New Ranks

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Sporadic on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:49 pm

JAMSM wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:All of those except Tailed Beast are in mine. We're looking for "must change examples" in power and authority. Not your personal preference.

It isn't just personal preference. Naruto and one piece are easily as popular as Bleach if not more. So they should each have at least one rank in the list. You justify having so many Bleach ranks because everyone knows them but everyone knows plenty of stuff from Naruto and One piece. That is why tailed beast (Or maybe Jinchiriki) is good. Most people know what that is and it gives a better mix of anime.

BTW you claim I am using only personal preference but what about you? Judging from your reaction to Bleach anime getting picked back up I assume you are a Bleach fan. But doesn't that mean you putting in so many Bleach ranks is because you are a fan rather than what other people want? I'm not the only one that has said we need significantly less Bleach ranks so I'm certainly not alone.


you forget two things: 1. you're not a mod and spor is. It sucks, but spor's preferences override yours. and don't say it shouldn't be that way "democratic presidents should be republican because there's slightly more republicans" no. and 2. bleach is slightly more popular than naruto, and gets a tenth the hate naruto does

however, know that my perspective is also biased, considering I detest naruto

Very Happy

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Metazoxan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:58 pm

JAMSM wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:All of those except Tailed Beast are in mine. We're looking for "must change examples" in power and authority. Not your personal preference.

It isn't just personal preference. Naruto and one piece are easily as popular as Bleach if not more. So they should each have at least one rank in the list. You justify having so many Bleach ranks because everyone knows them but everyone knows plenty of stuff from Naruto and One piece. That is why tailed beast (Or maybe Jinchiriki) is good. Most people know what that is and it gives a better mix of anime.

BTW you claim I am using only personal preference but what about you? Judging from your reaction to Bleach anime getting picked back up I assume you are a Bleach fan. But doesn't that mean you putting in so many Bleach ranks is because you are a fan rather than what other people want? I'm not the only one that has said we need significantly less Bleach ranks so I'm certainly not alone.


you forget two things: 1. you're not a mod and spor is. It sucks, but spor's preferences override yours. and don't say it shouldn't be that way "democratic presidents should be republican because there's slightly more republicans" no. and 2. bleach is slightly more popular than naruto, and gets a tenth the hate naruto does

however, know that my perspective is also biased, considering I detest naruto
1. Spor is a mod but this isn't a government. This forum and it's ranks are for the members to enjoy not for one person to fill with prely their own preference. I recently became an admin for a small forum that has yet to become active and although there really isn't a community yet I'm still trying to improve the layout of the forum. But I don't do so on my own preference. I ask for other opinions to make sure it pleases other people. So his preference means nothing. Mine doesn't either but I don't claim it does.
2. Are you kidding me? Just look on about any list an naruto is above Bleach. A quick example in manga fox where naruto in #2 on the popularity list while Bleach is #13. Not while Mangafox is hardly the authority on populairty is is a well used site so it's list means something especially when there is that large of a gap. Plus I'm just too lazy to find a better list. Bleach is critized for having a steady decline since the hueco Mundo arc and to add insult to injury when the anime was cancelled it's time slot in Japan was apparently replaced with "Rock Lee and his ninja palls"! Just let that sink in for a moment. Bleach........... was replaced by a super deformed spin off series of Naruto staring that idiot in the green jump suit. Now I'm not going to get into an argument about which series is better than which because everyone has their own tastes and such. But if we are talking about Basic popularity Bleach may have been ahead at one time but it has fallen and Other series including Naruto have pushed ahead of it.
Colme wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:Naruto and one piece are easily as popular as Bleach if not more.

Who wants popular examples anyway? To be honest I'd find it cool if every rank was from a different anime.

I agree that other anime would be more interesting but Spor's justification for so much Bleach was "Everyone recognizes it" so I was just suggesting a more varied selection of well known titles and series.


_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by JAMSM on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:13 pm

//HUGE MOFOING EDIT. I started raging. and that doesn't help.
I do, however think that you could be a little less presumptuous and a little kinder when addressing your Website Administrator.
(point being, maybe 5 people have said anything about changing the ranks, a majority are happy with them as is, and yet you aim this at spor)


Last edited by JAMSM on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
You didn't see it, but just now I was shooting at you with invisible guns.
Bleh.

A song I cannot place
avatar
JAMSM
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 99
Join date : 2013-02-04
Age : 23
Location : Idaho

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by LunarLexal on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:24 pm

Guys, guys.... From what little info I have on this argument. I can tell that Meta was only suggesting some new, non-bleach, ranks. Isn't that what this thread about? I for one would like a little less bleach and I think that the rank title "Tailed Beast" sounds pretty cool. Or why not "Jinchuraki" or what ever they're called (The people with the tailed beasts inside them)?

_________________
MyAnimeList/AnimePlanet
avatar
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
Join date : 2013-01-23
Age : 21
Location : Utah
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by JAMSM on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:27 pm

LunarLexal wrote:Guys, guys.... From what little info I have on this argument. I can tell that Meta was only suggesting some new, non-bleach, ranks. Isn't that what this thread about? I for one would like a little less bleach and I think that the rank title "Tailed Beast" sounds pretty cool. Or why not "Jinchuraki" or what ever they're called (The people with the tailed beasts inside them)?

Eh. whatever. I think I was only arguing for two reasons:
1. I hate Naruto with a passion.
2. I highly believe in respect. And I didn't feel that there was an appropriate air of respect used to address spor.

_________________
You didn't see it, but just now I was shooting at you with invisible guns.
Bleh.

A song I cannot place
avatar
JAMSM
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 99
Join date : 2013-02-04
Age : 23
Location : Idaho

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Kusanagi on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:33 pm

JAMSM wrote:2. I highly believe in respect. And I didn't feel that there was an appropriate air of respect used to address spor.

We aren't your masters. We are simply the people who uphold the rules and the people who maintain the forums. Other than that, we are the same as all of your other peers in that we are just people. There is no reason for us to be treated higher than others. If you believe in respect, then you should show it to everyone and not just through sucking up to superiors.

_________________
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

MyAnimeList
avatar
Kusanagi
Moderator
Moderator

Male Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-19
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by JAMSM on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:36 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
JAMSM wrote:2. I highly believe in respect. And I didn't feel that there was an appropriate air of respect used to address spor.

We aren't your masters. We are simply the people who uphold the rules and the people who maintain the forums. Other than that, we are the same as all of your other peers in that we are just people. There is no reason for us to be treated higher than others. If you believe in respect, then you should show it to everyone and not just through sucking up to superiors.

you uphold the rules and maintain the forums. and you (eh, you know what I mean) own this place. treating you unkindly is similar to treating one's government and police force unkindly.

_________________
You didn't see it, but just now I was shooting at you with invisible guns.
Bleh.

A song I cannot place
avatar
JAMSM
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 99
Join date : 2013-02-04
Age : 23
Location : Idaho

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Safko on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:38 pm

That happens all the time, I'm sure they're used to it.

_________________

Walsh<3
avatar
Safko
Bronze Saint

Posts : 157
Join date : 2013-01-24
Location : Paradise
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by JAMSM on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Safko wrote:That happens all the time, I'm sure they're used to it.
They shouldn't have to be though, should they?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//THREAD WAS OFFICIALLY DERAILED SOMEWHERE ABOVE THIS LINE

I, personally, like the ranks, however, if they do end up changing, then why not throw in some Ghost in the Shell?

_________________
You didn't see it, but just now I was shooting at you with invisible guns.
Bleh.

A song I cannot place
avatar
JAMSM
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 99
Join date : 2013-02-04
Age : 23
Location : Idaho

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Metazoxan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:01 pm

JAMSM wrote://HUGE MOFOING EDIT. I started raging. and that doesn't help.
I do, however think that you could be a little less presumptuous and a little kinder when addressing your Website Administrator.
(point being, maybe 5 people have said anything about changing the ranks, a majority are happy with them as is, and yet you aim this at spor)
I respect two kinda of people. People who deserve it through their actions and people whom I have no choice to respect (meaning the latter isn't even real respect). I have nothing against Spor don't get me wrong. But I don't see him as anyone higher than me in any way. he has more privileges on this forum but that is it. I'm not going to go running around the forums saying "Spor sucks" but I'm also not going to praise him purely for his mod status. Also those 5 people (I think it was more but I'm not about to hunt through this thread checking) who mentioned changing ranks were the main people talking in this thread. That doesn't mean they are the only ones it just means they are the ones who felt like commenting (We don't have that many people who come into threads like this to begin with). Plus the people that said they were fine don't seem to care either way.

But the reason I'm aiming at Spor is because he maid the list we are debating needs changing. So of course I will be talking to him when saying it needs changing. Also I just think it is a bit hypocritical to claim I'm trying to mold the ranks according to my preference when he seems to be doing that himself.
LunarLexal wrote:Guys, guys.... From what little info I have on this argument. I can tell that Meta was only suggesting some new, non-bleach, ranks. Isn't that what this thread about? I for one would like a little less bleach and I think that the rank title "Tailed Beast" sounds pretty cool. Or why not "Jinchuraki" or what ever they're called (The people with the tailed beasts inside them)?
Exactly anyone who knows what Gillian or Adjuchas are know what a tailed beast or Junchuraki is and the latter two have more power and authority.
JAMSM wrote:
LunarLexal wrote:Guys, guys.... From what little info I have on this argument. I can tell that Meta was only suggesting some new, non-bleach, ranks. Isn't that what this thread about? I for one would like a little less bleach and I think that the rank title "Tailed Beast" sounds pretty cool. Or why not "Jinchuraki" or what ever they're called (The people with the tailed beasts inside them)?

Eh. whatever. I think I was only arguing for two reasons:
1. I hate Naruto with a passion.
2. I highly believe in respect. And I didn't feel that there was an appropriate air of respect used to address spor.
1. Then your argument is invalid. First of all not liking a series is no justification to say it can't be on the list (I don't like Bleach but I'm not asking for it to be completely removed. Just reduced). Second this isn't being made to anyone's specific preference and other people do like naruto. Heck the JD commuity originates from a Naruto fan base. Not trying to offend you just saying you hating Naruto or my personal opinion of Bleach have nothing to do with this discussion.
2. Like I said I only give respect to two kinds of people and while I like spor as a fellow member he fills neither of those two categories. I respect him as a friend but not the kind you are talking about.
Kusanagi wrote:
JAMSM wrote:2. I highly believe in respect. And I didn't feel that there was an appropriate air of respect used to address spor.

We aren't your masters. We are simply the people who uphold the rules and the people who maintain the forums. Other than that, we are the same as all of your other peers in that we are just people. There is no reason for us to be treated higher than others. If you believe in respect, then you should show it to everyone and not just through sucking up to superiors.

Exactly. I said before that I am an Admin on a forum. While it hasn't gotten off the ground yet I will never expect people to treat me super special. But talking about Mod respect is rather off topic so why don't we move on now?



Okay so we have at least a couple people agreeing with the Tailed Beast/Jinchiriki Rank. What I think would work well is to remove Gillian. Then move a few other ranks down so that you can put Tailed Beast/Jinchiriki is the appropriate place. After all Gillian are honestly worthless and get killed pretty much as easily as Ichigo used to beat low level hollows by the time they fight Aizen. There are much better ranks than something like that.

Does anyone else agree?
JAMSM wrote:
Safko wrote:That happens all the time, I'm sure they're used to it.
They shouldn't have to be though, should they?

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//THREAD WAS OFFICIALLY DERAILED SOMEWHERE ABOVE THIS LINE

I, personally, like the ranks, however, if they do end up changing, then why not throw in some Ghost in the Shell?

Can you name a specific title? I'm afraid I have not seen it so I have no idea what you could be suggesting from that.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by JAMSM on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Yes, I apologize for my previous behavior. It was very uncivilized.

You haven't seen Ghost in the Shell? you're one of a slight few.
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone complex
Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG
Those are the two seasons of the show.
//EDIT: Third season is en route, Ghost in the Shell: Arise
there are several movies, Solid State Society is one of the more notable, IMO.

anyway, I'd think Section 9 Agent might make a good one (very high up, it would be), and most people have heard of Ghost in the Shell. (note, it's political)


_________________
You didn't see it, but just now I was shooting at you with invisible guns.
Bleh.

A song I cannot place
avatar
JAMSM
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 99
Join date : 2013-02-04
Age : 23
Location : Idaho

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Valvatorez on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 pm


_________________


http://myanimelist.net/profile/KarmaDelta

---------------------------------------

Spoiler:

avatar
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 21
Location : Hades, Underworld
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by JAMSM on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:32 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
We already did, you're late.

_________________
You didn't see it, but just now I was shooting at you with invisible guns.
Bleh.

A song I cannot place
avatar
JAMSM
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 99
Join date : 2013-02-04
Age : 23
Location : Idaho

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Valvatorez on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:33 pm

JAMSM wrote:
We already did, you're late.

You sir, are delusional! I still see bickering! And friendliness!

_________________


http://myanimelist.net/profile/KarmaDelta

---------------------------------------

Spoiler:

avatar
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 21
Location : Hades, Underworld
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Metazoxan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:50 pm

JAMSM wrote:Yes, I apologize for my previous behavior. It was very uncivilized.

You haven't seen Ghost in the Shell? you're one of a slight few.
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone complex
Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd GIG
Those are the two seasons of the show.
//EDIT: Third season is en route, Ghost in the Shell: Arise
there are several movies, Solid State Society is one of the more notable, IMO.

anyway, I'd think Section 9 Agent might make a good one (very high up, it would be), and most people have heard of Ghost in the Shell. (note, it's political)

eh.........Psychological often times isn't my thing. I don't hate it like I do horror but some of them get pretty damn freaky so I tend to skip most of them. I have seen a couple Psychological although their names escape me at the moment.

But anyway section 9 agent sounds kinda cool. If I had to put it somewhere in the current list I'd probably swap out Adjuchas or Gillian with it. Also let me correct what I said before and swap out Arrancar with Tailed beast/Biju/Jinchuriki. I miss counted before Spors list has 6 Bleach ranks not 5. So Swapping those two out would bring it down to 4. Then figure out at least one One piece rank to swap out another with to bring it down to three. At that point I'd be fine letting the last three Bleach ranks stay. Any further ranks could replace a different one or simply be squeezed in creating more ranks (It's not like we can only have the current number).

What does everyone think of this?

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by JAMSM on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:01 pm

HOW DO I KEEP GETTING MY SOUL STOLEN. THATS THE THIRD TIME. ALL BY YOU.
Sad you'd think I'd learn

_________________
You didn't see it, but just now I was shooting at you with invisible guns.
Bleh.

A song I cannot place
avatar
JAMSM
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 99
Join date : 2013-02-04
Age : 23
Location : Idaho

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Sporadic on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
JAMSM wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:All of those except Tailed Beast are in mine. We're looking for "must change examples" in power and authority. Not your personal preference.

It isn't just personal preference. Naruto and one piece are easily as popular as Bleach if not more. So they should each have at least one rank in the list. You justify having so many Bleach ranks because everyone knows them but everyone knows plenty of stuff from Naruto and One piece. That is why tailed beast (Or maybe Jinchiriki) is good. Most people know what that is and it gives a better mix of anime.

BTW you claim I am using only personal preference but what about you? Judging from your reaction to Bleach anime getting picked back up I assume you are a Bleach fan. But doesn't that mean you putting in so many Bleach ranks is because you are a fan rather than what other people want? I'm not the only one that has said we need significantly less Bleach ranks so I'm certainly not alone.


you forget two things: 1. you're not a mod and spor is. It sucks, but spor's preferences override yours. and don't say it shouldn't be that way "democratic presidents should be republican because there's slightly more republicans" no. and 2. bleach is slightly more popular than naruto, and gets a tenth the hate naruto does

however, know that my perspective is also biased, considering I detest naruto
1. Spor is a mod but this isn't a government. This forum and it's ranks are for the members to enjoy not for one person to fill with prely their own preference. I recently became an admin for a small forum that has yet to become active and although there really isn't a community yet I'm still trying to improve the layout of the forum. But I don't do so on my own preference. I ask for other opinions to make sure it pleases other people. So his preference means nothing. Mine doesn't either but I don't claim it does.
2. Are you kidding me? Just look on about any list an naruto is above Bleach. A quick example in manga fox where naruto in #2 on the popularity list while Bleach is #13. Not while Mangafox is hardly the authority on populairty is is a well used site so it's list means something especially when there is that large of a gap. Plus I'm just too lazy to find a better list. Bleach is critized for having a steady decline since the hueco Mundo arc and to add insult to injury when the anime was cancelled it's time slot in Japan was apparently replaced with "Rock Lee and his ninja palls"! Just let that sink in for a moment. Bleach........... was replaced by a super deformed spin off series of Naruto staring that idiot in the green jump suit. Now I'm not going to get into an argument about which series is better than which because everyone has their own tastes and such. But if we are talking about Basic popularity Bleach may have been ahead at one time but it has fallen and Other series including Naruto have pushed ahead of it.
Colme wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:Naruto and one piece are easily as popular as Bleach if not more.

Who wants popular examples anyway? To be honest I'd find it cool if every rank was from a different anime.

I agree that other anime would be more interesting but Spor's justification for so much Bleach was "Everyone recognizes it" so I was just suggesting a more varied selection of well known titles and series.


Dude, you gotta calm down and remember this is a temp forum. These ranks probably won't even carry over to the new site. This is supposed to be for fun lol

_________________
avatar
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 29
Location : Fiore
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Hikikomori on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:58 pm

I apoligize for the (very) late rely. I've been a bit busy.
Hikikomori wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Hikikomori wrote:Here is my suggestion: I think Wizard Saint sounds a bit weird. Maybe some thing like Walpurgis Night.

and that is what?

The most powerful witch for puella magica madoka.
Wampa wrote:I like Kiri's rank idea and with it we could add Madoka to the ranking system animes.(or it could just be because i like the name Walpurgis Night Smile ) the name could also be Walpurgisnacht

This is purely my opinion, but I still find "Wizard Saint" a 'bad' rank. No matter how I think about it, it never rolls-off-the-tongue like I think it should. For this reason, I suggest we try and find a 'powerful' alternative. My recommendation was Walpurgis Night from puella magica madoka (it can also be called Walpurgisnacht). If someone else has a better idea as a replacement or why the current one is good, I'd like to hear it as my head can't get around "Wizard Saint" for some unknown reason.

_________________


avatar
Hikikomori
Silver Saint

Posts : 304
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 23
Location : My house, ≈ 44° N, 91° W
Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Kusanagi on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Hikikomori wrote:My recommendation was Walpurgis Night from puella magica madoka (it can also be called Walpurgisnacht).

I'd rather not use that because of its equally infamous connection to a certain well-known hentai anime.

_________________
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

MyAnimeList
avatar
Kusanagi
Moderator
Moderator

Male Posts : 291
Join date : 2013-01-19
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Metazoxan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
Hikikomori wrote:My recommendation was Walpurgis Night from puella magica madoka (it can also be called Walpurgisnacht).

I'd rather not use that because of its equally infamous connection to a certain well-known hentai anime.

It is also apparently the name for a spring festival somewhere in Europe. Anyway I just don't like it because anyone who hasn't seen Madoka won't get it. If we use something form a non main stream series it needs to be something that just sounds great without knowing the context it came from. Saint Wizard sounds like an impressive rank even if you haven't seen Fairy Tail (I'm pretty sure that is where it is from).

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Colme on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Metazoxan wrote:I agree that other anime would be more interesting but Spor's justification for so much Bleach was "Everyone recognizes it" so I was just suggesting a more varied selection of well known titles and series.

I hear ya, but we're on the internet, it would take someone literally less than a minute to look up their new rank if they were interested.

_________________
avatar
Colme
Bronze Saint

Posts : 216
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 23
Location : Ottawa
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Metazoxan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:43 pm

Colme wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:I agree that other anime would be more interesting but Spor's justification for so much Bleach was "Everyone recognizes it" so I was just suggesting a more varied selection of well known titles and series.

I hear ya, but we're on the internet, it would take someone literally less than a minute to look up their new rank if they were interested.

Yeah that is true but we still should probably avoid anything too obscure. Plus cooler sounding names and titles make better ranks anyway.

_________________
Click this link(You know you want to)
"It's okay if I'm a devil... I'll just use my hellish tools to get you to listen!"... Nanoha

I am the president of the Manga club
avatar
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 24
Location : If I told you I'd have to kill you
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Shogun13 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:45 pm

Colme wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:I agree that other anime would be more interesting but Spor's justification for so much Bleach was "Everyone recognizes it" so I was just suggesting a more varied selection of well known titles and series.

I hear ya, but we're on the internet, it would take someone literally less than a minute to look up their new rank if they were interested.
There is an error with your logic.
https://www.google.com/search?q=lab+member&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
https://www.google.com/search?q=gillian&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
I don't think you work for a lab or people are getting their name changed to gillian :p.
Guys, chill. Just because you suggest it doesn't mean it is law. This is a benevolent monarchy with a council of lords. I'm sorry but it comes down to that. Came down to that before, came down to that now, will come down to that after we move to the new site.

_________________
avatar
Shogun13
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone

Male Posts : 174
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 26
Location : Emory

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Valvatorez on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Hikikomori wrote:

This is purely my opinion, but I still find "Wizard Saint" a 'bad' rank. No matter how I think about it, it never rolls-off-the-tongue like I think it should. For this reason, I suggest we try and find a 'powerful' alternative. My recommendation was Walpurgis Night from puella magica madoka (it can also be called Walpurgisnacht). If someone else has a better idea as a replacement or why the current one is good, I'd like to hear it as my head can't get around "Wizard Saint" for some unknown reason.

Watch Fairy Tail.
You will understand.

And I do not wish to have a, "Magical Girl" rank, since I mean come on, the only magical girl on these forums is Nim.
Having something like that as a rank.... is pretty much weaker than having a Wizard Saint. You would understand why, once you see how powerful a Wizard Saint is in combat. Hehehehehe.

_________________


http://myanimelist.net/profile/KarmaDelta

---------------------------------------

Spoiler:

avatar
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 21
Location : Hades, Underworld
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Safko on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Dude, you gotta calm down and remember this is a temp forum. These ranks probably won't even carry over to the new site. This is supposed to be for fun lol
Shogun13 wrote:
Guys, chill. Just because you suggest it doesn't mean it is law. This is a benevolent monarchy with a council of lords. I'm sorry but it comes down to that. Came down to that before, came down to that now, will come down to that after we move to the new site.
/thread

_________________

Walsh<3
avatar
Safko
Bronze Saint

Posts : 157
Join date : 2013-01-24
Location : Paradise
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Re: New Ranks

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum