The Walking Dead Discussion

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Walking Dead Discussion

Post by Sporadic on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:13 am

I noticed this thread never made it over from the old forum. And since part 2 of season 3 airs in exactly 2 weeks it seemed like this topic was overdue.

How excited is everyone for the season to continue?

Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The Walking Dead Discussion

Post by DemonEyesJoe on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:10 pm

meh, over-hyped show, you would think most of these people (those watching it) never played Left 4 Dead before...oh wait....

sorry, i find the show overly generic and is just a copy/paste of every zombie horror game/show iv seen, not the lest bit interested in the show as a whole.

also, from what iv seen....the story is WAY to much like Dead Island

| Anime-Planet | Youtube | osu! |
sex on the beach:
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:14 am

DemonEyesJoe wrote:meh, over-hyped show, you would think most of these people (those watching it) never played Left 4 Dead before...oh wait....

sorry, i find the show overly generic and is just a copy/paste of every zombie horror game/show iv seen, not the lest bit interested in the show as a whole.

also, from what iv seen....the story is WAY to much like Dead Island

Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 am

dead island was relevant after the trailer and sub par game? (walking dead had the story before it anyway)
also i love my left 4 dead and walking dead

Spoiler:
I want to see what happens with Meryl and Darrel in the new season and the pirate governor needs to stop being creepy with the jars and daughters and whatnot or get killed whichever comes first

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:56 am

i agree, that dead island was pretty crappy. tried to piggy back off of the borderlands dynamic weapon system, but its hard for me to leave games unfinished. and the final boss fight was ridiculously dumb, it was just a guy...so i shot a rocket at him and he died, game over.

theres a 2nd one comming out....i hope it improves what it lacked in the first one

and sorry, im not butthurt, its just my honest opinion on a show thats overhyped with a generic storyline.

| Anime-Planet | Youtube | osu! |
sex on the beach:
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by mgalekgolo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:15 pm

I didn't like how the items would break so quick in dead island. I do like walking dead, however. One of the first american TV shows to actually grip my attention. Walking dead, Sons of anarchy, and some family guy are about the extent of it.
But yeah, I want more!

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:29 pm

Walking Dead is the only thing left on television that I watch. I think the zombie gimmick has mostly worn out for me but because the show has managed to be so entertaining anyway I still want to keep watching.

MAL Profile | YouTube Channel | Blog
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Earl Sweatshirt on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:17 pm

I recently started and caught up with Walking Dead after a friend suggested it. It's great though I have a couple of questions regarding Michonne.

Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:41 pm

One of my favorite shows at the moment. Cant wait for it to return in 2 weeks

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead

Post by sayWut on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:26 am

The Walking dead returning feb 10th

The world we knew is gone. An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months society has crumbled. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living

With its return fast approaching I thought I should remake the original thread!

So whats everyone's prediction for the rest of the season?

BiriBiri Manager

Male Posts : 151
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:57 am

Merged with the existing thread.

Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:17 am

sayWut wrote:
The Walking dead returning feb 10th

The world we knew is gone. An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months society has crumbled. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living

With its return fast approaching I thought I should remake the original thread!

So whats everyone's prediction for the rest of the season?

Spoiler:
Next ep atleast some Darryl and Merle epicness Razz

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:54 am

ops my bad xD didn't even see this thread :O

Spoiler:
anyway yes, cant wait to see how it goes between bros in the next ep, if the ep covers it all that is. I think more or less merl ends up fighting and winning or something along those lines. However that does seem most predictable. I doubt he will get rescued during the fight at all, as there isn't really much of a time span for a rescue to happen :O
I wonder ...

BiriBiri Manager

Male Posts : 151
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMSM on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Spoiler:
NOTE: this in no way contributes and I am a fool
Spoiler:
The walking dead discussion thread! it rhymes!
also.
Never seen the show, would you guise recommend it?

A song I cannot place
JAMSM
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:30 pm

Definitely

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMSM on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:36 pm

roight then, I'll look into it

A song I cannot place
JAMSM
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:17 pm

The new episode was damn good.

Spoiler:
Darryl left with Merle but I have a feeling he's gonna be back soon. Personally I would have put Merle on a trial run in a cell by himself and just keep him under watch while he earned trust. It's honestly a better scenario than losting Darryl. And Rick seems like he's losing it again.

Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Spoiler:
yea even though meryl is a dick i feel like they could have given him a chance but than again glen may have killed him in his sleep or something and yea rick is yelling at imaginary people good job group lead!

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamn on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:09 am

Wampa wrote:
Spoiler:
yea even though meryl is a dick i feel like they could have given him a chance but than again glen may have killed him in his sleep or something and yea rick is yelling at imaginary people good job group lead!

Spoiler:
Right i still think they should of let him come back. under the condition of you screw up once your brother is going to put a built in the head. I mean at this point they need more people. Not to mention rick freaking out the new people. lol that was a good scene. I am going to wonder whats going to be in the nexr episode.

Male Posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:34 am

Sporadic wrote:The new episode was damn good.

Spoiler:
Darryl left with Merle but I have a feeling he's gonna be back soon. Personally I would have put Merle on a trial run in a cell by himself and just keep him under watch while he earned trust. It's honestly a better scenario than losting Darryl. And Rick seems like he's losing it again.
Spoiler:
I wouldn't. Merle is pure scum and beyond redemption as far as I'm concerned. It's either a bullet to his head or Daryl and his brother gotta go. As much as I like Daryl, I can't have him around at the cost of putting up with Merle's attitude every waking second, especially after what he did to Glenn and Maggie. There is no excuse for that.

MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleb_K on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:53 am

strictly predictions, I am not stating anything I know, but I think the amount of character development in Glen, Maggie, Carl, and Daryl is going to leave them safe from dying, at least unless the writers are going for pure shock, which I think they are better than that. The others I'm not so sure about, quite a few people, myself included, were expecting what happened to the other characters in the first half of the season, because they had lacked development in season 2. It is going to be big though, we are going to have the first real standoff of the series I think.
Spoiler:
I think it's going to come down to The Governor and Glen.

Male Posts : 86
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:06 am

MiniSiets wrote:
Sporadic wrote:The new episode was damn good.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I wouldn't. Merle is pure scum and beyond redemption as far as I'm concerned. It's either a bullet to his head or Daryl and his brother gotta go. As much as I like Daryl, I can't have him around at the cost of putting up with Merle's attitude every waking second, especially after what he did to Glenn and Maggie. There is no excuse for that.

Spoiler:
Personally I think with Darryl there to mediate and keep control over Merle there would be a better chance of him calming the hell down. At the very least, use it as a reason to keep Darryl there. he had no problem with Rick knocking Merle out in the forest for being too loud, you just kill Merle if he gets out of line. Very risky, no doubt. But you give him minimal duties and always keep a gun on him while hes out of the cell block. And in turn keep your most vital asset, Darryl.

Kaleb_K wrote:strictly predictions, I am not stating anything I know, but I think the amount of character development in Glen, Maggie, Carl, and Daryl is going to leave them safe from dying, at least unless the writers are going for pure shock, which I think they are better than that. The others I'm not so sure about, quite a few people, myself included, were expecting what happened to the other characters in the first half of the season, because they had lacked development in season 2. It is going to be big though, we are going to have the first real standoff of the series I think.
Spoiler:
I think it's going to come down to The Governor and Glen.

I agree about what happened with the characters at the beginning of this season. They lacked development while a lot of changes have befallen other characters.

Spoiler:
Especially T Dog, poor guy. As soon as Michonne popped up I knew it was game over for the other black person. And what's with this new guy in that one group? I haven't even bothered to learn his name yet. But the other black dude in the group. Making comments like, "I gotta be the first brother to ever break into a prison." wtf? And nobody even corrected him.

Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleb_K on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:14 am

@spor here is some info that shouldn't spoil anything, but answer your question. Dont read if you haven't caught up.
Spoiler:
He is Tyrece, sorry if i misspelled that. He is from the graphic novel that the series and video game originated from. I haven't read a lot of the story in the graphic novels, just enough to know that the series isn't parallel, and the creator of the novels wanted it that way, to develop things he never got to with the novel. From what I gather he is supposed to be a great asset, but I'm not sure on how, and when that is as far as story progression.

Male Posts : 86
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:20 am

Spoiler:
Speaking of Michonne, Rick is pissing me off with the way he's treating her. So far all she's ever done is help them out, and the fact that she's been friends with and kept Andrea safe for so long should be reason enough to at least cut her a break. I agreed with pretty much all of Rick's decisions up until just before the last episode of season 2, but ever since then he's really been going downhill.

MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:04 am

Kaleb_K wrote:@spor here is some info that shouldn't spoil anything, but answer your question. Dont read if you haven't caught up.
Spoiler:
He is Tyrece, sorry if i misspelled that. He is from the graphic novel that the series and video game originated from. I haven't read a lot of the story in the graphic novels, just enough to know that the series isn't parallel, and the creator of the novels wanted it that way, to develop things he never got to with the novel. From what I gather he is supposed to be a great asset, but I'm not sure on how, and when that is as far as story progression.

It's cool, I've been current with this show since the first episode. And a lot of the times adaptations don't run strictly parallel so some minor speculation never bothered me.

MiniSiets wrote:
Spoiler:
Speaking of Michonne, Rick is pissing me off with the way he's treating her. So far all she's ever done is help them out, and the fact that she's been friends with and kept Andrea safe for so long should be reason enough to at least cut her a break. I agreed with pretty much all of Rick's decisions up until just before the last episode of season 2, but ever since then he's really been going downhill.

Spoiler:
The pressure of Shane being gone and Rick having to solely make all the questionable decisions himself is starting to take its toll. If that was what he decided with Darryl, then that's his call. But not letting Michonne, or this new group into the ranks is a bad call. I know he's had some bad experiences with other people and has a particularly hard time with giving out his trust. But at some point you gotta realize, "Hey, not everyone is a sack of shit in this world. There's people genuinely willing to help us." Granted, he shouldn't let his guard down around new people when excepting them into his company. But damn, give them a chance. If anything you need extra meat shields when the next walker herd rolls through. And with Darryl gone, you need at least 4 more people to fill his spot. Although, judging from story progression and upcoming events I find it extremely doubtful that Darryl won't come back.

Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top