Problem in Posting.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem in Posting.

Post by johnstang2 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:16 am

Is anyone else having problems seeing emoticons and the other formatting tools for posting here?

The only thing I see in the posting ledger is the 'Others' button. I can't see anything else nor the Emoticons.

What gives?

_________________
Signature courtesy of L3GION
MAL
avatar
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 50
Location : Here, There, Nowhere, and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by johnstang2 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:38 am

fixed it by getting rid of Adblock Plus. Swear it was more trouble than it was worth.

_________________
Signature courtesy of L3GION
MAL
avatar
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 50
Location : Here, There, Nowhere, and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by Sporadic on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:21 am

I use Adblock Plus and don't have problems like that. What browser?

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by Hatless on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:22 am

^ same i also use Adblock plus and have no issues (i am on firefox)

_________________
Spoiler:

I wonder if anyone ever opens this.
avatar
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : if i told you, you would kill me XD
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by Zwei on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:58 am

No Problems here either(Adblock plus + firefox)
avatar
Zwei
Academy Student

Male Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-01-24
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by johnstang2 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:01 am

I also use Firefox so it must have been a fluck somehow but weird as it corrected itself when I got rid of Adblock Plus.

_________________
Signature courtesy of L3GION
MAL
avatar
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 50
Location : Here, There, Nowhere, and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by Zwei on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:03 am

johnstang2 wrote:I also use Firefox so it must have been a fluck somehow but weird as it corrected itself when I got rid of Adblock Plus.

Maybe for some reason your adblock plus was blocking the images? If so you could probably fix that fairly easily.
avatar
Zwei
Academy Student

Male Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-01-24
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by johnstang2 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:44 am

Zwei wrote:
johnstang2 wrote:I also use Firefox so it must have been a fluck somehow but weird as it corrected itself when I got rid of Adblock Plus.

Maybe for some reason your adblock plus was blocking the images? If so you could probably fix that fairly easily.

I discovered what it was. After reinstalling Adblock I fiddled with it and came across something called 'custom filters'. I got rid of that and everything went back to normal with Adblock back in place. Very Happy

Thanks everyone for your help. cheers

_________________
Signature courtesy of L3GION
MAL
avatar
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 50
Location : Here, There, Nowhere, and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by MrYoSo901 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 am

issues? yeah the new interface is harder compared to the old forum. Like using url tags for example. In the old forum all you have to do is highlight a text, click the url thumbnail, paste the link and click ok. Now you can't do that, the url thumbnail always uses the link as a text. And if you're inserting an image, you it won't place it anymore where the text cursor is located, it always inserts the image tag on the last line.
avatar
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Posts : 292
Join date : 2013-01-19
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by Metazoxan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:11 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:issues? yeah the new interface is harder compared to the old forum. Like using url tags for example. In the old forum all you have to do is highlight a text, click the url thumbnail, paste the link and click ok. Now you can't do that, the url thumbnail always uses the link as a text. And if you're inserting an image, you it won't place it anymore where the text cursor is located, it always inserts the image tag on the last line.

Yeah I know it makes editing a post so much more annoying.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by johnstang2 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:53 am

Metazoxan wrote:
MrYoSo901 wrote:issues? yeah the new interface is harder compared to the old forum. Like using url tags for example. In the old forum all you have to do is highlight a text, click the url thumbnail, paste the link and click ok. Now you can't do that, the url thumbnail always uses the link as a text. And if you're inserting an image, you it won't place it anymore where the text cursor is located, it always inserts the image tag on the last line.

Yeah I know it makes editing a post so much more annoying.

Wishing he understood the old forum better. I use copy/paste and cut/paste so much in other stuff that this forum is a piece of cake for me.

_________________
Signature courtesy of L3GION
MAL
avatar
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 50
Location : Here, There, Nowhere, and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by MrYoSo901 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 pm

johnstang2 wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
MrYoSo901 wrote:issues? yeah the new interface is harder compared to the old forum. Like using url tags for example. In the old forum all you have to do is highlight a text, click the url thumbnail, paste the link and click ok. Now you can't do that, the url thumbnail always uses the link as a text. And if you're inserting an image, you it won't place it anymore where the text cursor is located, it always inserts the image tag on the last line.

Yeah I know it makes editing a post so much more annoying.

Wishing he understood the old forum better. I use copy/paste and cut/paste so much in other stuff that this forum is a piece of cake for me.


in the old forum you don't even have to do that. just click some buttons and you're ready to go.
avatar
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Posts : 292
Join date : 2013-01-19
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by Sporadic on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:07 pm

Am I the only one who manually types the bbcode?

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by LunarLexal on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Sporadic wrote:Am I the only one who manually types the bbcode?

I used to, on the old Jd forums. But not the color, I only typed out the smileys.
avatar
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 20
Location : Utah
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by Zwei on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:36 am

Sporadic wrote:Am I the only one who manually types the bbcode?

I usually do.
avatar
Zwei
Academy Student

Male Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-01-24
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by johnstang2 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:13 am

Why do things manually when you have menus that saves time?

_________________
Signature courtesy of L3GION
MAL
avatar
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 50
Location : Here, There, Nowhere, and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by MrYoSo901 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 am

i'm forced to manually input the tags in this current forum, doesn't really matter since i'm a fast typer, the problem comes in when i'm inserting large and complex content that needs a lot of formatting like images contained within multiple spoilers with bolded text headers etc etc.....
avatar
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Posts : 292
Join date : 2013-01-19
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by Zwei on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:57 pm

MrYoSo901 wrote:i'm forced to manually input the tags in this current forum, doesn't really matter since i'm a fast typer, the problem comes in when i'm inserting large and complex content that needs a lot of formatting like images contained within multiple spoilers with bolded text headers etc etc.....

Yea that pretty much sums it up.
avatar
Zwei
Academy Student

Male Posts : 20
Join date : 2013-01-24
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by LunarLexal on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:54 pm

johnstang2 wrote:Why do things manually when you have menus that saves time?

Because sometimes, the menu doesn't work due to ad-blockers.
avatar
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 20
Location : Utah
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem in Posting.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum