Higurashi Anime Discussion

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Sir Maddy on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 pm

I can finally pull this thread up.

Here, you can discuss the Anime, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Or When They Cry in English)
It is one of the best in this genre, and I'm so glad it's getting a movie.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Wampa on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Its getting a movie?! how have i not heard of this yet.... something to look forward to i guess

_________________
avatar
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 23
Location : Hoth
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Didn't people say the anime sucked balls compared to the VN or something?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Sir Maddy on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:26 pm

AnalBag wrote:Didn't people say the anime sucked balls compared to the VN or something?

Everything sucks balls compared to the original content.
However the Anime is still very good.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by johnstang2 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Its very wicked. The scene where the young girl holds a chef knife against the wall as she shoves her own head onto the blade over and over again until she drops dead still send chills down my spine.

_________________
Signature courtesy of L3GION
MAL
avatar
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 50
Location : Here, There, Nowhere, and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Sir Maddy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 am

You mean, this scene.


_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by johnstang2 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:42 am

Ah yes that is the scene indeed. I remember when I first saw it. It was in a preview before the show like. I said damn literally.

And Thanks for the chills that is going down my spine. affraid

_________________
Signature courtesy of L3GION
MAL
avatar
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 50
Location : Here, There, Nowhere, and Everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Wampa on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 am

Laughing i had forgotten shion said fun fun underground torture room in that scene ,for some reason i was fine with that scene but i couldn't watch the fingernail one....idk i have hemophobia but i can watch this scene and not that one odd..... also are the VNs that good if either of you have seen them?

_________________
avatar
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 23
Location : Hoth
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Sir Maddy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:14 am

Wampa wrote: Laughing i had forgotten shion said fun fun underground torture room in that scene ,for some reason i was fine with that scene but i couldn't watch the fingernail one....idk i have hemophobia but i can watch this scene and not that one odd..... also are the VNs that good if either of you have seen them?

The VN is amazing.
However it's character art is..odd.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Wampa on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 am

Sir Maddy wrote:
The VN is amazing.
However it's character art is..odd.

Thanks maddy if they are that good im gonna download them and try them out and now im kinda curious about this character art style

_________________
avatar
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 23
Location : Hoth
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Nyako~Mayushii on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:36 am

It wasn't as scary for me,

until it got o the worms

_________________

Niji ga deru to usagi ni naru~!
avatar
Nyako~Mayushii
Gillian

Female Posts : 82
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 22
Location : In your Memories . . .
Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Sir Maddy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:17 am

Nyako~Mayushii wrote:It wasn't as scary for me,

until it got o the worms

>Worms
They were maggots.
And it wasn't that bad, they only did it three times out of the whole series. (Twice in Ni and once in Kai)

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by L3GION on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:35 am

Wow, i have never seen this but i have been wanting to watch it. Now that i see its getting a movie i most certainly will move it to the top of the To Watch list.

_________________

MAL
avatar
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 27
Location : Orlando, Florida
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Sir Maddy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:00 am

Well, it's implied to be a movie.
We're going to get either a short TV series, or a feature length movie.
However according to the manga note given out at the 10th anniversary, it's going to be a movie.

I hope DEEN isn't the one doing it again, I hope the director takes it to P.A. Works or even KyoAni.
Though this won't be the case, seeing as Higurashi is DEEN's cash cow franchise.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by JakDark on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 am

I am trying very hard to avoid spoilers lol. But I just found this anime last night, I loooooooove it. I like twisted things. But It's had some inspiration on my comic, which is lovely.

I will say though I have a crush on Rena.

_________________
JakDark Comics & other art
avatar
JakDark
Academy Student

Male Posts : 25
Join date : 2013-01-20
Age : 28
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:46 am

Wampa wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:
The VN is amazing.
However it's character art is..odd.

Thanks maddy if they are that good im gonna download them and try them out and now im kinda curious about this character art style
It's horrible looking they DO have a real vn style for ps3 though and I think there is a dropped project for it on the pc.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Sir Maddy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:17 am

AnalBag wrote:
Wampa wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:
The VN is amazing.
However it's character art is..odd.

Thanks maddy if they are that good im gonna download them and try them out and now im kinda curious about this character art style
It's horrible looking they DO have a real vn style for ps3 though and I think there is a dropped project for it on the pc.....

WRONG.

Higurashi was never adapted onto the PS3 (Umineko was though), it was adapted on the PS2 and DS as a real VN with VN character sprites and voicing.
However, both don't have a translation and there's no chance of an English release.
The one on the PC is a Sound Novel, or SN for short.
This type of novel has no voices, and therefore, uses back ground music to create an atmosphere.
Trust me, it's done well.
There is an official translation for the SN's but it's a pretty poor one at best.
You can find them here:
http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Titles/Details/DB2324F5-8829-455B-B75B-93C14A560794/higurashi-when-they-cry
http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Titles/Details/533FE0C5-62C7-4A6F-AF25-54E099AE2CFC/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-bundle-pack

Or, if you don't want to pay, the links below are free.
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry/
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-meakashi/ (Chapter 5)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-tsumihoroboshi/ (Chapter 6)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-minagoroshi/ (Chapter 7)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-matsuribayashi/ [Chapter 8]

Also, if the SN sprites bother you, there is a patch where the BGs and sprites change and they become the PS2 sprites.
Here's the link:
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/addons/higurashi-ps2-graphics-patch/

. . .
I think I got too into this.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Wampa on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm using the ps2 patch and it doesn't look bad and i gotta say the opening scene for this is alot creepier than the animes, but that may be because i know whats going on behind the black screen and text

_________________
avatar
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 23
Location : Hoth
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Blazer on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:47 pm

JakDark wrote:I am trying very hard to avoid spoilers lol. But I just found this anime last night, I loooooooove it. I like twisted things. But It's had some inspiration on my comic, which is lovely.

I will say though I have a crush on Rena.
Begone with you! She is mine! xD


I can't believe it's getting a movie! So awesome! I have to play the VN too...the whole series was so great! I think the first season was the best TBH ;D

_________________

avatar
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

Posts : 926
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 24
Location : Texas
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:58 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:
AnalBag wrote:
Wampa wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:
The VN is amazing.
However it's character art is..odd.

Thanks maddy if they are that good im gonna download them and try them out and now im kinda curious about this character art style
It's horrible looking they DO have a real vn style for ps3 though and I think there is a dropped project for it on the pc.....

WRONG.

Higurashi was never adapted onto the PS3 (Umineko was though), it was adapted on the PS2 and DS as a real VN with VN character sprites and voicing.
However, both don't have a translation and there's no chance of an English release.
The one on the PC is a Sound Novel, or SN for short.
This type of novel has no voices, and therefore, uses back ground music to create an atmosphere.
Trust me, it's done well.
There is an official translation for the SN's but it's a pretty poor one at best.
You can find them here:
http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Titles/Details/DB2324F5-8829-455B-B75B-93C14A560794/higurashi-when-they-cry
http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Titles/Details/533FE0C5-62C7-4A6F-AF25-54E099AE2CFC/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-bundle-pack

Or, if you don't want to pay, the links below are free.
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry/
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-meakashi/ (Chapter 5)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-tsumihoroboshi/ (Chapter 6)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-minagoroshi/ (Chapter 7)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-matsuribayashi/ [Chapter 8]

Also, if the SN sprites bother you, there is a patch where the BGs and sprites change and they become the PS2 sprites.
Here's the link:
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/addons/higurashi-ps2-graphics-patch/

. . .
I think I got too into this.
Oh hmm your right I got them mixed up.
So they only have the ps graphics for 5-8 only?
I'm only going to play the Three games IF they have the regular sprites AND voices.
But not all them do?
That you can play on pc?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Sir Maddy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:57 pm

AnalBag wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:
AnalBag wrote:
Wampa wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:
The VN is amazing.
However it's character art is..odd.

Thanks maddy if they are that good im gonna download them and try them out and now im kinda curious about this character art style
It's horrible looking they DO have a real vn style for ps3 though and I think there is a dropped project for it on the pc.....

WRONG.

Higurashi was never adapted onto the PS3 (Umineko was though), it was adapted on the PS2 and DS as a real VN with VN character sprites and voicing.
However, both don't have a translation and there's no chance of an English release.
The one on the PC is a Sound Novel, or SN for short.
This type of novel has no voices, and therefore, uses back ground music to create an atmosphere.
Trust me, it's done well.
There is an official translation for the SN's but it's a pretty poor one at best.
You can find them here:
http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Titles/Details/DB2324F5-8829-455B-B75B-93C14A560794/higurashi-when-they-cry
http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Titles/Details/533FE0C5-62C7-4A6F-AF25-54E099AE2CFC/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-bundle-pack

Or, if you don't want to pay, the links below are free.
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry/
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-meakashi/ (Chapter 5)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-tsumihoroboshi/ (Chapter 6)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-minagoroshi/ (Chapter 7)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-matsuribayashi/ [Chapter 8]

Also, if the SN sprites bother you, there is a patch where the BGs and sprites change and they become the PS2 sprites.
Here's the link:
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/addons/higurashi-ps2-graphics-patch/

. . .
I think I got too into this.
Oh hmm your right I got them mixed up.
So they only have the ps graphics for 5-8 only?
I'm only going to play the Three games IF they have the regular sprites AND voices.
But not all them do?
That you can play on pc?

No, the PS2 graphics can be applied to all chapters.
This SN is the type you should really play all the way through to get a better understanding.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:
AnalBag wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:
AnalBag wrote:
Wampa wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:
The VN is amazing.
However it's character art is..odd.

Thanks maddy if they are that good im gonna download them and try them out and now im kinda curious about this character art style
It's horrible looking they DO have a real vn style for ps3 though and I think there is a dropped project for it on the pc.....

WRONG.

Higurashi was never adapted onto the PS3 (Umineko was though), it was adapted on the PS2 and DS as a real VN with VN character sprites and voicing.
However, both don't have a translation and there's no chance of an English release.
The one on the PC is a Sound Novel, or SN for short.
This type of novel has no voices, and therefore, uses back ground music to create an atmosphere.
Trust me, it's done well.
There is an official translation for the SN's but it's a pretty poor one at best.
You can find them here:
http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Titles/Details/DB2324F5-8829-455B-B75B-93C14A560794/higurashi-when-they-cry
http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Titles/Details/533FE0C5-62C7-4A6F-AF25-54E099AE2CFC/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-bundle-pack

Or, if you don't want to pay, the links below are free.
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry/
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-meakashi/ (Chapter 5)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-tsumihoroboshi/ (Chapter 6)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-minagoroshi/ (Chapter 7)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-matsuribayashi/ [Chapter 8]

Also, if the SN sprites bother you, there is a patch where the BGs and sprites change and they become the PS2 sprites.
Here's the link:
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/addons/higurashi-ps2-graphics-patch/

. . .
I think I got too into this.
Oh hmm your right I got them mixed up.
So they only have the ps graphics for 5-8 only?
I'm only going to play the Three games IF they have the regular sprites AND voices.
But not all them do?
That you can play on pc?

No, the PS2 graphics can be applied to all chapters.
This SN is the type you should really play all the way through to get a better understanding.
Is there a torrent for these instead of DL?
Also voice patch included?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Sir Maddy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:20 pm

AnalBag wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:
AnalBag wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:
AnalBag wrote:
Wampa wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:
The VN is amazing.
However it's character art is..odd.

Thanks maddy if they are that good im gonna download them and try them out and now im kinda curious about this character art style
It's horrible looking they DO have a real vn style for ps3 though and I think there is a dropped project for it on the pc.....

WRONG.

Higurashi was never adapted onto the PS3 (Umineko was though), it was adapted on the PS2 and DS as a real VN with VN character sprites and voicing.
However, both don't have a translation and there's no chance of an English release.
The one on the PC is a Sound Novel, or SN for short.
This type of novel has no voices, and therefore, uses back ground music to create an atmosphere.
Trust me, it's done well.
There is an official translation for the SN's but it's a pretty poor one at best.
You can find them here:
http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Titles/Details/DB2324F5-8829-455B-B75B-93C14A560794/higurashi-when-they-cry
http://www.mangagamer.com/allages/Titles/Details/533FE0C5-62C7-4A6F-AF25-54E099AE2CFC/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-bundle-pack

Or, if you don't want to pay, the links below are free.
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry/
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-meakashi/ (Chapter 5)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-tsumihoroboshi/ (Chapter 6)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-minagoroshi/ (Chapter 7)
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/higurashi-when-they-cry-kai-matsuribayashi/ [Chapter 8]

Also, if the SN sprites bother you, there is a patch where the BGs and sprites change and they become the PS2 sprites.
Here's the link:
http://erogedownload.com/downloads/addons/higurashi-ps2-graphics-patch/

. . .
I think I got too into this.
Oh hmm your right I got them mixed up.
So they only have the ps graphics for 5-8 only?
I'm only going to play the Three games IF they have the regular sprites AND voices.
But not all them do?
That you can play on pc?

No, the PS2 graphics can be applied to all chapters.
This SN is the type you should really play all the way through to get a better understanding.
Is there a torrent for these instead of DL?
Also voice patch included?
Nah, there's only DL.
Also, there are no voices for the PC the patch only provides the graphics from the PS2.

_________________
[MAL/Anime-Planet]



avatar
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 19
Location : Australia
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Double fuck....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by DemonEyesJoe on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:51 pm

i loved this show, lots of people say it sucked and they didnt understand it. but once i got confused i look up a little bit about the VN, and realized there are multipule stories and viewpoints in the show, upon knowing that, it made much more sense as i watched it.


_________________
In this world, evil can arise from the best intentions; and there is good that can come from evil intentions.
>>YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO CLICK THIS<<>>ALSO LET ME KNOW IF MY SIG IS TO BIG<<

| Anime-Planet | Youtube | osu! |
sex on the beach:
avatar
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 27
Location : Virginia, USA
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Re: Higurashi Anime Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum