How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Jaysp656 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:23 am

I think we all agree that would be nice, but my understanding is that the rights to using Kami doesn't belong with the staff of Refuge.

The phrase "lost in the divorce" comes to mind for me but might not be completely accurate.....

_________________


Custom Themes For Win7 & 8
MAL
Anime Music:

Current Anime Library - (includes Vocaloid under Hatsune Miku Folder)

Vocaloid Library

avatar
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 25
Location : Around Chattanooga, TN
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by MrYoSo901 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Wampa wrote:do we have a second artist in mind in case we cant get a hold of the original?

http://instantip.deviantart.com/gallery/

http://zak-o.deviantart.com/gallery/

Very Happy
avatar
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Posts : 292
Join date : 2013-01-19
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Doomguy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:10 pm

If only you guy's created Kami with super magic powers she would have been able to escape back to us. You know with all the skirts and magic wands Wink
avatar
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 28
Location : High security asylum room in JD
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Belsfir on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Doomguy wrote:If only you guy's created Kami with super magic powers she would have been able to escape back to us. You know with all the skirts and magic wands Wink

Don't forget the ribbons, every mahou shoujo has ribbons for some reason.

_________________
avatar
Belsfir
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 138
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 22
Location : Somewhere
Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by AlucArd_1590 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:30 pm

So any idea on the new mascot's name or does that come after she is created

I'm also assuming the gender to be female it just seems like the natural kind of thing in my opinion

_________________


"sanity!? what would I do with something as useless as that?" Kenpachi Zaraki
avatar
AlucArd_1590
Lab Member

Male Posts : 21
Join date : 2013-03-10
Age : 27
Location : where my feet take me

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Taco Party on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:18 am

"How Would You Design Our Mascot?"


More ecchi.

_________________
avatar
Taco Party
Lab Member

Female Posts : 9
Join date : 2013-02-02

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Akira on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:10 pm

There was a name suggested but I can't quite remember. That or we decided to have whoever makes her give here a name.
avatar
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140
Join date : 2013-01-27
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Sporadic on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm in favor of taking suggestions for the name and then voting on the most popular ones so the community has a say in it.

But that's just me, not sure how its going to actually be done.

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Jayvon on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 pm

No girl colors thats for sure it would be something bad ass like the soul eater sign

_________________
avatar
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197
Join date : 2013-02-17
Age : 21
Location : FT. Lauderdale, FL
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Ginger7327 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Taco Party wrote: "How Would You Design Our Mascot?"


More ecchi.

No complaints here.

I'm not sure if this was asked, but is there going to be any backstory with the new mascot and Kami?
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I think it would be intriguing if the new mascot was like Kami's sister or at least had a relation with Kami. Then someone could write up a lore about her and Kami.
I would love to do it, but I am no writer.

Thoughts, anyone?

_________________
avatar
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 23
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by AlucArd_1590 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Ginger7327 wrote:
Taco Party wrote: "How Would You Design Our Mascot?"


More ecchi.

No complaints here.

I'm not sure if this was asked, but is there going to be any backstory with the new mascot and Kami?
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I think it would be intriguing if the new mascot was like Kami's sister or at least had a relation with Kami. Then someone could write up a lore about her and Kami.
I would love to do it, but I am no writer.

Thoughts, anyone?

that would be pretty cool. That way we still get Kami in a matter of speaking, however this could require more than just a writer but also an editor as well as the approval of site manager and other site administrators and not to mention this can be a whole new fan base assuming it catches the eye of viewers. This could help the new site stand out from the other anime streaming sites and that's not even adding the selection of anime the site will have once its up and running. However this is all assumption at the moment and if the new site stands-out too much it could catch the eyes of some very unhappy people

_________________


"sanity!? what would I do with something as useless as that?" Kenpachi Zaraki
avatar
AlucArd_1590
Lab Member

Male Posts : 21
Join date : 2013-03-10
Age : 27
Location : where my feet take me

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Ginger7327 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 pm

AlucArd_1590 wrote:
Ginger7327 wrote:
Taco Party wrote: "How Would You Design Our Mascot?"


More ecchi.

No complaints here.

I'm not sure if this was asked, but is there going to be any backstory with the new mascot and Kami?
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I think it would be intriguing if the new mascot was like Kami's sister or at least had a relation with Kami. Then someone could write up a lore about her and Kami.
I would love to do it, but I am no writer.

Thoughts, anyone?

that would be pretty cool. That way we still get Kami in a matter of speaking, however this could require more than just a writer but also an editor as well as the approval of site manager and other site administrators and not to mention this can be a whole new fan base assuming it catches the eye of viewers. This could help the new site stand out from the other anime streaming sites and that's not even adding the selection of anime the site will have once its up and running. However this is all assumption at the moment and if the new site stands-out too much it could catch the eyes of some very unhappy people

I wasn't thinking a whole like story about the new mascot. Just a few paragraphs maybe, just to let people get to know her. I think it would be good for the site as well, but I do see your counterpoint. It would be risky, I suppose.

_________________
avatar
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 23
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Grimripper20 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 am

Ginger7327 wrote:
Taco Party wrote: "How Would You Design Our Mascot?"


More ecchi.

No complaints here.

I'm not sure if this was asked, but is there going to be any backstory with the new mascot and Kami?
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I think it would be intriguing if the new mascot was like Kami's sister or at least had a relation with Kami. Then someone could write up a lore about her and Kami.
I would love to do it, but I am no writer.

Thoughts, anyone?

well I know it was talked about earlier in this forum and I think it was agreed that she was going to be Kami's sister as for the name IDK
avatar
Grimripper20
Gillian

Male Posts : 32
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Pennsylvania
i4Japan

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by vashnik on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Ginger7327 wrote:
I wasn't thinking a whole like story about the new mascot. Just a few paragraphs maybe, just to let people get to know her. I think it would be good for the site as well, but I do see your counterpoint. It would be risky, I suppose.

For the most part it's already been agreed that the new mascot would be related to Kami in some way. Those that participated in the discussion all agreed (at least all the posts implied an agreement) to the new mascot being Kami's sister.

The mascot's current dubbed named is Arisu, named by Red. So we have at least one name, however the name is still open for discussion.

_________________
avatar
vashnik
Lab Member

Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Ginger7327 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:10 pm

vashnik wrote:
Ginger7327 wrote:
I wasn't thinking a whole like story about the new mascot. Just a few paragraphs maybe, just to let people get to know her. I think it would be good for the site as well, but I do see your counterpoint. It would be risky, I suppose.

For the most part it's already been agreed that the new mascot would be related to Kami in some way. Those that participated in the discussion all agreed (at least all the posts implied an agreement) to the new mascot being Kami's sister.

The mascot's current dubbed named is Arisu, named by Red. So we have at least one name, however the name is still open for discussion.

All sounds good, I like the name.
+1 vote - Arisu

_________________
avatar
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 23
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by AlucArd_1590 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 am




All sounds good, I like the name.
+1 vote - Arisu[/quote]

I second that
+2 votes - Arisu

_________________


"sanity!? what would I do with something as useless as that?" Kenpachi Zaraki
avatar
AlucArd_1590
Lab Member

Male Posts : 21
Join date : 2013-03-10
Age : 27
Location : where my feet take me

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Akira on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:57 pm

I third that.
Anyway whats the word on the artist? Are we still trying to contact the original or are we looking for a alternate?
avatar
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140
Join date : 2013-01-27
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by AlucArd_1590 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 pm

That is a good question I have been wondering the same thing it's been a while since that question was asked

_________________


"sanity!? what would I do with something as useless as that?" Kenpachi Zaraki
avatar
AlucArd_1590
Lab Member

Male Posts : 21
Join date : 2013-03-10
Age : 27
Location : where my feet take me

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Colme on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:51 am

[quote="vashnik"]
Ginger7327 wrote:For the most part it's already been agreed that the new mascot would be related to Kami in some way. Those that participated in the discussion all agreed (at least all the posts implied an agreement) to the new mascot being Kami's sister.

I already have a plan for how Kami/the New Mascot will be incorporated into the Site Game. There are "related" in a sense, but not as sisters. I'm not going to spoil it, but I think most people will be happy with the interpretation since it incorporates the transition between sites.

_________________
avatar
Colme
Bronze Saint

Posts : 216
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 23
Location : Ottawa
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Grimripper20 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:12 am

[quote="Colme"]
vashnik wrote:
Ginger7327 wrote:For the most part it's already been agreed that the new mascot would be related to Kami in some way. Those that participated in the discussion all agreed (at least all the posts implied an agreement) to the new mascot being Kami's sister.

I already have a plan for how Kami/the New Mascot will be incorporated into the Site Game. There are "related" in a sense, but not as sisters. I'm not going to spoil it, but I think most people will be happy with the interpretation since it incorporates the transition between sites.

well however it turns out I look forward to it Smile
avatar
Grimripper20
Gillian

Male Posts : 32
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 28
Location : Pennsylvania
i4Japan

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by vashnik on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:17 am

LMAO. Colme, you forgot to take out the open quite tag with Ginger's name in it. Grimripper20 quoted you and it made it look like what you said was posted by me. Had me confused until I saw the open tag without a closing. I kept thinking, "wait, since when did I make plans for how to incorporate Kami and the new mascot in the game." Made me feel like I wrote all that while blacking out.

Grimripper20 wrote:
Colme wrote:
Vashnik wrote:For the most part it's already been agreed that the new mascot would be related to Kami in some way. Those that participated in the discussion all agreed (at least all the posts implied an agreement) to the new mascot being Kami's sister.

I already have a plan for how Kami/the New Mascot will be incorporated into the Site Game. There are "related" in a sense, but not as sisters. I'm not going to spoil it, but I think most people will be happy with the interpretation since it incorporates the transition between sites.

well however it turns out I look forward to it Smile

There, fixed.

_________________
avatar
vashnik
Lab Member

Posts : 64
Join date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Requiem on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:13 am

What about if we keep it similar to the old mascot, long hair, cute, female, and able to be turned into a chibi. But have two of them. One with a Tsundere personality and the other it's polar opposite? That way it also shows the complexity and differences of anime as a whole, and doesn't focus on a small portion. You could do it similar to the Kagamine Vocaloid twins even.
avatar
Requiem
Gillian

Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-03-27
Age : 21
Location : Alberta, Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by AlucArd_1590 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Requiem wrote:What about if we keep it similar to the old mascot, long hair, cute, female, and able to be turned into a chibi. But have two of them. One with a Tsundere personality and the other it's polar opposite? That way it also shows the complexity and differences of anime as a whole, and doesn't focus on a small portion. You could do it similar to the Kagamine Vocaloid twins even.

I can see where you are coming from but I don't think fans at least me would like to see a copy and past version of Kami with different hair colour or different clothing. In my personal opinion that would be kind an insult to the original Kami and this is also a chance to do something original than another imitation

again this is just my opinion

_________________


"sanity!? what would I do with something as useless as that?" Kenpachi Zaraki
avatar
AlucArd_1590
Lab Member

Male Posts : 21
Join date : 2013-03-10
Age : 27
Location : where my feet take me

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Akira on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:14 pm

AlucArd_1590 wrote:
Requiem wrote:What about if we keep it similar to the old mascot, long hair, cute, female, and able to be turned into a chibi. But have two of them. One with a Tsundere personality and the other it's polar opposite? That way it also shows the complexity and differences of anime as a whole, and doesn't focus on a small portion. You could do it similar to the Kagamine Vocaloid twins even.

I can see where you are coming from but I don't think fans at least me would like to see a copy and past version of Kami with different hair colour or different clothing. In my personal opinion that would be kind an insult to the original Kami and this is also a chance to do something original than another imitation

again this is just my opinion
I'm of the same mind.
avatar
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140
Join date : 2013-01-27
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Inglorious Gun on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:07 am

So were are we at as of right now?

_________________
avatar
Inglorious Gun
Academy Student

Male Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-02-03
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum