Resources

Go down

Resources

Post by IloveHolo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:24 pm

Hey guys,

Lately, I have noticed my severe lack of resources ever since my laptop reset post-MegaUpload. I was never able to recover many of my downloads, as they were mainly hosted on MU. My question for you is this: Does anyone still have the render packs, c4d packs, and etc. previously posted by Brains on the old forums? Or any useful resource packs(render, c4d, texture, etc.) they would be willing to share?

In the past I would just search for a render, but I like having packs to pick a random one and build up around it from there.

_________________

MAL|Vestige of Chivalry|Ex-Staff|Ginger|I <3 you guys
Just an empty shell.
avatar
IloveHolo
Lab Member

Male Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 22
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Resources

Post by Safko on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Well my secondary computer crashed so can't help you there D:
DA is your best friend though for these kinds of things Razz
On a side note though, there should be a resources section made (:

_________________

Walsh<3
avatar
Safko
Bronze Saint

Posts : 157
Join date : 2013-01-24
Location : Paradise
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Resources

Post by Severus on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:59 am

^This is why i hate not having PS Mad
They get all the good effects while us gimp users have to make our own Sad

http://signature-lab.deviantart.com/gallery/?set=24535570&offset=24#/d5r2b8p
^this is what makes me super jelly

_________________

^Done by me.
avatar
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
Join date : 2013-01-17
Location : USA
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Resources

Post by MrYoSo901 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 am

Severus wrote:^This is why i hate not having PS Mad
They get all the good effects while us gimp users have to make our own Sad

http://signature-lab.deviantart.com/gallery/?set=24535570&offset=24#/d5r2b8p
^this is what makes me super jelly

it mentioned jpg images included you could probably use that in gimp lol.
avatar
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Posts : 292
Join date : 2013-01-19
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Resources

Post by Severus on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:08 am

yeah, I'm always looking for lightning renders so coming across that was huge Razz

_________________

^Done by me.
avatar
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
Join date : 2013-01-17
Location : USA
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Resources

Post by Hikikomori on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Severus wrote:^This is why i hate not having PS Mad
They get all the good effects while us gimp users have to make our own Sad

http://signature-lab.deviantart.com/gallery/?set=24535570&offset=24#/d5r2b8p
^this is what makes me super jelly

Agreed I don't have the money to afford PS or Dreamweaver, so I'm stuck with Gimp and Notepad ++

_________________


avatar
Hikikomori
Silver Saint

Posts : 304
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 23
Location : My house, ≈ 44° N, 91° W
Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Resources

Post by DemonEyesJoe on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:38 pm

who does the lightning have to be in JPG form QQ

_________________
In this world, evil can arise from the best intentions; and there is good that can come from evil intentions.
>>YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO CLICK THIS<<>>ALSO LET ME KNOW IF MY SIG IS TO BIG<<

| Anime-Planet | Youtube | osu! |
sex on the beach:
avatar
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 27
Location : Virginia, USA
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Resources

Post by Severus on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:48 pm

DemonEyesJoe wrote:who does the lightning have to be in JPG form QQ

Well when editing you can give it an alpha channel(able to hold transparent properties), then change to color black to alpha(transparent).

_________________

^Done by me.
avatar
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
Join date : 2013-01-17
Location : USA
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Resources

Post by DemonEyesJoe on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:54 pm

Severus wrote:
DemonEyesJoe wrote:who does the lightning have to be in JPG form QQ

Well when editing you can give it an alpha channel(able to hold transparent properties), then change to color black to alpha(transparent).

yes, but isnt that alot of work? since the colors fade from black to w/e color, wont you just end up with a big blob when doing select by color? or is there a way to invert the "blackness" into transparency? making it fade from transparent to w/e color

_________________
In this world, evil can arise from the best intentions; and there is good that can come from evil intentions.
>>YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO CLICK THIS<<>>ALSO LET ME KNOW IF MY SIG IS TO BIG<<

| Anime-Planet | Youtube | osu! |
sex on the beach:
avatar
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 27
Location : Virginia, USA
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Resources

Post by Severus on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:23 am

DemonEyesJoe wrote:
Severus wrote:
DemonEyesJoe wrote:who does the lightning have to be in JPG form QQ

Well when editing you can give it an alpha channel(able to hold transparent properties), then change to color black to alpha(transparent).

yes, but isnt that alot of work? since the colors fade from black to w/e color, wont you just end up with a big blob when doing select by color? or is there a way to invert the "blackness" into transparency? making it fade from transparent to w/e color

what program are you using? It really isn't that hard.
in gimp there is a feature that says color to alpha(alpha pretty much meaning transparent).


it's like in this sig, i made. I used the lightning from the pack and made this. all i did was make black transparent and it did the rest.

_________________

^Done by me.
avatar
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
Join date : 2013-01-17
Location : USA
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Resources

Post by DemonEyesJoe on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:52 am

THANK YOU!

i made another thread stating how much of a noob i am, this "color to alpha" is awesome!

_________________
In this world, evil can arise from the best intentions; and there is good that can come from evil intentions.
>>YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO CLICK THIS<<>>ALSO LET ME KNOW IF MY SIG IS TO BIG<<

| Anime-Planet | Youtube | osu! |
sex on the beach:
avatar
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 27
Location : Virginia, USA
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Resources

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum