Anime which you didn't expect to be translated?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anime which you didn't expect to be translated?

Post by plantkingman on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:29 pm

Some anime we more or less expect to be translated especially if they get licensed by certain companies like Funimation.
For me I didn't expect:
Infinite Stratos
Princess Resurrection
especially since they were licensed by Sentai film works who pick and choose which anime they translate.
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Re: Anime which you didn't expect to be translated?

Post by Sporadic on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Inuyasha The Final Act. They took so damn long on it considering how popular the dub was in America.

Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Paniponi Dash!. I thought this sort of Japanese weirdness would be too niche to recieve a English translation but i was totally wrong. Actually that's been proven wrong again as it was recently announce that Kill Me Baby will be getting an English dub as well.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
The Greatest Anime Music Playlist!... or it will be someday.
BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 309

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:58 pm

BlurredExistence wrote:Paniponi Dash!. I thought this sort of Japanese weirdness would be too niche to recieve a English translation but i was totally wrong. Actually that's been proven wrong again as it was recently announce that Kill Me Baby will be getting an English dub as well.

It's because of random stuff like this I hold on to hope that LOGH gets a dub one day....
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:01 am

Doomguy wrote:
BlurredExistence wrote:Paniponi Dash!. I thought this sort of Japanese weirdness would be too niche to recieve a English translation but i was totally wrong. Actually that's been proven wrong again as it was recently announce that Kill Me Baby will be getting an English dub as well.

It's because of random stuff like this I hold on to hope that LOGH gets a dub one day....

I've still yet to watch that. It's on my list but i keep shooting it down when considering it against all the others i'm planning to watch.

BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:09 am

BlurredExistence wrote:
Doomguy wrote:

I've still yet to watch that. It's on my list but i keep shooting it down when considering it against all the others i'm planning to watch.

It's like 120 episodes subbed. Slow and steady with a deep complex story. In it's most basic form a very brilliant benevolent monarch versus a very corrupt democracy. Two men on opposing sides fighting in a galactic war. I hope your reading skills are up to the challenge and you have the right mindset and patience to sit it through.
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 am

Doomguy wrote:
BlurredExistence wrote:
Doomguy wrote:

It's like 120 episodes subbed. Slow and steady with a deep complex story. In it's most basic form a very brilliant benevolent monarch versus a very corrupt democracy. Two men on opposing sides fighting in a galactic war. I hope your reading skills are up to the challenge and you have the right mindset and patience to sit it through.

I do have that sort of mind set. In fact i tend to watch subbed anime anyway (what the heck am i doing here? = p) and i love the sort of cerebral complex story lines where you see the plans being planned out, set up and put into motion and a slow pace usually suits me quite well after something bright bouncy and moe (i'm old i need a rest after that crap). The only thing i think that might be a turn off for me is the artwork, but i don't think that's a good enough reason to shoot it down. Also that number is a bit off putting. Quite an undertaking, especially as i don't tend to watch several animes at a time i dedicate myself to one and keep going till that's done and move on to the next. Still it does sound interesting i'll give it some serious thought.

BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:22 am

I won't lie 120 episodes is a lot to sit and read through especially since this is a slow pace space drama. (some action here and there). I don't recommend this to the "average" anime viewer. This is a cult classic and should be treated as such.

I will never forget this anime though I can tell you that!
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by BlurredExistence on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:12 am

Doomguy wrote:I will never forget this anime though I can tell you that!

That line in itself is extremely high praise for anything, let alone anime.

BlurredExistence
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top