Image limit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Image limit?

Post by Metazoxan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 pm

I was just wondering if this forum even had an image limit? I tried to figure it out by posting the same pic over and over and hitting preview but I was up to 80 pics and still no indication of a limit. So does that mean there is no limit?

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by Severus on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Well we kinda figured we would trust you, but if it gets out of hand we will put a limit.

_________________

^Done by me.
avatar
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
Join date : 2013-01-17
Location : USA
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by Metazoxan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Severus wrote:Well we kinda figured we would trust you, but if it gets out of hand we will put a limit.

Okay. I don't intend to post 80 pics at once or even close to that. But since the old limit was 30 I was 30 I wondered if this one would have one. Kinda cool that you don't have one though. If for some reason someone needs to post a LOT of pics at once then they can.

Hey what if there was a way to make it so that you could only post as many pics as you have post count. So someone with 30 posts could post 30 pics. Then the only people who could abuse it would be those who we should be able to trust not to. That probably isn't possible but it would be kinda fun if it was.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by joshier on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:10 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Severus wrote:Well we kinda figured we would trust you, but if it gets out of hand we will put a limit.

Okay. I don't intend to post 80 pics at once or even close to that. But since the old limit was 30 I was 30 I wondered if this one would have one. Kinda cool that you don't have one though. If for some reason someone needs to post a LOT of pics at once then they can.

Hey what if there was a way to make it so that you could only post as many pics as you have post count. So someone with 30 posts could post 30 pics. Then the only people who could abuse it would be those who we should be able to trust not to. That probably isn't possible but it would be kinda fun if it was.

I believe that can be coded (Based on my own experiments), but that wouldn't quite work as you would just need to spam to boost your count and from there your image count

_________________
Interested in Text Based Role Playing? Check out http://tbrp.forumotion.co.uk/
avatar
joshier
Shinigami

Male Posts : 203
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 21
Location : Essex, UK
Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by Metazoxan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:16 pm

joshier wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Severus wrote:Well we kinda figured we would trust you, but if it gets out of hand we will put a limit.

Okay. I don't intend to post 80 pics at once or even close to that. But since the old limit was 30 I was 30 I wondered if this one would have one. Kinda cool that you don't have one though. If for some reason someone needs to post a LOT of pics at once then they can.

Hey what if there was a way to make it so that you could only post as many pics as you have post count. So someone with 30 posts could post 30 pics. Then the only people who could abuse it would be those who we should be able to trust not to. That probably isn't possible but it would be kinda fun if it was.

I believe that can be coded (Based on my own experiments), but that wouldn't quite work as you would just need to spam to boost your count and from there your image count

Yeah but you would have to spam an insane amount to reach any post number that would be a problem in terms of pics. Plus who would spam like 50 posts just to post 50 pics at once? By the time they did all that spamming they would be about to be banned. Obviously it could be exploited if someone really wanted to but it seems like it would work is preventing spam bots and trolls from causing trouble. Then if one or two idiots do abuse it just ban them or restrict their pic posting ability.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by Skeptical on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Why not have a karma/reputation system? You can use that as the base for the amount of pictures you're able to post in a thread/reply, for example say you have 0 karma/reputation you can only post 4 images in each thread/reply. Which means if you have 1 karma/reputation you can post 8, and so forth... Which is also a good way to reward the loyal and trust able members of the community.

P.S. If i made no sense just say and I'll explain it again tomorrow.

_________________

Skeptical
Academy Student

Male Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by joshier on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Skeptical wrote:Why not have a karma/reputation system? You can use that as the base for the amount of pictures you're able to post in a thread/reply, for example say you have 0 karma/reputation you can only post 4 images in each thread/reply. Which means if you have 1 karma/reputation you can post 8, and so forth... Which is also a good way to reward the loyal and trust able members of the community.

P.S. If i made no sense just say and I'll explain it again tomorrow.

The forums do come equipped with both a post count and point system.. but the point system works similar to post counts unless given the points manually by admins which would be a pain to do

_________________
Interested in Text Based Role Playing? Check out http://tbrp.forumotion.co.uk/
avatar
joshier
Shinigami

Male Posts : 203
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 21
Location : Essex, UK
Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by Sporadic on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Skeptical wrote:Why not have a karma/reputation system? You can use that as the base for the amount of pictures you're able to post in a thread/reply, for example say you have 0 karma/reputation you can only post 4 images in each thread/reply. Which means if you have 1 karma/reputation you can post 8, and so forth... Which is also a good way to reward the loyal and trust able members of the community.

P.S. If i made no sense just say and I'll explain it again tomorrow.

We specifically turned the rep system off because nothing good ever comes from it.

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by Doomguy on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:05 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Skeptical wrote:Why not have a karma/reputation system? You can use that as the base for the amount of pictures you're able to post in a thread/reply, for example say you have 0 karma/reputation you can only post 4 images in each thread/reply. Which means if you have 1 karma/reputation you can post 8, and so forth... Which is also a good way to reward the loyal and trust able members of the community.

P.S. If i made no sense just say and I'll explain it again tomorrow.

We specifically turned the rep system off because nothing good ever comes from it.

Honestly, we are not large enough for such a system. I might approve of the idea in some huge mega site when dealing with complete strangers but not here. A good idea but not for this site.
avatar
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 27
Location : High security asylum room in JD
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by MiniSiets on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 pm

A rep system would be easily abused. Also I'm appreciating the lesser restrictions of this forum. We could add an image limit eventually but it doesn't seem like we need to right now.

_________________

MAL Profile | YouTube Channel | Blog
avatar
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 27
Location : Future Gadget Lab
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by Belsfir on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:36 pm

I remember an old topic on the rep system that was heavily discussed, the result was that it is not needed

_________________
avatar
Belsfir
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 138
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 22
Location : Somewhere
Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by Metazoxan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:44 pm

MiniSiets wrote:A rep system would be easily abused. Also I'm appreciating the lesser restrictions of this forum. We could add an image limit eventually but it doesn't seem like we need to right now.

I still think the staff were to rash to completely remove the rep system before. It's like they gave it a massive upgrade. People started to abuse it. And then they just scrapped it entirely without a proper warning or even just reducing it to the basic system. I guess we don't really need one though so there is no need to add one on the new forum or this one. I'm just a little bitter about the past.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by Sporadic on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:39 pm

MiniSiets wrote:A rep system would be easily abused. Also I'm appreciating the lesser restrictions of this forum. We could add an image limit eventually but it doesn't seem like we need to right now.

Exactly. I'm only in favor of implementing such restrictions if they're being abused. On the other forum we couldn't do much of anything.

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by LunarLexal on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:05 pm

I don't think there's really a need for an image limiter. Besides the "Post your ____ pics" threads, there's not really that much images being posted, and when they are, it's usually only one per post.

_________________
MyAnimeList/AnimePlanet
avatar
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 20
Location : Utah
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Image limit?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum