pm

LunarLexal wrote:
Ovyda wrote:I already said that I changed my mind Very Happy I just thought that since he's the creator of game, he might have did that on purpose (Nigg) so that Gon would think it's him and try to use accompany card, then Gon meets Ging's friend and he gives another hint or something how to find Ging Very Happy

At this point, I would be surprised if it really was Ging.

I heard they already started new arc which will take 24 eps or something... Therefore, I really doubt he will meet his father just at the beginning of arc.

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by LunarLexal on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:04 am

Ovyda wrote:
I heard they already started new arc which will take 24 eps or something... Therefore, I really doubt he will meet his father just at the beginning of arc.
Well, maybe he goes on an adventure with him or something.

But in all seriousness, I'm betting that it isn't him. I'm just throwing ideas out there for the sake of a conversation.

_________________
MyAnimeList/AnimePlanet
avatar
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 21
Location : Utah
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Sporadic on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:59 am

It's probably not Ging. Seems too soon. It accomplishes the story's underlying objective way too fast. It also seems uncharacteristic as Ging is setting up trial after trial to make Gon stronger by exploiting his urge to have his reunion with his father. I'm thinking it will be Gon's next clue on the direction to find Ging. Very predictable for this type of anime.

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by steveyk on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:30 am

Spoiler:

My funniest moment in HxH so far, isn't it carrying on from where it left off last time now? At last some fresh content for the anime.

steveyk
Admin
Admin

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-01-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Sporadic on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Yeah it started past where the original series left of in like December. They just finished adapting that Greed island arc and the Grred Island Final, which they finished in the original series as OVAs. Now they're about to start on the Chimera Ant arc which is going to be new animation all together.

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Jayvon on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Bato wrote:
Jayvon wrote:
Bato wrote:
Jayvon wrote:Hunter x Hunter is a very good anime. The only anime that can go up against it is One Peice. I hope they air it for a really long time. It's so unique, it's the first time I'e heard of sombody fighting with a fishing pole. This shit is BADASS

Imo its not even close to One Piece. Naruto is the closest for me if you ignore the fillers.

Edit: Just realized your only on ep. 117 I think some of the stuff mentioned below might be spoilers for you.

Spoiler:
HxH is more exiting Naruto just feels dead. It's been over 200 eps. and he's still trying to bring Sauske back, is he gay? It's been the same story for the entire series. the only thing that has changed is sauske trying to destroy Konoha. And not to mention the fights they are so boring now. Naruto just comes out of no where does a rasengan the size of Jupiter and boom enemy defeated. It's no where near One Piece. I honestly would rather watch Fairy Tail. And when naruto finally defeated pain and everybody in the village finally recognized him I felt no emotion whats so ever they just took too long. Naruto just feels off.

I finally can read this and this is ofcourse your opinion, but i totally disagree. (this is about Naruto, not HxH)

Spoiler:
Hunter x Hunter will never be as good as Naruto. The story isnt as good and the emotions arent even close. In fact, there is no emotions in Hunter x Hunter actually. Fairy Tail is nothing compared to Naruto.

I guess its not an anime for you then, although its hard for me to understand someone cant like this. I felt so much emotions throughout the whole fight, story and afterwards the battle with Pain.


Yea Bato you're totally right I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that, well it's probably because people spoiled the living shit out of it for me. But yea Naruto is way better than HxH.

_________________
avatar
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2013-02-17
Age : 21
Location : FT. Lauderdale, FL
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Bato on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:06 pm

Glad you turned around on that one Razz

_________________


MyAnimeList
avatar
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 26
Location : Holland
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by steveyk on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:28 pm

I don't think Naruto even compares. I mean you don't see HxH constantly repeating events to fill up time. And going overboard explaining all moves during fight scenes.

steveyk
Admin
Admin

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-01-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Ovyda on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:36 pm

steveyk wrote:I don't think Naruto even compares. I mean you don't see HxH constantly repeating events to fill up time. And going overboard explaining all moves during fight scenes.

You don't see HxH showing any proper emotional episodes as well. Pretty much straight to the point. I think these shows are just too different to compare.

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Bato on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:17 pm

Naruto has a better story, storyline, better characters, more emotions, fights are arguably but since HxH sometimes skips fights and shows parts of it later on i'd say Naruto wins in that one aswell, Naruto let more daring events happen and keeps the story amazing with it. I could name 100 reasons why Naruto is better than HxH.

But imo Naruto is alot better because i have never been bored while watching it and i cant say that for HxH.

_________________


MyAnimeList
avatar
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 26
Location : Holland
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by steveyk on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:21 pm

You could, but it wouldn't make them right Razz I could also give plenty. Like i said, it doesn't compare. The only commonality is that both could be called shounen to an extent. But then again look at Kurapika's story after the hunter trials, it's pretty dark for shounen.

steveyk
Admin
Admin

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-01-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Bato on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:45 pm

Why? Alot of shounens get dark at times.

_________________


MyAnimeList
avatar
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 26
Location : Holland
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Ovyda on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:47 pm

And yet he doesn't kill anyone... this is what HxH lacks imo Sad So does Fairy Tail. I need more deaths Very Happy

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Bato on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Ovyda wrote:And yet he doesn't kill anyone... this is what HxH lacks imo Sad So does Fairy Tail. I need more deaths Very Happy

But you know.. In Fairy Tail when people are about to get killed, they get saved by the power of friendship!

_________________


MyAnimeList
avatar
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 26
Location : Holland
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by steveyk on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:32 pm

The only time I really enjoyed naruto is when he fought pain but the sheer amount of filler in Naruto is what really turns me off of the series. The creators are so desperate for money they would rather create filler than put the series on hiatus to get bucks.

A lot of people have died so far in hunter x hunter ovyda, they are just not the main characters.

steveyk
Admin
Admin

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-01-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Bato on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:51 pm

I cant judge how much i would mind the filler yet as im catching up and skipping all the fillers. Although even when im caught up i can just ignore the fillers and pretend its on hiatus while they are actually airing a filler. Thats what i did during Fairy Tail filler aswell. Further i dont rate a show on how the anime people portray it, i rather rate it on the story that the mangaka made.

And letting main characters, or important characters die while keeping the story good is what makes a show great. Naruto is good at that and HxH has not done that (yet).

But if you only enjoyed the fight with Pain, then i can understand you like HxH more. I would have dropped it long ago if i didnt like the first 300+ eps

_________________


MyAnimeList
avatar
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 26
Location : Holland
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Jayvon on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Ovyda wrote:And yet he doesn't kill anyone... this is what HxH lacks imo Sad So does Fairy Tail. I need more deaths Very Happy

Uuuuuum...... Are you forgetting the Phantom Troupe arc when they killed off the mafi & all the bidders? Also the guy that Kurapika killed, fucking bitt piece of a guys head off (With skull and brain) and swallowed that shit. HxH takes murder to a whole new level. And these people give up limbs in fights like it's normal, the characters are insane! But the real reason why Naruto is better than HxH or incomparable right now is because of the number of episodes it has. I grew up with Naruto. But I guarantee if HxH continues how its been going and adds more of that emotional aspect to it, and Gon changes his long term goal, it will soon surpass Naruto.

_________________
avatar
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2013-02-17
Age : 21
Location : FT. Lauderdale, FL
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Ovyda on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:32 pm

Jayvon wrote:
Ovyda wrote:And yet he doesn't kill anyone... this is what HxH lacks imo Sad So does Fairy Tail. I need more deaths Very Happy

Uuuuuum...... Are you forgetting the Phantom Troupe arc when they killed off the mafi & all the bidders? Also the guy that Kurapika killed, fucking bitt piece of a guys head off (With skull and brain) and swallowed that shit. HxH takes murder to a whole new level. And these people give up limbs in fights like it's normal, the characters are insane! But the real reason why Naruto is better than HxH or incomparable right now is because of the number of episodes it has. I grew up with Naruto. But I guarantee if HxH continues how its been going and adds more of that emotional aspect to it, and Gon changes his long term goal, it will soon surpass Naruto.

I am talking about main characters. The only death I agree that was something important and awesome was that dude from Phantom Troupe, but all the others are really minor characters... Looking at other big shounens like One Piece and Naruto, they used very important characters to die, but this just improved the story and gave a feeling that almost anyone can die and you never know what to expect, while HxH it's quite predictable and usually they don't even kill antagonists, like in this case bombers... they seriously are serial killers and yet...

However, don't get me wrong, I love HxH and their awesome fights (wish they were longer tho) Very Happy

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Jayvon on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Jayvon wrote:
Ovyda wrote:And yet he doesn't kill anyone... this is what HxH lacks imo Sad So does Fairy Tail. I need more deaths Very Happy

Uuuuuum...... Are you forgetting the Phantom Troupe arc when they killed off the mafi & all the bidders? Also the guy that Kurapika killed, fucking bitt piece of a guys head off (With skull and brain) and swallowed that shit. HxH takes murder to a whole new level. And these people give up limbs in fights like it's normal, the characters are insane! But the real reason why Naruto is better than HxH or incomparable right now is because of the number of episodes it has. I grew up with Naruto. But I guarantee if HxH continues how its been going and adds more of that emotional aspect to it, and Gon changes his long term goal, it will soon surpass Naruto.


EDITED by Ovyda. REASON: Bato hasn't seen this part yet and doesn't know anything about it. (I just put spoiler tags)
Spoiler:
That's one thing that's bad about Naruto though, even if an important character dies you see them brought back to life later on with the reanimation jutsu. It kinda makes the whole battle they previously had feel pointless.

_________________
avatar
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2013-02-17
Age : 21
Location : FT. Lauderdale, FL
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Shadow_Links on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 pm

Even in the Greed Island arc, the bombers were killing people. I think I get that you'd rather have an emotional tie to the killer or victim. In the next arc or 2 you may find it though. (i say this because the next arc is double the size any other arc, assuming no fillers)

I'm interested on how they will do certain parts which were written much differently than normal.

If there was any issue that I had with the manga, it was when the art got bad before hiatus. I mean REALLY BAD. So it will be really nice to see it animated with quality. Other than that I've loved the story.

Example of the art. (I tried to avoid any spoilers)
Spoiler:

_________________
avatar
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 26
Location : Virginia
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Ovyda on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Jayvon wrote:
Jayvon wrote:
Ovyda wrote:And yet he doesn't kill anyone... this is what HxH lacks imo Sad So does Fairy Tail. I need more deaths Very Happy

Uuuuuum...... Are you forgetting the Phantom Troupe arc when they killed off the mafi & all the bidders? Also the guy that Kurapika killed, fucking bitt piece of a guys head off (With skull and brain) and swallowed that shit. HxH takes murder to a whole new level. And these people give up limbs in fights like it's normal, the characters are insane! But the real reason why Naruto is better than HxH or incomparable right now is because of the number of episodes it has. I grew up with Naruto. But I guarantee if HxH continues how its been going and adds more of that emotional aspect to it, and Gon changes his long term goal, it will soon surpass Naruto.


EDITED by Ovyda. REASON: Bato hasn't seen this part yet and doesn't know anything about it. (I just put spoiler tags)
Spoiler:
That's one thing that's bad about Naruto though, even if an important character dies you see them brought back to life later on with the reanimation jutsu. It kinda makes the whole battle they previously had feel pointless.

Spoiler:
I wonder if you really understand what this reanimation jutsu is? They are like puppets, nothing more nothing less. Moreover, they are sealed/killed anyway, so it's not like they are revived. Only their dead body is used by Kabuto temporarily and that's it.

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Ovyda on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Shadow_Links wrote:Even in the Greed Island arc, the bombers were killing people. I think I get that you'd rather have an emotional tie to the killer or victim. In the next arc or 2 you may find it though. (i say this because the next arc is double the size any other arc, assuming no fillers)

I'm interested on how they will do certain parts which were written much differently than normal.

If there was any issue that I had with the manga, it was when the art got bad before hiatus. I mean REALLY BAD. So it will be really nice to see it animated with quality. Other than that I've loved the story.

Example of the art. (I tried to avoid any spoilers)
Spoiler:

This art is WOW LOL

_________________

avatar
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Lithuania/UK
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Sporadic on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:24 am


_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Hunter x Hunter(2011) discussion thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum