The "League of Legends" Club

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by MrYoSo901 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Kusanagi wrote:Elise isn't a counter. It's not about countering the ghost minions themselves but rather countering their consequences; the ghosts cause high and frequent harass damage while giving Yorick high amounts of sustain. These two aspects are bad for Elise because she has very little sustain in melee range that can be denied and because her harass very mana intensive.

Yorick's burst damage and instant DPS aren't very high, so super sustained or tanky champions can stay in lane. Cho'Gath is probably the best bet, especially since last hitting the ghosts can sustain him if he really wants to. Strong early game champions can burst him down, but after he gets HP from levels and a Tear of the Goddess it will be hard to beat his sustain. If he's a good player, he can play carefully early game and stomp lane later, so bursting early is an option but not very reliable. Xin Zhao can do some heavy damage early game, and his sustain with Doran's Blades later on is really high, so he's an option.

yeah i had trouble with an AP yi because of his heals, i was able to constantly lower his health but he manages to recover it quickly and proceed to farming, and the ganks from the enemy jungler didn't help much either. Also had trouble killing a super passive garen that parks his as$ in the bush all day but he was too passive so i farmed safely. He only went out when the jungler was ganking which was funny 'cuz he pretty much tells me that the jungler is coming for a gank when he gets out of the bush XD. Morde was able to make and exchange whenever i harass and actually bursted me to death when he got to level six, actually that was my bad since i engaged too close to his tower and wasn't able to chase him when he got low. He got me with his ignite.
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Quinn, the upcoming champion, has her concept art out:

Spoiler:

MyAnimeList
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Kusanagi wrote:Quinn, the upcoming champion, has her concept art out:

Spoiler:

I saw this, it looks really cool Very Happy I am sure they can make some nice alternate skins for her as well.

Male Posts : 132
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Kusanagi wrote:Quinn, the upcoming champion, has her concept art out:

Spoiler:

leona x vayne x swain XD
yep, pretty cool

anyway imma loving phanteon's uber low cd Q. I love playing him at mid specially against squishy AP carries that usually mids. I only lose when the enemy jungler ganks, but a few wards will counter that. The enemy can only kill me if they burst me but aside from that phant's a pretty OP champ IMO. Well i haven't played that many mid champs but still this guy can burst some pretty awful damage. And when i hit 6 i can pretty much help gank top or bot, its pretty nice if i go with whoever the friendly jungler is ganking. Only bad thing about this guy is he's squishy XD
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:00 pm

I wonder how this is going to differentiate from Vayne because she's not very different in appearance or for that matter weapon choice.

Also I think she looks more like a cross between Vayne, Talon, and Swain; not so much Leona.

MAL Profile | YouTube Channel | Blog
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 pm

MiniSiets wrote:I wonder how this is going to differentiate from Vayne because she's not very different in appearance or for that matter weapon choice.

Also I think she looks more like a cross between Vayne, Talon, and Swain; not so much Leona.

her headgear and expression reminds me of leona

Spoiler:

MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:09 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:anyway imma loving phanteon's uber low cd Q. I love playing him at mid specially against squishy AP carries that usually mids. I only lose when the enemy jungler ganks, but a few wards will counter that. The enemy can only kill me if they burst me but aside from that phant's a pretty OP champ IMO. Well i haven't played that many mid champs but still this guy can burst some pretty awful damage. And when i hit 6 i can pretty much help gank top or bot, its pretty nice if i go with whoever the friendly jungler is ganking. Only bad thing about this guy is he's squishy XD
The way most people deal with Pantheon when they're squishy is to stay out of his Q range and push the lane with abilities. His Q is strong, but its range is really short, and if Pantheon abuses its power and tries to zone, he will be really far out and easy to gank. This is especially true in mid lane since it's really easy to gank if you're out of position.

Outside of that, most top lane counters are simply champions who out-sustain or out-tank his burst damage, since Pantheon's DPS afterwards is really low and since his Q costs a lot of mana.

MiniSiets wrote:I wonder how this is going to differentiate from Vayne because she's not very different in appearance or for that matter weapon choice.

Vayne seems more sleek and skin tight. This is only speculation, but I think Quinn will be more of a leathered, mid-armor ranger than a light armor assassin kind of character like Vayne.

And she has similarities to Leona because the artist who made Leona also made Quinn.

MyAnimeList
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:54 am

Quinn is out on the Public Beta Environment with her model and abilities and such: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/02/214-pbe-update-quinn.html

So yeah, she seems very similar to Vayne. She's a strong chaser and single-target damager, but she seems more bursty than Vayne. A lot of champions now seem to have form changes, too.

MyAnimeList
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:17 am

i don't like the new sona, they downgraded her bewbies and fanservice >.>
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:25 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:i don't like the new sona, they downgraded her bewbies and fanservice >.>

Lol, Riot also nerfed them when they made her Arcade skin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:27 am

Here are the unofficial patch noted for the PBE, featuring Quinn abilities and lore, update to the ping system, and some champion and item changes.

Edit: News of Legends reveals their opinions on Quinn's abilities, her play style, and her pros/cons. Very interesting, a must read for anyone interested.

Edit2: News of Legends has a riot employee, Xypherous, give reason to why a lot of the changes are going to be taken place. Such as the attack speed boost on Ashe, Vayne, and Tristana.

Last edited by Ginger7327 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:34 am

just lost against a full AOE ult team comp, we were actually wining before fiddle got his hourglass. Hecarim was feeding us too but we lost a lot in team fights. Their team comp was hec, mf, fiddle, lulu, and oriana. Hec + oriana had terrible CC, i mean shield + hec ult + oriana ult wtf, then fiddle + mf ult just erased us in a flash.
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:58 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:just lost against a full AOE ult team comp, we were actually wining before fiddle got his hourglass. Hecarim was feeding us too but we lost a lot in team fights. Their team comp was hec, mf, fiddle, lulu, and oriana. Hec + oriana had terrible CC, i mean shield + hec ult + oriana ult wtf, then fiddle + mf ult just erased us in a flash.

Haha, so was it just your team throwing or was the other team just catching up?

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:23 am

Ginger7327 wrote:
MrYoSo901 wrote:just lost against a full AOE ult team comp, we were actually wining before fiddle got his hourglass. Hecarim was feeding us too but we lost a lot in team fights. Their team comp was hec, mf, fiddle, lulu, and oriana. Hec + oriana had terrible CC, i mean shield + hec ult + oriana ult wtf, then fiddle + mf ult just erased us in a flash.

we won our lanes and hunts, but the team fights was horrible. We were holding out when we were focusing fiddle and mf but when fiddle got the hourglass it was over. I don't need to mention the other 3 doing the CC right? We were caught once in a tight spot at top and it was over in like 1 sec, didn't even get to use my ult XD
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatless on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:46 pm

basically lulu would ult who ever we focused, fiddle would ult in from somewhere before we could stop him, and then hourglass and mf and hec basicall stopped us from excaping while ori ulted us into fiddles ult or mfs ult.

its was a nasty game especially since we had it before the teamfights

I wonder if anyone ever opens this.
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:56 pm

MrYoSo901 wrote:
Ginger7327 wrote:

we won our lanes and hunts, but the team fights was horrible. We were holding out when we were focusing fiddle and mf but when fiddle got the hourglass it was over. I don't need to mention the other 3 doing the CC right? We were caught once in a tight spot at top and it was over in like 1 sec, didn't even get to use my ult XD

That is a real pickle, lol. I hate being in those games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Usually for games against AoE teams, you need to use wards to pick off roaming champions to force a 5v4, split push to not 5v5 team fight, or wait until the enemy bites off more than they can chew with a tower dive or Baron attempt.

MyAnimeList
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Is it alright if I post a meme?
Spoiler:

Power Chord OP!

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:46 pm

So I'd like to hear some thoughts on Ravenous Hydra versus Bloodthirster. I've tried Hydra on a few champions now and it has worked to great effect, but whether it actually is better than BT I think it's questionable. It's more expensive to build and doesn't necessarily offer more life steal especially if you're fighting 1v1. I feel like as it currently stands it either needs to drop in price or the life steal/AD needs a slight buff, because otherwise it's too much money to sink into for an item that isn't even really a better option than BT for melee champs. Also I feel like the health regen stat on it is useless. However, I'm wondering if it would be better than BT when coupled with Black Cleaver, as the armor pen stacks would then be applied as an AOE which would be extremely useful for team fights.

MAL Profile | YouTube Channel | Blog
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:04 am

MiniSiets wrote:So I'd like to hear some thoughts on Ravenous Hydra versus Bloodthirster. I've tried Hydra on a few champions now and it has worked to great effect, but whether it actually is better than BT I think it's questionable. It's more expensive to build and doesn't necessarily offer more life steal especially if you're fighting 1v1. I feel like as it currently stands it either needs to drop in price or the life steal/AD needs a slight buff, because otherwise it's too much money to sink into for an item that isn't even really a better option than BT for melee champs. Also I feel like the health regen stat on it is useless. However, I'm wondering if it would be better than BT when coupled with Black Cleaver, as the armor pen stacks would then be applied as an AOE which would be extremely useful for team fights.

I would buy hydra every time over a BT for melee champs. It does provide less life steal, but I think that the active is kinda worth it. I mean every ten seconds you do 100% of your ad to the enemies in aa range.
But why choose? Get both, may be a bit expensive for two life steal items, but tons of damage. Fio is a good example of a champ that benefits from buying both of these items.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:06 am

I think Hydra is better for bursty AD champions. But don't forget that it has AoE damage included in it.

MyAnimeList
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:27 am

Kusanagi wrote:I think Hydra is better for bursty AD champions. But don't forget that it has AoE damage included in it.

Yeah, because the tiamat, which is a very underrated item in itself. I agree with you about the bursty AD, to a degree. Even though BT does have more AD and life steal because of the AoE damage that hydra gives it is ideal for bursts, as it does damage to nearby champions and minions as well. But if you are doing something like Talon, a bursty assassin, then i would rather a BT. Talon would not stand up very well being in the middle of a team fight (most are squishy-ish) so having a hydra would not benefit him to the max.
All my opinion however, I am just a lowly support player.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:08 am

hydra is best imo, specially when i'm playing riven, the active on it is just awesome, its just like another set of extra skill that you wouldn't get on blood thirster, it adds so much in your burst combo. The aoe helps in farming to which is a plus, and if you got a couple of enemy champs stuck together then that means that you'll do more damage on both of them compared to having just doing damage on a single target on your auto attack.

anyway i agree with ginger, why do you even need to choose in the first place? Use them both lol, but i would get hydra first before getting thirster.

Kusanagi wrote:Usually for games against AoE teams, you need to use wards to pick off roaming champions to force a 5v4, split push to not 5v5 team fight, or wait until the enemy bites off more than they can chew with a tower dive or Baron attempt.

lol i wish you were there XD but what happens if they're the ones forcing a team fight? like they ignore all the split push and stuff and head straight to our nexus? Hugging the tower seems like it can easily be countered with a charging hec with ori's shield on him XD
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:14 am

hydra is best imo, specially when i'm playing riven, the active on it is just awesome, its just like another set of extra skill that you wouldn't get on blood thirster, it adds so much in your burst combo. The aoe helps in farming to which is a plus, and if you got a couple of enemy champs stuck together then that means that you'll do more damage on both of them compared to having just doing damage on a single target on your auto attack.

anyway i agree with ginger, why do you even need to choose in the first place? Use them both lol, but i would get hydra first before getting thirster. anyway anyone tried hydra + ruined king yet? XD

Kusanagi wrote:Usually for games against AoE teams, you need to use wards to pick off roaming champions to force a 5v4, split push to not 5v5 team fight, or wait until the enemy bites off more than they can chew with a tower dive or Baron attempt.

lol i wish you were there XD but what happens if they're the ones forcing a team fight? like they ignore all the split push and stuff and head straight to our nexus? Hugging the tower seems like it can easily be countered with a charging hec with ori's shield on him XD
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:38 pm

Question of curiosity, which team is everyone voting for in LCS, Eu or NA?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top