The "League of Legends" Club

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Ginger7327 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Betapocalypse wrote:The Lunar Revel skins! Finally!
Gotta get the summoner icons too, 'cause why not

I am getting the Annie skin Smile
avatar
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 23
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Ginger7327 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:21 pm

LCS EU winners:
FN(2-0) over SK(1-1)
EG(1-0) over GAM(0-1)
FN(2-0) over GIA(0-1) *Not 100% sure, confirmation needed*
SK(1-1) v CW(0-1)
avatar
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 23
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Kusanagi on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:36 pm

I want the Corki skin, but he's pretty weak right now, so I'm not sure I'd actually use him. Well, I haven't played him since Trinity Force has been buffed, so maybe I'll give him a shot again.

Also, anyone excited for the new upcoming champion, Quinn? She seems to be a female Demacian AD ranged carry that has a bird. Here's some info: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/02/demacia-needs-heros-new-champion.html

_________________
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

MyAnimeList
avatar
Kusanagi
Moderator
Moderator

Male Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-19
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Ginger7327 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:28 pm

Kusanagi wrote:I want the Corki skin, but he's pretty weak right now, so I'm not sure I'd actually use him. Well, I haven't played him since Trinity Force has been buffed, so maybe I'll give him a shot again.

Also, anyone excited for the new upcoming champion, Quinn? She seems to be a female Demacian AD ranged carry that has a bird. Here's some info: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/02/demacia-needs-heros-new-champion.html

I dont play a lot of AD carry, but I cannot wait to see her skill set and her art.
avatar
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 23
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by L3GION on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:45 pm

Hello all, new to the club. Been playing league since round-about the beta.

Forum Name: L3gion
In-game Names: L3gion
Region: NA
Preferred Maps: SR, TT
Level: 30

_________________

MAL
avatar
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 28
Location : Orlando, Florida
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Ginger7327 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 pm

L3GION wrote:Hello all, new to the club. Been playing league since round-about the beta.
Hello there, welcome. You have been playing far longer than I. I have only been playing since Season two start.
avatar
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 23
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by L3GION on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Ginger7327 wrote:
L3GION wrote:Hello all, new to the club. Been playing league since round-about the beta.
Hello there, welcome. You have been playing far longer than I. I have only been playing since Season two start.

Thank you. Yeah i have been on and off since beta. Lost my first account, however, forgot the username and password. Neutral
I have joined y'alls chat on league as well.

_________________

MAL
avatar
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 28
Location : Orlando, Florida
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by MiniSiets on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:11 am

My ranked Vayne seems to be cursed. I have yet to win a single game with her despite that ADC is my supposed specialty. Just finished another game today carrying with 17/4 KD, and keeping our team's overall kills higher than the enemy team's--and we still lost. For some reason though my jungle Xin on the other hand has been steamrolling without much effort, which is a strange turn of events for me because previously I've always felt awkward playing this role. :/

_________________

MAL Profile | YouTube Channel | Blog
avatar
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 28
Location : Future Gadget Lab
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by MrYoSo901 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:06 am

MiniSiets wrote:My ranked Vayne seems to be cursed. I have yet to win a single game with her despite that ADC is my supposed specialty. Just finished another game today carrying with 17/4 KD, and keeping our team's overall kills higher than the enemy team's--and we still lost. For some reason though my jungle Xin on the other hand has been steamrolling without much effort, which is a strange turn of events for me because previously I've always felt awkward playing this role. :/

its probably because of your carrying ability. Junglers pretty much carry the team at early game, which help your team build momentum and frustrate your enemies(spending more gold on wards instead of saving up). I think everybody here appreciates a good gank in their lanes from the friendly jungler. Even if the jungler doesn't give a solid kill, just making the enemy burn their summoner spells, forcing them to back off for a chance to farm on minions, and neutralize their aggressiveness could really help a laner early game. If someone is having a hard time early game, having you giving them a helping hand would help that player a lot. Which means less feeds and more farm for your team.

Now compare that to being a carry. Carries doesn't really contribute in early games in the team that much since you need some items to be useful. Even if you win your lane that doesn't help the other lanes, you can't afford to leave your lane either or you'll risk making the other carry farm more and waste time if you don't manage to get a kill for your teammates when you abandon your lane. Even if you completely destroy your enemy adc, if the other two lanes is losing pretty bad then you're gonna have a hard time in team fights because your teammates can't hold the line long enough for you to do some significant damage, especially with vayne since she only does single target damage. If your teammates are behind and you're on the top, imma pretty sure that a good enemy team will ignore the rest and solely focus their attention to you.

oh yeah i have yet to see a good jungle xin, all the xin's i've played well sucked >.>
avatar
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Posts : 292
Join date : 2013-01-19
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Ginger7327 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:My ranked Vayne seems to be cursed. I have yet to win a single game with her despite that ADC is my supposed specialty. Just finished another game today carrying with 17/4 KD, and keeping our team's overall kills higher than the enemy team's--and we still lost. For some reason though my jungle Xin on the other hand has been steamrolling without much effort, which is a strange turn of events for me because previously I've always felt awkward playing this role. :/

its probably because of your carrying ability. Junglers pretty much carry the team at early game, which help your team build momentum and frustrate your enemies(spending more gold on wards instead of saving up). I think everybody here appreciates a good gank in their lanes from the friendly jungler. Even if the jungler doesn't give a solid kill, just making the enemy burn their summoner spells, forcing them to back off for a chance to farm on minions, and neutralize their aggressiveness could really help a laner early game. If someone is having a hard time early game, having you giving them a helping hand would help that player a lot. Which means less feeds and more farm for your team.

Now compare that to being a carry. Carries doesn't really contribute in early games in the team that much since you need some items to be useful. Even if you win your lane that doesn't help the other lanes, you can't afford to leave your lane either or you'll risk making the other carry farm more and waste time if you don't manage to get a kill for your teammates when you abandon your lane. Even if you completely destroy your enemy adc, if the other two lanes is losing pretty bad then you're gonna have a hard time in team fights because your teammates can't hold the line long enough for you to do some significant damage, especially with vayne since she only does single target damage. If your teammates are behind and you're on the top, imma pretty sure that a good enemy team will ignore the rest and solely focus their attention to you.

oh yeah i have yet to see a good jungle xin, all the xin's i've played well sucked >.>

I agree with most everything you say. just the jungler showing his presence can be beneficial. The support buys more wards rather then some supporty items(unless he gets a sight stone) and it keeps their adc scared. Whether a Vayne is winning or losing though, I would still focus a Vayne over anyone else on the team.
avatar
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 23
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Kusanagi on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Junglers and mid laners probably have the most influence over the game out of all the other roles. But at higher Elos, they don't really carry the game but rather help others to get to carry status.

AD carries used to be able to carry games the most because they had the most damage. For other roles, it's simple to be tanky, even if you're behind, but it's a bit difficult to build good damage. If your team comp was solid, then as long as the ADC was fed and didn't get caught in team fights, he should do well with everyone else building tanky to shield him.

That's how it used to be. It can still be done, but it's harder. ADC items got nerfed a bit (Doran's Blade, Phage, Infinity Edge, attack speed), and cheap resistances along with the decline of (burst) AP carries allow assassins to easily build tanky and be hard to burst down respectively. Well there are probably a lot of other factors that I don't know, but a lot of pro players agree that ADCs aren't as strong as before, probably because they were overpowered in S2 lol.


Anyway, in MiniSiets' case, I think the enemy team comp just was better. Fed Vayne is terror, but your team didn't revolve around her at all. Teemo and Akali are useless if they aren't fed or farmed, and they can't protect when they're behind. On the other hand, the other team was extremely mobile and deadly.

L3GION wrote:Hello all, new to the club. Been playing league since round-about the beta.

Forum Name: L3gion
In-game Names: L3gion
Region: NA
Preferred Maps: SR, TT
Level: 30

You already joined the club.

_________________
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

MyAnimeList
avatar
Kusanagi
Moderator
Moderator

Male Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-19
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by L3GION on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Yes, but i have yet to make an appearance with the group. I felt it was time. Lol.

_________________

MAL
avatar
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 28
Location : Orlando, Florida
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Severus on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:21 pm

I want to start playing with you guys again Razz

_________________

^Done by me.
avatar
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
Join date : 2013-01-17
Location : USA
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Wampa on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:32 pm

so some friends at school asked my to download this so that can have another person they know to play with so i basically just started playing this week, im not gonna play with you guys right now because i know ill only be a burden but if you want to add me im wampa45

_________________
avatar
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Hoth
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Kusanagi on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Wampa wrote:so some friends at school asked my to download this so that can have another person they know to play with so i basically just started playing this week, im not gonna play with you guys right now because i know ill only be a burden but if you want to add me im wampa45

A lot of people only just started playing when we made the club back on the old forums. There are a few lower leveled players or players with low level accounts who will be willing to play with you. And as long as you stay dedicated, you'll catch up in no time. Yoso made a new account on the NA server when we started, and very quickly reached level 30 and plays with all of us very solidly.

_________________
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

MyAnimeList
avatar
Kusanagi
Moderator
Moderator

Male Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-19
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Kyoujin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:19 pm

5-5 in placement matches and got placed in Bronze Division I.
Would have glad to go into silver, but close enough. Currently got 49 points in 3 games after that so I should be in silver soon.

Kyoujin
Academy Student

Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-01-21
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Ginger7327 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:06 am

I, regrettably, was not able to watch day 2 of the EU LCS. Here are the winners after today though:
GAM(1-2) over FN(2-1)
EG(2-1) over CW(0-2)
GIA(1-1) over GAM(1-2)
SK(2-1) over EG(2-1)

Week one for both NA and EU are over, can't wait for next week Very Happy

_________________
avatar
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 23
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by MiniSiets on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:08 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:its probably because of your carrying ability. Junglers pretty much carry the team at early game, which help your team build momentum and frustrate your enemies(spending more gold on wards instead of saving up). I think everybody here appreciates a good gank in their lanes from the friendly jungler. Even if the jungler doesn't give a solid kill, just making the enemy burn their summoner spells, forcing them to back off for a chance to farm on minions, and neutralize their aggressiveness could really help a laner early game. If someone is having a hard time early game, having you giving them a helping hand would help that player a lot. Which means less feeds and more farm for your team.

Now compare that to being a carry. Carries doesn't really contribute in early games in the team that much since you need some items to be useful. Even if you win your lane that doesn't help the other lanes, you can't afford to leave your lane either or you'll risk making the other carry farm more and waste time if you don't manage to get a kill for your teammates when you abandon your lane. Even if you completely destroy your enemy adc, if the other two lanes is losing pretty bad then you're gonna have a hard time in team fights because your teammates can't hold the line long enough for you to do some significant damage, especially with vayne since she only does single target damage. If your teammates are behind and you're on the top, imma pretty sure that a good enemy team will ignore the rest and solely focus their attention to you.

oh yeah i have yet to see a good jungle xin, all the xin's i've played well sucked >.>
This was... surprisingly insightful coming from you YoSo. lol

_________________

MAL Profile | YouTube Channel | Blog
avatar
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 28
Location : Future Gadget Lab
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Hatless on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:22 am

hey yoso i am a good jungle Xin and i think you have played with me XD

i have not lost as xin jungle yet Razz

in fact i find him more desirable than amumu just because of his ability to dish out tonnes of damage to a single target very quickly

_________________
Spoiler:

I wonder if anyone ever opens this.
avatar
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : if i told you, you would kill me XD
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by MrYoSo901 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:37 am

Hatless wrote:hey yoso i am a good jungle Xin and i think you have played with me XD

i have not lost as xin jungle yet Razz

in fact i find him more desirable than amumu just because of his ability to dish out tonnes of damage to a single target very quickly

sure, gimme an invite when i'm online, i have a smurf btw, its MrYoSo901





yorick is too much of an OP laner at top for melee champs lol. I denied darius of xp and minions and forced him to change win xin, but even with that i still bullied top hard.

Spoiler:
avatar
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Posts : 292
Join date : 2013-01-19
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Enigma on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:26 am

Sorry I haven't been around. I've been playing Aion: Ascension. It's essentially less cartoony WoW, but free (so long as you play the NA version of the game). It's pretty good.

Just really burnt out on LoL so I switched to this. Razz

_________________

Babies remind me of aliens..
avatar
Enigma
Gillian

Male Posts : 110
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 23
Location : Antarctica
Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Ginger7327 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:30 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:yorick is too much of an OP laner at top for melee champs lol. I denied darius of xp and minions and forced him to change win xin, but even with that i still bullied top hard.

Spoiler:

Yorick is such a good top laner, he is such a bully. Since people still plat Darius constantly, Yorick is a pretty safe pick.

_________________
avatar
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 23
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Kyoujin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:42 am

Coudln't Elise be able to counter Yorick? SHe has minions too

Kyoujin
Academy Student

Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-01-21
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Ginger7327 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:33 am

Kyoujin wrote:Coudln't Elise be able to counter Yorick? SHe has minions too

I dont like playing top lane, but I would not think that she would beat him easily. Maybe if her minions targeted the ghosts first, but I dont know what the priority targeting for her minions are (I think it is whoever you target).

_________________
avatar
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
Join date : 2013-02-07
Age : 23
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Kusanagi on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:29 pm

Elise isn't a counter. It's not about countering the ghost minions themselves but rather countering their consequences; the ghosts cause high and frequent harass damage while giving Yorick high amounts of sustain. These two aspects are bad for Elise because she has very little sustain in melee range that can be denied and because her harass very mana intensive.

Yorick's burst damage and instant DPS aren't very high, so super sustained or tanky champions can stay in lane. Cho'Gath is probably the best bet, especially since last hitting the ghosts can sustain him if he really wants to. Strong early game champions can burst him down, but after he gets HP from levels and a Tear of the Goddess it will be hard to beat his sustain. If he's a good player, he can play carefully early game and stomp lane later, so bursting early is an option but not very reliable. Xin Zhao can do some heavy damage early game, and his sustain with Doran's Blades later on is really high, so he's an option.

_________________
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

MyAnimeList
avatar
Kusanagi
Moderator
Moderator

Male Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-19
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: The "League of Legends" Club

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum