Fairy Tail Discussion Thread

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fairy Tail Discussion Thread

Post by Jayvon on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:35 pm

Spoiler:
^The seven years just threw me off it all just seemed to make no sense what so ever. So basically all they have to do to get to the top is train for a 3 months, increase their magical power, win a tournament and then boom they're stronger than people who have been training for 7 hole years? It's just too stupid. And not to mention it some of them didn't even train at all because of the bullshit with Lucy's spirits.

Male Posts : 197
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Jayvon wrote:
Spoiler:
^The seven years just threw me off it all just seemed to make no sense what so ever. So basically all they have to do to get to the top is train for a 3 months, increase their magical power, win a tournament and then boom they're stronger than people who have been training for 7 hole years? It's just too stupid. And not to mention it some of them didn't even train at all because of the bullshit with Lucy's spirits.

Not exactly.
Spoiler:
First of all they kinda cheated by using Ultear to super boast their magic with that second origin thing. Second the training was more just to get used to their new power and do whatever they could to get ready. Third winning the tournament doesn't make them stronger winning will prove they are stronger. Sabertooth is a powerful but fairy new guild so those 7 years were spent getting up to fairy Tails level. Fairy tail was easily #1 in the past so those 7 years let everyone else catch up.

I am the president of the Manga club
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:45 pm

Spoiler:
Whats the problem? I think the timeskip was done really great. Nothing was ruined and yes winning this tournament is what it takes to put them back to the top. This tournament pretty much declares which guild is the strongest.

And its Fairy Tail, not Fairy Tale.

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Jayvon wrote:^The seven years just threw me off it all just seemed to make no sense what so ever. So basically all they have to do to get to the top is train for a 3 months, increase their magical power, win a tournament and then boom they're stronger than people who have been training for 7 hole years? It's just too stupid. And not to mention it some of them didn't even train at all because of the bullshit with Lucy's spirits.

Not exactly.
Spoiler:
First of all they kinda cheated by using Ultear to super boast their magic with that second origin thing. Second the training was more just to get used to their new power and do whatever they could to get ready. Third winning the tournament doesn't make them stronger winning will prove they are stronger. Sabertooth is a powerful but fairy new guild so those 7 years were spent getting up to fairy Tails level. Fairy tail was easily #1 in the past so those 7 years let everyone else catch up.
Spoiler:

No, once everybody got back and heard about the tournament they all set out to train so they could get stronger because when Natsu fought that sand guy (who was one of the weakest in the guild) he had to go all out just to beat him. Initially they had no new powers it was after they came from Lucy's spirit world they got their power ups from Ultear because they had no time left to train they were all panicking because they knew they couldn't win in their current state. So 7 years is still way to much, and only their magic power caught up to the 7 year skip their combat skills are still behind by 7 years. And everybody else is like grown ass men and women and Fairy Tail is still a bunch of teenagers it all seems so out of place I still can't get over it. But it seems dedicated fans of Fairy Tail look pass all that. They probably wouldn't care if a fucking Jetai popped out of the sky and took a dump on the guild.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:44 pm

http://myanimelist.net/profile/KarmaDelta

---------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Valvatorez wrote:

Yeah that is why I started using spoiler tags. Just mentioning the time skip isn't really spoiler since literally every shonen has them (Bleach, Naruto, One piece, etc). But if we are going to go into detail about it we need to use spoilers guys.

Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Jayvon wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Jayvon wrote:
Spoiler:

Not exactly.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
No, once everybody got back and heard about the tournament they all set out to train so they could get stronger because when Natsu fought that sand guy (who was one of the weakest in the guild) he had to go all out just to beat him. Initially they had no new powers it was after they came from Lucy's spirit world they got their power ups from Ultear because they had no time left to train they were all panicking because they knew they couldn't win in their current state. So 7 years is still way to much, and only their magic power caught up to the 7 year skip their combat skills are still behind by 7 years. And everybody else is like grown ass men and women and Fairy Tail is still a bunch of teenagers it all seems so out of place I still can't get over it. But it seems dedicated fans of Fairy Tail look pass all that. They probably wouldn't care if a fucking Jetai popped out of the sky and took a dump on the guild.

That would cause some epic Natsu rage.

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Jayvon wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Jayvon wrote:
Spoiler:

Not exactly.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Dude calm the hell down. First of all for magican's magic power is most of the battle. Most of them train to increase their magic not martial arts. So the loss of 7 years mostly set them back in magic power not in skill. Plus members like Erza already had far more skill than just about anyone else. So the only thing she fell short on after the time skip was magic power and that was "partly" fixed by Ultear. Natsu struggled against that weakling only because of magic power. Remember that one blast at the end of the fight beat him easily but knocked Natsu out because he just didn't have the magic power to use that kinda attack regularly. I'll say again that this isn't a world dominated by martial arts it is dominated by magic and each wizard mostly learns only one or two kinda of magic and just works on powering it up and developing that. So a loss of 7 years only set them back in terms of developing the power of their magic. Also everyone isn't "Grown ass men and women" Most of the characters are actually still rought our main casts age due to being much younger than them before the time skip(like meldy) or just having not grown too much in 7 years (Like grey's friend). So we are not "Looking past all that" because it isn't nearly as bad and you make it out.

Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Jayvon wrote:
Spoiler:
Hey what to you guts think of the 7 year time skip don't you think that was way to long? 3 years would have been an ideal time. Well I'm just glad all of the important characters were on the island or else the image of Fairy Tale would have been completely ruined. But 7 years is still completely uncalled for I was seriously thinking of dropping Fairy Tale after that episode.

Spoiler:
well yeah, kinda disappointed at that timeskip. I mean in one piece and naruto they all got stronger by training, but in FT all they had to do was enter some kind of cheat code and bam! instant powerup. Only thing i liked about it is how they introduced Mavis XD
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Jayvon wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Jayvon wrote:
Spoiler:

Not exactly.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Dude calm the hell down. First of all for magican's magic power is most of the battle. Most of them train to increase their magic not martial arts. So the loss of 7 years mostly set them back in magic power not in skill. Plus members like Erza already had far more skill than just about anyone else. So the only thing she fell short on after the time skip was magic power and that was "partly" fixed by Ultear. Natsu struggled against that weakling only because of magic power. Remember that one blast at the end of the fight beat him easily but knocked Natsu out because he just didn't have the magic power to use that kinda attack regularly. I'll say again that this isn't a world dominated by martial arts it is dominated by magic and each wizard mostly learns only one or two kinda of magic and just works on powering it up and developing that. So a loss of 7 years only set them back in terms of developing the power of their magic. Also everyone isn't "Grown ass men and women" Most of the characters are actually still rought our main casts age due to being much younger than them before the time skip(like meldy) or just having not grown too much in 7 years (Like grey's friend). So we are not "Looking past all that" because it isn't nearly as bad and you make it out.

Spoiler:
Well you got me there but I still liked Fairy Tail way better before the time skip the characters were awesome and everything to me they practically ruined most of the anime it's like a little kid scribbled all over a good piece of art the characters are kind of lame now especially Levi's 2 friends that are always with her, one of them looks like an old ass man and the other is a total fatass and the guild looks like an abandoned farm house the time skipped disappointed me a lot, but who knows maybe as time goes by they'll re-add the baddass factor but Fairy Tail in it's current state is lame.

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:27 pm

MrYoSo901 wrote:
Jayvon wrote:
Spoiler:
Hey what to you guts think of the 7 year time skip don't you think that was way to long? 3 years would have been an ideal time. Well I'm just glad all of the important characters were on the island or else the image of Fairy Tale would have been completely ruined. But 7 years is still completely uncalled for I was seriously thinking of dropping Fairy Tale after that episode

Spoiler:
well yeah, kinda disappointed at that timeskip. I mean in one piece and naruto they all got stronger by training, but in FT all they had to do was enter some kind of cheat code and bam! instant powerup. Only thing i liked about it is how they introduced Mavis XD

Spoiler:
Well the instant power up was because instead of training for [blank years] they basically went into cold sleep for all that time. So they needed to cheat to catch back up. OF course although Magican's are mostly about magic there is some skill which is why they have to try hard in order to win. The power boost helped them catch up but not exactly pass everyone after 7 years. Sure Fairy tails strongest members can mop the floor with any weakling but pit any of them again another high level wizard and it won't be so easy. The cheat code only made their chances go from "not a chance in hell" to "If it wasn't for that fact that this is shonen and they kinda have to win they might actually lose". The writer tried to show that by having them lose the first two competitions badly but then just let Fairy tail start owning everyone. IMO he should have spread out the defeats more making it so that in the end Fairy Tail barely won the tournament. Rather than Fairy tail just falling a little behind at first due to a slow start.

Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Jayvon wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Jayvon wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:
Jayvon wrote:
Spoiler:

Not exactly.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Well you got me there but I still liked Fairy Tail way better before the time skip the characters were awesome and everything to me they practically ruined most of the anime it's like a little kid scribbled all over a good piece of art the characters are kind of lame now especially Levi's 2 friends that are always with her, one of them looks like an old ass man and the other is a total fatass and the guild looks like an abandoned farm house the time skipped disappointed me a lot, but who knows maybe as time goes by they'll re-add the baddass factor but Fairy Tail in it's current state is lame.

Spoiler:
Who ever gave a damn about levi's groupies? They were weak losers from the beginning. 7 years didn't help them at all. As for the building markarov said they would be getting the old one back eventually.

Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:30 pm

MrYoSo901 wrote:
Jayvon wrote:
Spoiler:
Hey what to you guts think of the 7 year time skip don't you think that was way to long? 3 years would have been an ideal time. Well I'm just glad all of the important characters were on the island or else the image of Fairy Tale would have been completely ruined. But 7 years is still completely uncalled for I was seriously thinking of dropping Fairy Tale after that episode.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
EXACTLY! The shit makes no sense! The fans wouldn't care if they didn't train or get the power up. If Natsu suddenly awakened the wrath of the flame dragon or some shit it would be "EPIC" FAIRY TAIL HAS OFICIALLY FUCKED ITSELF!

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Use the fricken spoiler tags you nit wits.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/KarmaDelta

---------------------------------------

Spoiler:

Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
Use the fricken spoiler tags you nit wits.

Seriously. I'm not gonna tell people again I'll just start passing out warnings. Wrapping all your spoilers is getting annoying.

Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 pm

But it's not a spoiler if the episodes we're talking about already aired right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Jayvon wrote:But it's not a spoiler if the episodes we're talking about already aired right?

I guess that is a good point. This is a discussion of the entire series so spoilers are a given. people who aren't up to date with the latest anime episode should expect spoilers. I think we might be getting a little carried away with our use of spoilers. If we spoiler everything that people may not have seen we won't be able to have anything outside of spoiler and that makes the thread look kinda empty. So yeah I'm going to agree with jayvon.

Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 pm

Jayvon wrote:But it's not a spoiler if the episodes we're talking about already aired right?

Considering this is a forum for a dub community, please spoiler tag any discussion after where the dub stopped.

Metazoxan wrote:

I guess that is a good point. This is a discussion of the entire series so spoilers are a given. people who aren't up to date with the latest anime episode should expect spoilers. I think we might be getting a little carried away with our use of spoilers. If we spoiler everything that people may not have seen we won't be able to have anything outside of spoiler and that makes the thread look kinda empty. So yeah I'm going to agree with jayvon.

It is not up for debate. Please take the one extra second and use spoiler tags.

Last edited by Sporadic on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Jayvon wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I like how the main characters stayed the same, but it allowed the world to change, introducing new characters, guilds, enemies, etc. The only problem that I have with it is how the other members of Fairy Tail developed. I hate how one of Levy's groupies is fat, and there is now an old man, besides master makerov, as master. I do like how the "gun"-mage's married and had a kid though.

Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:52 pm

Sporadic wrote:

Considering this is a forum for a dub community, please spoiler tag any discussion after where the dub stopped.

Metazoxan wrote:

It is not up for debate. Please take the one extra second and use spoiler tags.
Seriously? we never had to go that far in the past and the Fairy tail dub doesn't really go that far last I checked. I'm not saying it is to hard to spoiler but it makes a thread feel empty IMO if everyone has to spoiler everything and it feels like it kinda discourages discussion. May I ask everyone here a question. If anyone here only watch the dub and refuses to switch over to subs? If not limiting non spoiler talk to what the dub covers is kinda pointless isn't it?
LunarLexal wrote:
Jayvon wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I like how the main characters stayed the same, but it allowed the world to change, introducing new characters, guilds, enemies, etc. The only problem that I have with it is how the other members of Fairy Tail developed. I hate how one of Levy's groupies is fat, and there is now an old man, besides master makerov, as master. I do like how the "gun"-mage's married and had a kid though.
Spoiler:
Well like I said before did anyone really care about Levi's groupies? They just showed up to fawn over her then dispersal. They never really did or say anything of value. But I agree about the gun mages marrying and having a kid. I kinda wish they would have a flashback to the wedding or something. Just a couple minutes would be fine I just kinda want to see it. Also that kid is just too cute!

Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:02 am

separate the thread discussion for the dub and subs then
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:22 am

Metazoxan wrote:
Spoiler:
Well like I said before did anyone really care about Levi's groupies? They just showed up to fawn over her then dispersal. They never really did or say anything of value. But I agree about the gun mages marrying and having a kid. I kinda wish they would have a flashback to the wedding or something. Just a couple minutes would be fine I just kinda want to see it. Also that kid is just too cute!

Spoiler:
Yeah, I guess your right. But now they just get in the way.

That would be awesome. I would love to see what kind of ceremony they have.

and their kid is the cutest darn thing ever.

Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:separate the thread discussion for the dub and subs then

Or just do as your told and use spoiler tags

MyAnimeList
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Bato wrote:
MrYoSo901 wrote:separate the thread discussion for the dub and subs then

Or just do as your told and use spoiler tags

still seems like we are over using them if we have to use them for anything that isn't dubbed. But if I'm in the minority with this opinion then I'll just go along with it. I just want to see if most people really want to have to spoiler everything not dubbed. Sticking to the dub with shonen is a waste of time IMO. It takes too long for them to come out where if you follow subs you get a new episode every week at a steady pace.

Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:19 pm

Dub discussion thread would be a fail imo, because there's not enough people watching it and discussing. However, I don't like the fact that we need to use spoiler tags... Well I am discussing FT on other forum more anyway, so I am fine however you decide to do here.

Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top